2010 Japan Open SS Day 6 Finals (26 September 2010)

Discussion in 'Bitburger / China Masters / Japan Open 2010' started by ctjcad, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..actually, based on IBF/BWF database, their head to head record in international competition goes in favor to JYJ, 3-2.
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/headtohead.aspx?id=209B123F-AA87-41A2-BC3E-CB57133E64CC
    Jiang Yanjiao even beat WX prior to the WC during the Chinese Badminton Super League; if not mistaken, JYJ had the best record of all the WS players who played in that CBSL.
    So, OTB's view in his post above, of the competition between CHN WS, is right on.

#561 ctjcad, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    I erred in the WX v JYJ match statistics. Thanks for the correction.
    However, WX as world number 1 will be pressurized to win and this can be very telling for a young player.
    My hope is that she does not get burnt out like ZL and maybe WYH.

3. il megafono

il megafono Regular Member

for real, i saw the match and i thought lee chong wei's win didn't impress me much. if anything, it

was lin dan who didn't give his full effort. when he had his opportunity to smash and attack

he didn't do so. i will even go further to say, lin dan most likely gave lee chong wei a chance to win

in this match. that back injury he suffered during the world championship and quick healing

even baffles me.

4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    The only players that LD gives 'bonus' to are his fellow Chinese players where matches could be fixed to improve rankings or improve qualifications for participation in say, the Olympics.
    LD and the Chinese badminton controlling body are too 'nationalistic' to want to lose to anyone, especially if their mens' singles player is top-ranked or near top-ranked.
    Don't over-simplify, lah!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: