2012 Badminton Asia Championships: Qualifications to Quarter-Finals matches

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2012' started by chris-ccc, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

unstable conditions for MAS duo...!!

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Finally, GVS/LKW disposes of the 4th seeds Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu 14-21; 21-16; 21-16. Well done! Next up is Endo/Kenichi from Japan, they play with a different style and might be tough but definitely not unbeatable.

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Who's she? Coming from nowhere? :eek:

*sigh harder*
    Born October 21, 1991 (official data ;)), which means she's 21 today. Only 9 months younger than Li Xuerui.
    AJC winner in 2009 and has been playing in senior level since then.

And that's it.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    wow.. a possible total china finals? ;)

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think many of us who follow the juniors already know who Chen Xiaojia is since at least 3 years ago.

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Bao Yixin/Zhong Qianxin always seems awfully lucky... they always end up the winner in deuce... especially during Japan SS (saved match points since QF to Final!) and here (R1 against Anneke/Nitya, R2 saved a game point against Reika/Mizuki)

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

All my predictions are spot on, except for the one on Rian/Angga.

MD QF
    Chai Biao/Guo Zhendong
    [1] vs Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra [5] - AG/Alvent have a 2-0 H2H record against Chai/Guo but I don't think they can beat the top-seed in front of the home crowd.

XD QF
    Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto [7] vs Kang Ji Wook/Eom Hye Won - Kang Ji Wook will be a formidable player in both MD & XD. Rijal/Debby might lose this one.

8. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Crap! Sorry, I mean 20. :p

Oookay, more Chen Xiaojia FAQ:
    1) Winner of 2011 Indonesia GP Gold.
    2) Prominent victims including: Hwang Hye-youn, Ratchanok Inthanon (OMG! :eek:), Pi Hongyan, Carolina Marin (yikes! :eek:), Jiang Yanjiao (what the... :eek:), Yao Jie, Ai Goto, and Saina Nehwal.

References: Wikipedia, Tournamentsoftware, and of course our beloved BadmintonCentral. :cool:

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

good mental strength. i thought they will lost to Nitya/Feinya already, but somehow they turn everything around. :eek:

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the info,mate. Anyway,unlikely she can make her big break here,with all her more illustrious teammates playing.

#230 Justin L, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    PAW Game for the 2012 Asia and Europe Championships

Sandy has opened the PAW Game for this 2012 Badminton Asia Championships (merged with the 2012 Badminton Europe Championships), starting from the Quarter-Finals.

Here is the link;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...C-(MERGED)-GP-GOLD-2012?p=1883969#post1883969

Study and watch out for the different time schedules;

For Asia: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...27E1D2-DD7D-451F-BE52-EA4FA37FFAF5&d=20120420

For Europe: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=509E789B-EA12-4B3B-8F6A-CAD97266B03B

12. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Fly fishing and badminton instructor
    Who else? May I add the names of Sun Yu and Sheng Yaying . Both of them were finalists in the AJC 2011, with Sun Yu emerging as champion. Between them they disposed of a Saina in the making, PV Sidhu, and Naomi Okuhara who gave Han Li such a tough time in the on-going ABC Unfortunately they did not take part in the 2011 WJC because it was held in Taipei. They may be kept for junior competitions at the moment and once the time is ripe will get their chances at the senior level and you can expect some surprises from them too. That is the depth of Chinese badminton, especially in the ladies' game. And somebody mentioned Suo Di. Yes, she should be quite good by now.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well,as Indian coach P. Gopichand used to say China is capable of producing world beaters at the drop of a hat, no doubt about that. What I'm more interested is who in the rest of the world can really challenge them. It's not that China vs China matches seldom produce badminton of the very highest quality, in fact they often do as I've pointed out before. It's just that the element of an exciting,thrilling contest with the crowd and spectators on site or on TV or on the web getting thoroughly involved is somehow not quite the same, except for China fans - and that,in the long run,is not very healthy for the sport, I'm afraid.

Then,badminton may end up like basketball in US,becoming very much an American sport. I cannot imagine,if I were a WS player,what will keep me going,no mater how much I love the sport,when even the second tier CHN WS players are so hard to beat, what with their new upcoming players sprouting up every now and then.

Fortunately,that's not fully the case in MS, thanks largely to the mighty Lee CW (but for how long more?). Frankly,at least for me,if not for the great rivalry between Lin Dan and Lee CW, my interest in badmonton would have waned considerably,just as it did before when Zhao Jianhua,who was the first to rouse my enthusiasm in the sport,retired until Lin Dan, followed by Lee CW, came along.

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    She explained: "I played well in the Swiss Open and I am in good form this time but it is not easy to compete with the Chinese at the top level. Last one year was tough for me. I had an ankle injury and my form also dipped but I'm happy to have regained my form before the Olympics." She defended her
    Swiss Grand Prix
    title in March, the only one she won this season even though she made four finals.

"In the run-up to the Games, I plan to play against a lot of Chinese players. It would be like one against seven Chinese and I want to put pressure on them by beating them so that they can also be under some tension before the Olympics," she added. She will play four tournaments before heading for London in August.

In short...i can say she is all talk but no substance...Mouthy (british slang) to describe her in one word

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    The Three Wang Kingdom is apparently on the brink of collapse....moving on to the 10 Kingdoms and 5 Dynasties Period.....( implying on the number of unknown Chinese players emerging and none of them actually stand above one another ....anyone can be winner in any tournament

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Now Wang Shixian hopes/curses Li Xuerui to lose against Cheng Shao Chieh since Nehwal let her down completely against Chen Xiao Jia......

The matches following will be fixed completely by LYB but i dont think WSX is going to listen to any of his crap...she is probably going to take matters into her own hands now to make sure she qualifies for the Olympics....even if she needs to try her absolute best to defeat Wang Yihan in the semifinal should Li Han give a walkover to her

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. hopefully it won't end up being "chaotic 7 kingdoms" (
    七國咁亂 )

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It will turn out to be quite messy in the long run because the coaches will not be able to determine who is the best player to be selected or handpicked for the team games or as a role model for inspiration..One of them can perform well on every tournament plus you will struggle as a coach to identify the right player to lead the players in big tournaments....

Mistakes are inevitable if there are too many players performing too well at odd times...

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    The post-Wang Dynasty era after ruling the badminton world for more than 12 months would be ended by the internal rebellion or revolution:

Wang Xin (well she is a Manchurian) - Later Jin Dynasty

Jiang Yanjiao - Later Jiang Dynasty

Li Xuerui - Early Tang Dynasty

Han Li - Early Han Dynasty

Chen XiaoJia - Early Chen Dynasty

Wang Lin - Xin Dynasty

Liu Xin - Liu Song Dynasty

The once glorious Wang Dynasty would be overthrown earliest by the Olympics

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

soon all will end by the foreigners (8 Alliances)....hahaha!!