2012 Asia U-19 Junior Championships in Gimcheon, Korea

Discussion in '2012 Tournaments' started by Krisna, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes I was in Kudus... busy being a spectator at the annual Djarum mass-audition process... PB. Djarum had to select only a few of the best talents they can find out of the 1100 applicants...

1st round: 1100-something athletes (up from 800-something in 2011 and 600-something in 2010)
    2nd round: 300-something athletes
    3rd round: 100-something athletes
    4th round: 12 girls, 14 boys
    final decision: approximately 5 girls and 5 boys...
    Interestingly, INA badminton results are devastating (compared to INA's historical standard), but the interests in becoming badminton athletes are improving... :eek:

I am very happy that Edi-Arya and Ricky-Ullin won their respective final matches! Good progress!!! ;)

#341 Krisna, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    1ajcchamps2.jpg 1ajcchams.jpg 1ajcsemis.jpg 1ajcsemis2.jpg
    Edi-Arya and Kevin-Alfian in Korea

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Kento Momota definitely one to watch in future for sure

Good regeneration from Japan

4. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Actually I prefer Alfian/Kevin to bring the BD title, but its ok lah..

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation SJV....................well done!

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    mitani minatsu already overage lah!hehe
    she was busy being savior of japan uber cup.

he have one more year to go
    instead of won a gold medal in asean school games,he did a right move,quit bjss and play in asian junior
    he reach final.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I haven't posted my thought yet since I was quite busy yesterday.

I was really thrilled to see the INA pair Edi Subaktiar/Arya Maulana Aldiartama winning INA's 2nd AJC BD (still my favorite event) title after Angga/Rendy (back in 2009). It was also a close shave as it turned out that the TPE pair had 3 match pts at 20-17 in the second set, only to be overturned by the INA pair 22-20 (winning 5 straight-pts). The third-set was practically Edi/Arya's. Surely, they will be among the top seeds in the WJC.

Despite being a scratch pairing, Alfian Eko Prasetya/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo also managed to win a Bronze Medal for INA, losing 20-22, 13-21 to the silver-medallist TPE pair. I guess we will see them in action again in the WJC or Kevin will partner Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho considering the fact that Alfian will no longer be available for AJC & WJC 2013. INA will surely need to introduce some new players to prepare them for next year?

As for Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma, they will also be sent to WJC as well and with some good draw (unlike this week where they unfortunately wasted 2 match pts against the JPN pair), they are still good for a medal considering they will also be highly seeded (thanks to their ranking).

The competition in WJC will remain pretty much the same. The top pairs will be Lee Chun Hei/Ng Ka Long, Wang Chih Lin/Wu Hsiao Lin, Takuto Inoue/Yuki Kaneko (who beat Edi/Arya in the team-event and Hafiz/Putra in the inidividual-event), and some KOR pairs (they may reshuffle them again) + don't forget the formidable DEN pair of Kasper Antonsen/Frederick Colberg, whom I believe are still eligible for this year's WJC.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Some contenders for AJC 2013 for INA's BD:
    Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho (3 consecutive domestic titles in May/June)

plus 2 from the following pairs:
    Tedi Supriadi/Yantoni Edy Saputra - Won Sirnas Semarang (U-19) 2012+Pertamina Open (U-17) 2011 titles. Yantoni is the left-handed player....I kinda like him....very seldom we have a left-handed BD player in INA. Tedi also looks quite solid as he won 2 Sirnas titles (U-17) with Kevin Ersa in 2011. I actually prefer Tedi/Yantoni to Hantoro/Arsya.

Hantoro/Arsya Isnanu Ardi Putra - Won Sirnas Makassar (U-19) 2012+Astec Open (U-17) 2011 titles.

Rian Swastedian/R. Eka Fajar Kusuma - Won Sirnas Banjarmasin and Palembang (U-19) 2012 titles. But recently, they lost to each of the above Djarum pairs.

Rizko Azuro/Wildan Atmaja - Won Sirnas Jambi (U-19) 2012 titles.