2010 Super Series Finals: Day 5 (Sunday 9-Jan-2011) Finals Day

Discussion in 'Super Series Final 2010' started by chris-ccc, Jan 8, 2011.

1. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

well, it is very frustrated to lose point in this way

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, and that's badminton!... It WILL occur sometimes;)..tough luck for peter for that

3. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

i wonder whether kkk/tbh able to improve on the H2H record against boe/mogensen in year 2011. boe/mogensen has improved a lot in this tournament whilst the MAS pair still unpredictable.

4. aeksit

aeksit Regular Member

KOR lost:crying:
    but today DEN pair play so well congratz to them;)

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Indeed, the Danes played like champions today as I didn't see any sportsmanship from them and they weren't "over-celebrating" after scoring a point as they did in the past. They were so focused and composed throughout most of the match. Mogensen was so fast and intimidating at the net. I was totally impresssed. They well deserved the title and they will be a big threat to the rest in upcomng WC & OG if they continue playing like this. Bravo!

6. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    I make 100% correct haha
    For MS , PG not doing well in 1st set,a little boring. PG played better in 2nd set but its not enough to beat dato LCW.. PG frustrated as LCW got point from lucky defense shot.. More interesting match in 2nd set
    Md: the danes played so good, Boe was dominating LYD in front net, while Mogensen smashing angle was amazing(he didnt do many hard smash,just trying to hit a good angle).. The danes flick serve also cause the korean losing many points
    LYD got many service fault call in this tourney,he received 2 calls today(after that he play so bad and no more flick serve from LYD)..JJS smash and drop shoot was like always,AMAZING!! It costing danes a lot trouble before danes changed gameplay with not many lifting the ball.. Interesting first set and a little boring second set as danes dominating the game and LYD got mental jinx since service fault call

WD:ya, YY/WXL is still better than ZYL/CS, wxl smash is the best among these 4

WS: 3 consecutive final for Bae in this stadium and 3cons. runner up ;);) WSX cross court drop shot was amazing(many points from this shot)

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

MB/CM aren't too consistent too.

8. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Well... totally surprised at the MD result! Sounds like a must see match. I was under the impression that Boe/Mogensen weren't quite at their best for some reason... It's so great that there is no clear number one in MD. It's the most competitive of all disciplines! Congratulations to MB/CM, I hope they can keep up the good form throughout the year.

Was expecting LCW to win, but thought it would be hard fought... Well, anything can happen.

#88 phaarix, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Gade just recovered from a back injury. Not to discredit LCW from playing well in this tournament, but I think Gade was careful to not over exerting himself after that injury. No one wanna risk it when Olympic qualification period is just months away.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

The way I see Gade played, he tried his best man, especially in the second game he made several diving saves, there was one where he managed to keep LCW from smashing the final shot so many times by going to the floor and scrambling and LCW finally got a netcord Gade was so frustrated until he hit his racquet against the ground! It was quite interesting to me, and Peter definitely didn't play bad, he lacked luck and maybe the power and speed that LCW has.

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Practically perfect...

12. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Maybe my previous post is a little confusing. I should have said PG was not that well prepared for the matches instead of using the word over exerting. Sorry about that.

Of course. Peter had tried his best given his current condition(which is why I mentioned no discredit to LCW's play) and will always try his best as he is a professional player. I am only saying that Peter could have played better if he was mentally and physical more prepared for this match(we know he was out of training for weeks and not as confident when he came to this tournament). LCW knows that match against Peter is never going to be easy (contrary to some Bcers' belief) as he mentioned in press/badzine a lot of times. If LCW was not fully prepared, a repeat of Korea Open 2009 final is likely to happen again. PG might not have the raw speed of LCW but technique and tactical wise PG is a very complete player. Which is why the youngters still struggle against the aging Danes. But hey, what can you do against a player who almost have the perfect technique like PG and TH if you don't have that yourself?

#92 lcleing, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  13. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    CHN players so tall, i think only YuYang under 180cm
    WYH look small on court,but when i take pic stand beside her, OMG she was so tall
    wondering do CHN team count height to their national team selection

14. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    i love the way gade played,he still played like a youngster
    PG didnt look like worrying his back injury, he played all out on the second set,diving here and there to save the cock,he went mad when LCW hit the net and get point
    the crowd there also love PG

15. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Analysis !!!

After watching yesterday and today's men singles semifinal and final, I find it very strange especially the match between Chen Long and Peter Gade and after that LCW and Peter Gade.I mean at the China Masters, Chen Long beat Bao Chun Lai and later lost in the final to Lin Dan in 3 sets lasting 1 hour 10 mins.Then at the China Open last month, Chen Long beat Chen Jin in semifinal and later Bao Chun Lai in final.Looking at the way the matches lasted which were about 1 hour at least, I would have to say after Lin Dan, Chen Long is on par with Chen Jin and Bao Chun Lai now.So for Peter to beat Chen Long in straight games,that proves that Peter is in good form for this Super Series.I agree at the Copenhagen Masters he might not be at his best but to beat Chen Long in straight games is no easy feat.After LCW won in 2 sets vs PG, this proves that LCW is slowly but surely catching up with Lin Dan mentally and physically.Lin Dan is one of a kind but LCW is very close.I base my judgement on the most recent tournament at the Asian Games where I think LCW lost the 3rd set because he ran out of steam due to a lack of intensive training before the tournament.He had to go through light training instead of the heavy training he normally goes through because of his back and ankle injuries.So I think we will see LCW probably at his prime this year.Today PG played well but it just wasn't enough against a fast maturing and improving LCW as well.I notice LCW is slowly but surely learning how to prepare for matches mentally and physically which did not exist in the past.His mental strength is slowly catching up with Lin Dan.:eek:

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The crowd there also love Peter Gade

Out of the current 4 Heavenly Kings in Badminton, LCW, LD, TH and PG, I consider LCW and PG the best players in terms of entertaining spectators at tournaments.

I believe it is because they enjoy playing for the crowd. They have the 'never-giving-up' attitude. And we Badminton fans just love them (whether they win or lose).

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Why?

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation MB/Morgensen......the real WR 1 as they beat LYD/JJS, MK/HS and CY/FHF in one tournament.

What an achievement !

Better than KKK/TBH when they were tagged as WR 1 still cant beat the top three pairs............

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Relax, J. Now KKK/TBH is no longer the WR1. In order to earn back the ranking, they need to prove their worth from now

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, thumbs up to PG fighting spirit despite lost first game with single digit. LCW is unbeatable in SS Finals, hat-trick achievement since 2008. Others are new winner, congratulations!