2011 French Open SS: Qualification Rounds Tue 25-October

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

While it is very likely to be Chen Long vs Lee Chong Wei Semi-Final, and however much impressed I am by Chen Long's superb performance just then, I must say it is hard to imagine Chong Wei going down to him yet again, three times in a row!?

So Chong wei fans and sympathisers, don't worry,evenly matched players probably don't win or lose to each other too many times in succession. Though I doubt a LD-LCW Dream Final may come about here in Paris, I'm speculating on the outside chance that Lin Dan,after seeing Chen Long's surprising and outstanding achievement, feels it's about time he himself play some serious badminton to sharpen his competitiveness (can't afford to fool around too much, might backfire) and maintain his ranking points close to his two main rivals to avoid having to meet either one of them in the early rounds of the next major championship. I said two main rivals and not just one because he has to regconize by now that Chen Long could be his stumbling block to his London Olympic quest;remember he sat in to watch the CL-LCW clash,more,I believe to see how CL would perform than his old safe rival CW whom he knows so well.

Just as well, Lin Dan might want to seize what he thought is the right timing to play Chong Wei at his worst mental state to reinforce his stranglehold over his archrival,further consolidating his superiority over him and break his willpower and spirit more decisively.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    What do you think will happen if Lin Dan gets to face Chen Long at the Finals?

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think with CL's recent top form.....CL will beat LD......!!

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Chen Long uses the same strategy like Lin Dan

I just posted an article in the 2011 Denmark Open thread. I shall also post it here.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/l2ne21-2/Article/

It was said that Chen Long uses the same strategy like Lin Dan......

====== * ====== start article ====== * ======

Badminton / Danish Open: Chen Long overpowers Chong Wei again

2011/10/24
    By K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my

THE revenge that Lee Chong Wei was hoping for didn't materialise as Chen Long of China defeated the World No 1 again to clinch the Denmark Open in Odense yesterday.

Chen Long defeated Chong Wei 21-15, 21-18 in 45 minutes to complete a hat-trick of Super Series titles and also repeat his Japan Open victory over the Malaysian.

Chong Wei had made it clear that before leaving for Odense last week that his intention was not to keep winning every title but the build-up to the London Olympics next year.

National singles coach Tey Seu Bock, in a telephone interview from Odense, said he is not too worried about Chong Wei's second defeat to Chen Long.

"Chen Long uses the same strategy like Lin Dan and Chong Wei is not comfortable playing him at the moment. We have to do some homework and analyse a little bit more when we return to Kuala Lumpur," said Seu Bock.

"The preparation after Japan Open may not have been enough but we still have to play here as the Olympics qualifying points are important.

"The only concern for me is that Chong Wei shouldn't get injured and he has managed to avoid them so far.

"It is still a fine achievement to reach the final again. It is not easy to reach the final in every tournament and he will be aiming for that in the French open next week.

"Chong Wei could play Chen Long again in the semi-final stage and he will try to beat him in Paris."

In the men's doubles, Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae of South Korea stopped the Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng juggernaut when they secured a 21-16, 21-17 win for the title.

Jae Sung-Yong Dae also beat Cai Yun-Haifeng in the China Masters last month.

Results -- (All Finals)

Men's Singles: Chen Long (Chn) bt Lee Chong Wei (Mas) 21-15, 21-18.

Doubles: Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae (Kor) bt Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng (Chn) 21-16, 21-17.

Women's Singles: Wang Xin (Chn) bt Wang Yihan (Chn) 21-14, 23-21.

Doubles: Yu Yang-Wang Xiaoli (Chn) bt Tian Qing-Zhao Yunlei (Chn) 22-20, 21-16.

Mixed Doubles: Joachim Fischer Nielsen-Christinna Pedersen (Den) bt Xu Chen-Ma Jin (Chn) 22-20, 21-16.

====== * ====== end article ====== * ======

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

But LYB beats the both of them, hands down, haha :D

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    What finals?

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I was asking Justin L; referring to his post of Post #21;

#27 chris-ccc, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Looks like Hoon Thien How/Tan Wee Kiong withdraws... GWS/LKW has to take revenge on the ENG pair to move to the main draw.

9. milky2529

milky2529 Regular Member

well. that was harsh.. But, they have the chance laahh.. especially Daren Liew.. I like this guy ;)

Hey, where is our INA young pair MD? Rendy/Afiat? Last time I saw them on the qualifying round against maneepong/issara..
    Don't tell me, PBSI cancel this MD pair again?? First Denmark SSP, and now France SS. They must really dissapointed.. Why PBSI... Why??????????? I love this pair.. :crying:

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I remember KKK/TBH said they don't want to be split up.

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

just like BAM, no budget to send more young players to participate tournaments...

12. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Seriously BAM has no budget? BAM received RM40 million from Maybank for the next 6 years. This year BAM will received RM6 million and Maybank will raise the value to RM7 million next year. So don't tell me BAM has no money. Even the Msian Budget 2012 allocated more money for MAS sport development. Surely BAM's management can allocate more money for sending players to compete overseas.

I hope those 'higher ups' in BAM used the money wisely. :mad:

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Most of the money goes to paying coaches' salary I guess...

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Uhhh, I don't think so...
    There are specific budget allocations for regional associations, development programs etc.
    Besides, BAM has introduced the performance-result-linked-payment structure for most coaches, it seems.
    If that's the case, they are going to save a lot of money ATM. Sadly...

15. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Theory of Plants applied To Badminton

The 'seeds' of the plant is the player. How it grows out to be depends very much (60%) on the player.

The 'fertilizer' is the coach. Analysis, tactical play, double-motion techniques, footwork, anticipation - all are crucial to pave the way and help deter the improper way to play badminton. However, too much fertilizer can also kill the 'plant'. The plant has to be given room to grow.

The 'soil' is the tournament without which the player has no chance to flourish and mature. So no matter how good the seed, it is absolutely crucial to plant the player in the soil.

It can also be said if both the soil and fertilizer are of the best quality, but the seed is not, then the outcome is just average. But if the seed is highly good, then even average fertilizer and soil will bring about good fruits. The player will turn out to be equipped in all areas of play. Only thing needed is fine-tuning.

But in today's badminton arena, all 3 is crucial. Such is the necessity when only a single soldier is in the battlefield to shoulder the responsiblity (Malaysia Singles).

Malaysia is lacking in seeds. There is much soil but not put into use much, or rather the soil is given to seeds who can bring fame to Malaysia, but not those in the seedling stage (backup squad).

The sheer numbers in which China players qualify for every tournament is in line to the survival theory. More eggs hatched to make sure more chances to survive and make it to the finals.

#35 Pakito, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe Lin Dan will be in for a shock too - time for him to wake up and stop all his off-court antics, and play some serious badminton with secret weapons for big occasions.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And if Lin Dan keeps thinking he should avoid playing Lee CW as much as possible to reserve his best for the big ones, how is he going to improve himself without crossing swords with the very best in competitive environment? This is more critical now that Chen Long has emerge as another force to be reckoned with. Or he can say bye-bye to his Double-Olympic-Gold-Medal-Dream. Also if Chong Wei learns to let go and handle his mental state better without undue pressure and the burden of expectation (for once he is the underdog), he is in for the running - just like Chen Long in their last two matches where he could play with wild abandon,threw caution to the wind, with nothing to lose and nothing to fear.

#37 Justin L, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think the odds are against Chen Long winning the 4th Super Series title in a row. He's been on a high and another high the last two Super Series victories over of all person ,the mighty Chong Wei, that he (CL) may get carried away or lose his bearings - I suggest he pause a while to take stock of himself and get ready to charge again in a steady manner,at the same time growing and developing as a complete,consummate player. If he let his last two stupendous successes gets into his head and is rudely and unexpectedly stopped in his track by some unknown factor (say,a shock defeat at XYZ's hand), it may set him back quite a bit, hopefully not bad enough to undo him. A truly great player progresses both physiologically and psychologically in pace with his skills.

19. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    My fave Miyuki Maeda n her partner (I just care about Miyuki..not nice, I know) will meet my fellow countrymen Jian Guo/Sook Chin. Not very patriotic but I want Miyuki to win :p

Of course if Jian Guo/Sook Chin come out as winners, I'll be glad too :cool:

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Problem with LCW is it is always his to lose. He has been seeded No. 1 in every tournaments since when? After OG 08 or earlier?