2011 China Masters: Finals on Sunday 18-September

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei GP Gold / China Masters 2011' started by chris-ccc, Sep 17, 2011.

1. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    i said koreans. not lyd/jjs. LOL.

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I think Cai/Fu are also too exhausted after SF fight yerterday. Korea has few strong pairs, so far China only has Cai/Fu :p yet perhaps Hong Wei/Shen Ye has some good prospect (cf. disappointing Chai/Guo)
    Today's final is clearly the day of JJS/LYD esp. LYD who played very well!

#362 kelana, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Sounds like a correct thing to do, don't you think ;)

4. sen

sen Regular Member

Well, Jiang is not entered in Japan Open so I don't think there is any conspiracy here.

As for Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang, I think they will pull out of Japan, looks to me it is real.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Cai/Fu start to doubt their own abilities after their last 2 victory has assisted by external factors.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and there concludes the live streaming.

it was a privilege to be following the China Masters with you all. we will see you back here next week for the Japan Open.

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    okay folks, bye for now...cu in Jpn open :p

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Lesson learned :

I will never watch badminton with anyone who has a gun!!!!!! Haha

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WSX strong? If so, how come she hardly smashes and when she does there is no power in it. I saw her match against Juliane who lost because of too many unforced errors, not because WSX played better. I can only say Wang SX has regain her form, but no improvement in her skills, certainly hasn't acquired an attacking shot which she really needed to to make her a more complete, all-rounded player.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Though it seems JYJ is the weakest of the top 4 CHN women singles, she can be counted on to beat most of the non-Chinese players most of the time. It doesn't do her justice not to win at least a few major titles.

That also goes to show China has such depth and breadth in talent that only the very best stands a chance to win the major titles. For anyone to win a major title where all the top Chinese players are represented, you will have to overcome them one by one along the way to the final.

11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Cai/Fu had proved themselves in 2011 World Championships (repeatedly), one should have no doubt upon their ability!
    However, with the MD discipline is so competitive filled up with several topmost pairs closed to each other in terms of ability, a continuous victory of any particular pair is really a tough job if not nearly impossible!! :D

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I kind of felt CY was injured on his right thigh.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

JYJ, after losing the 1st set and trailing the 2nd, knew it's going to be an uphill task turning the match around, so better play safe, don't risk any real injury, and conserve her energy for the next big tournament just a few days away.

In fact, I've heard a number of the players have already flown there for the Japan Open, to get acclimatised.

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    GC saw JYJ in the stands with the coach and asked why wasn't she in the treatment room.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be frank, sceptical though I am, seeing how JYJ plays against Wang SX, I can see she very much wants to win this one as most of the major titles have eluded her and she has much home support from the crowd - she is borne in Guandong province.

16. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Did you not realise that "these group of people [Hint hint! Look at their locations]" are just nitpicking on the minor negative things that follow the career of the CHN players no matter how good the players are ;)

Like what the Angry Video Game Nerd once jokingly said, these people are really just sh*t-picking, so just let them be with their non-productive activities :D

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, Jo (Gillian) Clark is one of the best badminton commentators, and sometimes with Morten Frost joining in, it can't get better than that. With Jo Clark so knowledgeable about all the players and their history, coupled with her understanding of the game - she was a good badminton player herself - and the great Morten Frost commenting on the players' strengths and weaknesses, describing their style of play, and occasionally giving some unintended(but precious) coaching advice: just watching the game while listening to their commentataries is so enlightening, so profitable (badminton players should learn a lot from it) and so much more enjoyable. That's my personal experience; I trust most of you would agree with me.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ah, yes, I forgot, JYJ not entered for Japan Open, so her injury shouldn't be faked; no need to, besides, as I've said earlier, watching her play Wang SX, you're quite convinced she wanted to win it so much, esp with so much home crowd support for the Guandong lady, herself that is.

19. lucida

lucida Regular Member

Student
    Well, I think it's Jiangsu province. As a Chinese, you can believe me. And JYJ was born in the exact city, Changzhou. So she got big home support. I don't think she want to give up. She may have recalled what happend to Wang Lin, same tournament, same opponent, and same injury(knee). It may be better to protect herself.

20. lucida

lucida Regular Member

Student
    The audience in Changzhou are destined to be disappointed. The time after WC is when the Chinese team are weakest. They are tired after the World Championships. And lots of commercial activities make them even tired and a bit rusty.