2009 Mini Olympics - Malaysia

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by cheeyf, Jul 28, 2009.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

KKK/TBH cant even win over CCE/CCM............how to play in WC...........

Dont know what they thinking,.....what they did in this long period of WC preparation time..........???

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I don't see HH's name in the WC list but to beat WCH here when the latter should be well-prepared for the WC speaks well of HH. (Maybe his new coach Hendrawan has given HH new hope.) Even Lee Tsuen Seng will appear in the forthcoming WC and if HH should defeat LCW today, then we can say bye-bye to LCW at the WC. Surely X Ball will not want this to happen. :rolleyes:

KKK and TBH have also disappointed and this just won't do for a pair which is second seed for the WC. And this goes the same for the 8th seed Fuzzy pair! :eek: At least the uncles, who are twelve seed for the WC, showed that they are serious and they must again demonstrate this quality by winning the final today. ;)

And the WC is barely a week from now! It doesn't spell too good for MAS. :(

3. SHLAU

SHLAU Regular Member

I read today's online newspaper "star" which said "MH showed more urgency in his game to defeat WCH". Funny, why not use the word "improvement" rather than "more urgency"?:rolleyes:

4. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

That's easy, most of the time Habis play like **** because he is just too lazy to move and to reach the shuttle early.

Beating WCH is no big deal. Saw his match last week against Boonsak and I must say his gameplay is unimpressive. Movement even is slower now, clear is too low that give Boonsak many half court smash, was totally beaten at the net in game 1.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

That's why i feel sorry for Mas, represented by too many 'uncles' and retirees in WC........not a single back up manage to be in the WC team yet...still depending on those uncle......sigh :(

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Sadly, I have to agree with Uncle Loh...........:(

7. SHLAU

SHLAU Regular Member

Absolutely agreed! No matter what we said about Mr YoYo. He is still the number 2 single for Malaysia. It is just pathetic.:(

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Nod..nod..

...I hope BCers won't get worked up by the results from this tourney...;)

Heck, while we're at it, maybe they should hold a 2009 Mini World Championships-Malaysia, as a prelude to the upcoming WC..:cool:

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ehem, the big shots wanted to have a mini OG, it benefits the other sports, but not sports like baddy or track cycling. The schedule had been changed for from June to July the sake of badminton, so, like it or not, the players have to participate.

10. eaglehelang

Uncle, if you havent noticed, KKK played XD semi at 3 pm then MD semi at 4 pm, lost both. Except for the 2 MD uncle pairs(who only played 1 dept while others played 2) and WPT/CEH, the rest of WC bound pairs didnt go very far. It could be they didnt go all out, since they have to go WC next week (like Rexy said in the press).

Hafiz did not qualify for WC, he was out of top 24.

#30 eaglehelang, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  11. eaglehelang

Results
    MS : LCW won, beating Hafiz in 2 sets - shows again there's still big gap between LCW & other Msia MS
    WS : WMC won, beating Lydia Cheah in 2 sets
    MD : CCM/CCE won, beating CTF/LWW in 3 sets
    WD : WPT/CEH won, beating CSC/WKW in 2 sets, also shows big gap between them & the young WD
    XD : Fairuz/WPT won, beating CPS/GLY in 2 sets, a non WC bound pair won, haha

#31 eaglehelang, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm glad that LCW won and he set a good example to all those going to the WC but who failed to win the finals at this meet.

Of course HH did not qualify for the WC but what he displayed here has put to shame those who qualified but did not perform to expectation. Hope it is a wake up call for all of them. The WC at Hyderabad must be lots more competitive and if they continue to show such lack luster display, they will be out sooner than expected.

I think KKK will also compete in both MD and XD at the WC and I wonder whether he has the stamina and focus to do well at both since he and his partner did rather poorly here.

We have heard enough of lame excuses but there is still a chance to prove us wrong - at the forthcoming WC. :D

13. eaglehelang

THere's also WPT/CEH with WPt playing XD & WD, winning both. And WMC.
    I wouldnt lose sleep over KKK/TBH's lost, or FUzzy pair or the other WC bound pairs that are playing 2 dept. They win kah, lose kah, have seen it all. All have played XD & doubles internationally.

Nothing great abt Hafiz reaching finals in a local tourney in which the prize is just a medal(seriously), those he beat did better than him in International stage, that's what counts.

Uncle, I thought you're Spore fan mah, why suddenly so concerned abt Msia players? ;)

PS : Remember the big hu ha when LCW lost to Roslin Hashim in TC stimulation in 2008? Then LCW beat LD in the tie vs China.:D

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    oops, double posted ...

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    kkk/tbh is not peaking yet;):D

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well I just hope you're right and if the results turn out to be otherwise, there will be nothing else to blame.

I'm first a badminton fan and that's why I've been in this forum for such a long time! :D

If a Singaporean player is in competition, of course I will support him or her.

The word is not 'concern' here but 'interest' as badminton fans should be interested. I would have been concerned if players under my charge are not doing well without a good reason. ;)

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its ok for KKK and the Uncles to lose now. Anyway its like a warmup and practice sessions for them. Im not that concern anyway with their performance this time.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    while others concerned about the wc player
    i more happy that sonia get number 3:p

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    This mini olympics - mission accomplished i guess. Getting Malaysia fans worried about how Malaysia will fare in the upcoming WC.
    KKK/TBH - really a heart attack la them both.

20. eaglehelang

Uncle, at this stage, nothing short of the stadium roof falling or bombings will surprise me anymore.;)

What I mean is : KKK/TBH has lost early rounds unexpectedly, lost to stratch pairs lah, then beat top pairs, etc,etc. Uncles CTF/LWW also lost in Thailand Open finals to CPS/LKW, just a week bf this mini OG, biasalah they all
    Yes, yes, Rexy slightly concerned abt KKK/TBH but not happy with Fuzzy pair who lost in QF (and we've heard all this bf, all the hu ha)