2010 Dutch GP XD/Q List Vers 1

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2010' started by press100, Sep 29, 2010.

1. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    The list is available now.:)

Attached Files:

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

From: http://www.bwfbadminton.org/tournamentcalendar_event.aspx?id=9964&calendarid=103

We were promised koreans, japanese and indonesian players this year :rolleyes:. Good thing I didn't buy a ticket yet :D. Looks like I'll go on holiday instead again. Ahsan/Septano and Ahmad/Natsir in particular would be a big boost to the field and Flandy. Now it looks even weaker than the Czech Open :eek:. Players in qualifying there are in the main already ...

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

i just realized the Dutch Open has been downgraded to a GP level from last yr, back to $50k prize money...i wonder if it plays any part of those players not coming??..

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Nah, Asian Games is the "problem"/cause. Japan has entered and should instead be skipping the French Open which is what the early reports mentioned about Korea as well but looks like Korea will not come to any of this series of tournaments. So the choice was Dutch/Denmark instead of Denmark/France in preparation of the AG ... but let's keep an eye on Tago & Yamada and other missing JPN Denmark entries for the French M&Q.

#4 demolidor, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hey, at least Reiko Shiota is coming (saw her name in the XD event) plus quite a bit of JPN players (incl. Misaki Matsumoto); and a few INA players (incl. Vita Marissa)..;)..i also saw Zhu Lin's name in the WS event..
    if the U.S. Open could garner those players, for a GP level tourney, it would be pretty darn good..:cool:

#5 ctjcad, Sep 30, 2010
  6. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Last year's Dutch Open was actually a GP event (according to the BWF website), so there's no downgrade

7. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    There seems to be a lack of participation in the European events from the Asian players, despite the BWF clustering the Dutch, Danish and French Opens together. Also, more highly ranked players were present in the French Open than the Denmark one, despite both being Super Series events and offering the same prize money. This was also the case for the Japan Open ($200K) compared with the China Masters ($250K). It looks like the players view the host city as an important criteria for participation

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i just double-checked and yes, it's still the same as last yr's (i was looking at BC's tournament heading)..thanks for checking on that..
    - Mostly it's because of schedule, partly because of visa/entrance issue, partly also injury and for this particular yr, the upcoming AG. But, i expect, next yr, since it's an OG qualifying period, a lot of the top players will re-consider missing both the French and Denmark Open SS.
    - Actually if you compared this yr's and last yr's Dutch Open, there are more Asian players participating in this yr's edition (barring any last minute cancellation); last yr, i believe only 2 players from Asia. This yr, a lot from JPN, a few INA, Zhu Lin is also playing to name some..:cool:

#8 ctjcad, Sep 30, 2010
  9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

so many japanese participate in Denmark Open and Dutch Open, haha.. nice :D

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Here are last year's participants: http://www.toernooi.nl/sport/players.aspx?id=D21D1968-0D82-438D-92F9-16E539B19F82
    A large contingent of Indians + Wong C H of course :cool: (and Reiko was there then as well).
    Was kinda expecting JR to participate ;) To test the new partnership and all before the DK open.
    So tomboys and barbie dolls for 2K10 eh ... :D.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i overlooked the Indian contingent and that uncle WCH...anyway, (barring any last minute cancellation) this yr seems to have a bit more participants from Asia, which is pretty good for a GP level tourney..

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Japanese players occupy top-seeded position in all doubles disciplines.
    Yeah, this year edition Dutch Open GP should be more competitive than last year.

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Unfortunately, she had withdrawn (M/Q report ver.4 ; updated 05 Oct-10).

14. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I am wonder whether some of the japanese players will pull out last minute or not. Because Badminton Nippon League will begin this coming Sunday, until 26 December.