2011 U.S. Open daily recaps, happenings, side news...

Discussion in 'Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011' started by ctjcad, Jul 11, 2011.

1. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    wow what happen to hje/kmj

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Intanon had won INA Open last year...........in Samarinda..this is first time TTZ won GP Gold...

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thanks hauge
    i thought it was a gp only
    thanks
    now both won grand prix gold

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I do not remember the last INA WS who won a Gold GP title... I only remember Febe, Firda, and Nana winning GP titles in the past 5 years... Surely not Maria Kristin... (I don't think Maria ever won a GP title, let alone a GP Gold title)... Can anyone help me with this data?

Errr... could Ellen Angelina (who won the INA Open in 2001) be the last INA WS to ever win a GP Gold or SS level tournament?

#204 Krisna, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  5. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I think you're right.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

But MKY won a Bronze medal at OG08, I think I would rather have a bronze medal than 5 GP titles!:p

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i might not be more familiar on ina ws compare to u/sandy/badmania or hauge
    but from ina ws player i see in ajc recent years,they are still yet to reach the top(tai,RI,chinese or japanese)
    ratchanok lost once in ajc 2009 to ina player,but that because she just finished her xd match and since then,ratchanok yet to lost in junior stage ws.
    i believe the just conclude ajc wasnt ina best squad(ws)
    where ina lost both ws match in team event knockout stage(to japan and mas) and didnt win any medal in individual event
    so we shall see how ina ws fair in wjc

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Out of interest was LYB there at OCBC ? If not, who was the coach in charge ?

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

KOR rules US Open this year, 3 titles in all doubles discipline. Lee Young-dae & Ha Jung-eun have double joy today :D
    Japan & Chinese Taipei grab 1 title each through singles division. Excellent perfomance by Sho Sasaki here, won all his matches with straight-sets until finale.

10. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Isn't she from Taiwan? Or she was borned in South CA and moved back to Taiwan? Just curious.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

limsy ah...congrats to TTY..
    now, she has to win a regular GP WS title and a WJC WS title to match RI..whaddaya say?:cool:

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Day 6 (Finals) recap..

..here's a quickie recap:

1. Yong Dae Lee & Jung Eun Ha vs. Hung Ling Chen & Wen Hsing Cheng - The CHN TPE played almost perfect through most of of the 1st game. However, towards the end of the 1st game a couple of errors from Cheng WH helped the KOR pair tie the score and eventually win the 1st game. The errors continued into the 2nd game as the KOR pair raced and built a sizeable lead. The CHN TPE pair tried to regain their form but it wasn't enough as LYD secured the 1st of his 2 titles of the night. As for Cheng WH's serving, i don't recall her making a lot of them.

2. Tzu Ying Tai vs. Sayaka Sato - In the 1st game, Sayaka played a lot of high risk shots and tried to hit winners which compounded her to make errors. In the 2nd game, she tried to change strategy by playing more net shots and forcing Tai TY to come forward. It worked as Tai TY closed the end of the 2nd game with errors. But in the 3rd, the rejuvenated Tai TY came out aggressive and read Sayaka's strategy as Sayaka committed more errors which allowed Tai TY to clinch her first ever GP Gold title.

3. Sho Sasaki vs. Tien Minh Nguyen - Sho played a very patient and controlled game despite Nguyen TM trying his best; that was the difference. In both games, Nguyen would close in with a few errors from Sho, but every time Nguyen would tie the score or even had a slight lead over Sho, Sho would answer back.

4. Jung Eun Ha & Min Jung Kim vs. Kyung Eun Jung & Ha Na Kim - Well, the crowd definitely was expecting the match to end in 2 games. But the compatriots played it out and the more consistent Ha JE and Kim MJ secured the title. They are both a pair to watch in the future.

5. Sung Hyun Ko & Yong Dae Lee vs. Howard Bach & Tony Gunawan - Well, the veterans tried their best and to an extent should be thankful they didn't meet this KOR pair in one of the earlier rounds. The KOR pair was just too fast, too strong and quick. Tony made at least half a dozen unforced errors (i counted) in the 1st game as they didn't have much if any chance to smash. In the 2nd game, they actually were forcing the issue more, had a lead & were about to push for a rubber game, but errors toward the end cost them the game. Congrats to Yong Dae, 7 yrs removed from playing at this same OCBC hall, and now he's a double winner!:cool:

13. sen

sen Regular Member

I think it is just a matter of time before both of them will win a Super Series so who will win it first ?

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Podium & trophy presentation pictures..

..almost forgot these..

XD winners & runners-up
    [​IMG]

WS winner & runner-up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MS winner & runner-up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WD winners & runners-up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

MD winners & runners-up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i mean world junior championship,which will be held in taiwan this october
    sorry for misleading

i wont compare tai to ratchanok
    both have their own record

i think will be tai
    because ratchanok is rather stable,but not enough to earn her a ss title
    hehe
    if tai suddenly have some great feeling of touch,then she can be really good

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Freakin' huge trophies! Looks like TTY is going to topple over from the weight of that monster.:p

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    yeah. those runners up must be saying. damn. I got none. lol. ;)

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Both Tai and Ratchanok make me think of WSX - very similar playing style. It will be nice to see both of them able to challenge the Chinese WS players in the near future. They sure have the potential.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    There will be new CHN players groomed to face both Tai and Ratchanok in years to come

I think that when both Tai and Ratchanok are ready to challenge the Chinese WS players, our current crop of CHN players would have all retired.

Therefore there will be new crop of CHN players groomed to face both Tai and Ratchanok in years to come. :):):)

20. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

WL, WSH and WSX are at the low 20's. You think they will all retire in 2 or 3 years? :eek::eek:

Tai beat Lu Lan who beat WSX a couple times earlier this year. I know it doesn't mean Tai will beat WSX. But it tells that Lu Lan still have something left. And Tai is already able to beat the 2-tier CHN WS players. :)

#220 Qidong, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011