2012 All England SSP: Sat 10-Mar Semi-Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

And........no red card for this kind of behaviour? ;p

2. julianng

julianng Regular Member

What about Taufik or Gade ?

Im sure on a good day both these players capable of defeating LD as well.

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Today was great at the Yonex All England. Today it is a shame that Ma Jin and Xu Chen lost to the dans but I think Chen made several mistakes. It was a great between Lee Hyun Il and Lee Chong Wei, Lee Hyun Il made several brilliant winners against the number one. The game with Jung Jae Sung and Lee Yong Dae VS Carsten Mogensen and Mathias Boe, I realised that the Dans were getting really frustrated as their game strategy didn't work that well and the Koreans did really well to beat them. Kenichi Tago played really well against Lin Dan, Tago is good player however he has a lot of pressure on him, but Today Tago stayed clam and played his game and was pretty close to beating Lin Dan

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Does anyone noticed that the malaysian Lee(CW) and the Korean Lee(HI) play a similar style?
    No wonder as both were under the Chinese Lee(miao) for awhile.

Now, is another lee (Li XR) the new favor for head coach Lee (Li YB)?

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Just a bit of side news. after today's SF , YY was watching the other semi with her 2 younger team mates and she had a big ice pack with her all the time. wouldn't be too surprised if there is a no match for tomorrow's WD final

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

To be honest I think as well, both LEEs play cross court smashes and play very good net shots and etc

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Both of them were from the same "seefu"(coach) except LHI relies heavily on his defensive arsenal to win while CW mixes his game well on both offense and defense. Interesting to know at one point LHI quit the national team because the training was to hard under Li Mao:D. I think if LHI is more aggressive in his overall approach then he can be a real threat! Imagine being passive playing against LD/LCW, if you're underdog then take some risk else the result will be "same old same old"!

8. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LHI gave LCW a tough time before bowing out. He was good in all aspects and is a medal prospect for the 2012 OG.
    CPS/GLY's gallant run came to an end but the score was a very respectable 25-27, 16-21, in favor of TA/LN. The XD is the only match without any Chinese representation as their number 2 seeded pair of XC/MJ were beaten by TL/KRJ 16-21, 18-21.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LD seems in good form this time, LCW will have hard time in the final as LCW didnt showed any good displays in yesterday's SF against LHI.

LCW was way too weak in his attacks.....LHI almost retrieved all his smashes...LHI lost because of his own unforced errors......

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Re-watching the XD SF between CHN and DAN pairs, looks like a match between an XD pair (CHN) vs a MD pair (DAN)... :DEuropean's size, if their female player possess the speed and skill, would be lethal and play like a MD....

11. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

A faster way to end the match: retired after leading like last time... :D

12. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

I saw that on tv. Throughout and after the game he was rubbing his hand. I thought he grip his racket too hard. I hope he will not push it too hard today. Save it for the most important game, Olympic

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    yeah, there should have been a red card (at least a yellow)

14. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    Not a single card was flashed probably because of the environmental pressure surrounding him (the umpire) I think. I can’t possibly think of any viable reason besides that especially when one had witnessed the Malaysian pair got flashed a red card for something less. And the umpire officiating that match was from the UK too - it simply reinforces the notion that the West usually gets away with less severe punishment than the more subservient East.

You see, the western propaganda machine is constantly at work in the papers we read; in the commentary booth (Gillian Clark & Anthony Clark); as well as here on this forum without even most realising it (including the perpetuators). Sometimes it is put across more subtly and sometimes strongly against the likes of China in particular with catchphrase like “cheats”, “walkovers”, “manipulations”, “mysterious illness” scattered all over the press/forum and slowly working into our conscious.

But the hypocritical West, as we have witnessed time and time again, wanting so badly to reign over the East in the world of badminton (case in point; boe/mogensen) would have no question - in any intelligible person’s mind - carry out the exact nationalistic acts as the Chinese would particularly when it possesses such dominance and depth.

I see it in this forum everyday - each time I tried to advocate my support for the Chinese team which incidentally deserves everyone’s unreserved and upmost respect, I got ridiculed, ignored, and accused of inflammatory remarks. Therefore after a while, one can’t help but question these motives.

We really ought to be cautious of the invisible (western ideological) hand at work that tries relentlessly to always encapsulate our unsuspecting minds to turn us against our kind. The irony is that the East should actually be grateful to the Chinese for finally freeing us from the shackles of the imperialistic west and leaving them to the slaughter and slavery of their own (debt) problems. For too long they have been living on the goodwill of the accommodating East.

“It is only a sport for christ’s sake” some would belittle, but the theorists know it is never just a “sport”. There is more at stake if one can see the bigger picture, the history of civilisations and the overall scheme.

But then again your mileage may vary so be nice and gentle to all human kind. :)

15. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LD gave Chong Wei Feng a good review on the latter's style of play and potential to fill in LCW's shoes in the future. I must admit before this, I had no interest whatsoever in Wei Feng and now suddenly I would like to watch him play.

16. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    As usual although it's highly possible or vice versa, these things are never concrete evidence unless of course they openly admit it which is definite 'no no'.

But banking on the fact that most ticket-paying spectators would like to watch the LCW-LD match anyway (majority, again speculation from my side), so CL's lost to Kenichi is forgivable. Haha..:D

17. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    As usual although it's highly possible or vice versa, these things are never a concrete evidence unless of course China camp openly admit to it, which is a definite 'no no'.

But banking on the fact that most ticket-paying spectators would prefer to watch the LCW-LD match anyway (majority, again speculation from my side), so CL's lost to Kenichi is forgivable, well at least to me it is. Haha..:D

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s great to be idealistic but this is stretching too far. LD is the General and all other CHN MS are just his foot soldiers. If you care to research through the past years data, maybe you will come down to earth. CL s distinction is that he has beaten LCW, one of only two players to have beaten him in the past three years. And he did so by getting a one match discount on those occasions. Essentially, CL is a play-one-match-less SS/PSS champion. CL has one big weapon and many little weaknesses. That s why he struggles against players he should have rolled over, based on his WR3 reputation.

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    That's not entirely true, Wang Xin has 100 percent winning rate against Tine Baun ONLY !? Compared to Wang Shixian and Yihan, she is the one who struggled the most against other players and tends to get knocked out very early in the tournament.

I would strongly protest if LYB drops any of the WANGs from the Olympics especially Wang Yihan. She has done remarkably well and recovered from slump to win so many major titles, she is one of the best hopes for China to win, so why drop her for Li Xuerui? It should be Wang Xin who should be worried about because her early exits in random tournaments have reached the alarming level.

She has lost to Tai Tzu Ying so many times when they met in round 1/2 ( I could barely remember when was the last she ever beaten tai-phoon)

Sung Jihyun, Bae Younjoo and Juliane schenk have a higher probability of beating her because of their style of play.

Wang Shixian has to be there to counter them and she never had problems beating them, sometimes struggled against Schenk.

PS: I am Wang Shixian's fan and I believe Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan are both indispensable in their own rights..Wang Xin is the one who should fix her inconsistencies against random players or else she will lose her place...

20. Flyvet

Flyvet Regular Member

Fly fishing and badminton instructor
    Rely to tase75.

#460 Flyvet, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012