2010 Denmark Open SS : the qualifying rounds, Tuesday october 26th

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2010' started by Thom_bad, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Haha what a critic guy !! ;)
    I don't know him closely but I think when he is playing well he's a showman !!
    Unfortunately his mental is weak :s

2. bradja23

bradja23 Regular Member

Student
    He reminds me Gael Monfils. So talented, great showman. But, it's frustrating to waste such talent by always making the show.

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Let's just see whether he actually give a fight or go down easily ...

4. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Right, Bradja, I see your point..
    Let's wait a few years, he still young eh ?!

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    show time...... lol...;)

6. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    What's funny ??

7. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
  8. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

Daren Liew defeated Zhengming Wang 21-16 11-21 21-18 Impressive!

9. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

No Gavnholt brothers. One is called Gavnholt, the other is Gravholt. Not the same name, and I can assure you they are definetly not brothers :D

10. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

Camilla is a young (just turned 21) ladies singles player. Never been in the national team and sorry to say so, she never will be. She obviously talented, but nothing special and has limited technical skills. But she's a good runner with a good attitude, always gives her best and fights for every point.
    She also made it to the main draw last year: http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/player.aspx?id=DC4CD6A1-2500-4DC4-876C-1E2062DA09FD&player=138

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

That's a bit of a shocker! A pointless win if Daren Liew can't capitalize on the momentum

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I fully expect Viktor to rumble past Mathieu. Mathieu is nice to watch but has trouble closing matches. Viktor on the other hand appears o have the killer instinct.

13. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Man, Peter just mentioned that he is having back injury in his facebook fansite. He complained about his back during a training session yesterday and not sure if he could play on Wednesday. The chance of having TH vs PG in the final is getting slimmer. Sigh...

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Watched the game.. Pretty embarrassing for both the organizers and the MAS player IMOP. Darren resorted to very unsportmanship behavior imop to get the win.. calling for doctor, delaying the game multiple times (and then playing botherfree inbetween the breaks) at the end of the rubber game.. Calling for doctor and obviously delaying with toweling etc. when you are tired (and wants to break the rythm of the opponent) is really disgusting imop.

I was actually a great fan of Darren and rooted for him after the first superb game.. But the ending of the 3rd game left me with thoughts that the rules about of continuas play are really just "optional" for anyone who wants to circumvent the rules, if any player just can get som rest by calling for doctor (multiple times at that) whenever the opponent starts to get momentum or recover..then play unhindered, and after a long rally call the doctor again to recover, sin't really what the 3rd game should be about imop I guess I do not blame Darren, it is kind of logical to try to get a rest if exhausted, tired, but the officals allowing for so many breaks at 17-16,18-18 etc. is bad for the sport imop. Bad sportmanship but very understandable imop.

Maybe the right way is just to allow anyone to take a breather anytime during the game in general.. Thet would at least be fair for players trying to "bend the rules" as well as pleyrs trying to abide to the "intent" of the rules..

/Twobeer

#54 twobeer, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Viktor had no problem with Lo Ying Ping early this year when they met in Swedish International, and Viktor has probably improved since then.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..that match could've gone either way, imo. Liew Daren has shown some flashes of brilliance in the past, beating players who are more experienced than him. Unfortunately he hasn't shown much consistency in his career.
    ..i feel this also could be a 50-50 match, which Viktor could definitely capitalize on. On skills alone, from what i've seen from both players in live matches, i'd rate Viktor a bit better. But Viktor has to show a bit more patience and just be a bit more consistent.

*Thanks for sharing your input, twobeer. I just think if there's no specific rules which prohibit players from taking as much breaks or even calling doctors several times, then more power to players who want to take advantage of it (good sportsmanship or not).

#56 ctjcad, Oct 26, 2010
  17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Agreed, but I think the officiators are not doing their job if they allow this behavior, if there is no obivous big medical need to interuppt the game!! I think many umpires are way to leniant about taking a break.. The breaks are supposed to be at 11 and 21. If these rules are randomly or only partially enforced, I think the rules should be changed to allow longer breaks in general, or more stringent, harsh enforcements from umpires.

I guess this is like soccer-players doing movie-star dives in the penalty-area on the soccer field to get a penalty-kick, without anyone touching them, I don't like that either :D

I am not sure if it should be Ok to call for doctor multiple times at all??! I don't really see the point of that, Either you are injured or not.. especially if ther is just a few points left in the game!!.. I would think the doctor should make a decision if it is ok to continue or not, and if it is ok the player has the option to continue play or just forfeit. Anyway thats how i see it..

Cheers,
    T

#57 twobeer, Oct 26, 2010
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- We could interpret the injury timeout/break as we like (being not really an injury), but we just don't know the severity of it.
    - For the 2nd part, as long as the players don't overdo it or say, request a doctor 5-6 times or more in a very short span, imo, it's still fine.
    - When you mentioned "several times", how many times exactly (if you remember)?..

#58 ctjcad, Oct 26, 2010
  19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I guess it's about the mind games here... Frankly, I'm surprised that Liew Daren won and he seems to have a few problems with stamina hence calling for so many breaks and delaying. However, also surprised that he managed to play a few mind games, something that was totally missing in the INA Open GPG SF. Good luck.

20. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

in my opinion, liew daren is playing with psychology during the tense moment, the match could go either way, but the short break indeed helps him to recover & finish off the game. anyway, i would like to c whether he is able to beat dicky today