2009 Japan Open: Wednesday September 23 (Round 1)

Discussion in 'China Masters / Japan Open 2009' started by chris-ccc, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    At the end is you..BIG loser....:D:D....Okay,,I will call you Mr.Right...always right....you do not know how to make your wholw point in this thread....thats a loser..;)..enjoy!!

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    relax
    in the previous year
    bc is more more firework than this:p
    anyway,i hope mod will do something now:cool:

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This thread has become very hostile and I am confused who is against who. Could someone summarise the two sides. It was badadum vs cooler, then badadum vs 2 cents, then ctcad vs 2 cents and then huangkwokhau vs 2 cents with some other members supporting on the sidelines. I am not trying to create rivalry parties here. I know they may be on the same sides on other issues. It's that I just got lost after reading so much !!:confused:

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just sit back and relax:)
    enjoy japan open;)
    sooner or later
    it either been deleted or locked;)

5. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

It is getting personal and ugly! Let's call it quit and let this
    thread die down.....

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..i hope you're not the next contestant..:p;)

Well, this happens when there are a bit of misunderstanding or if things don't get explained properly; of course, when emotion gets in the mix, the debate could flare up even more..

For me, i got lost when badadum & 2cents debated; i certainly couldn't follow up on the real disagreement(s) (maybe cos of my slow brain cells)..:p

My whole point was, 2cents' point is clear. I understand & i've no problem or beef with it. But rather than throwing it into a general direction, he should've directed his point to those members who he thought should not hinder Ajaib & tommy_bun from cheering non-INA players (yes, ytyang mentioned them). I think that's where badadum got a bit confused & the misunderstanding started.
    On my part, i should've thought twice abt posting earlier...:p

fyi, badadum & cooler have debated before in other scenarios/threads.:p

#346 ctjcad, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    No, I won't be signing up for this contest. I do not have the arsenal nor the ammunition to do battle. Race is a very sensitive issue. I will just take Limsy's advice to just sit back and relax. And thanks for your explanation

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wise enough
    haha
    there are some enjoyable debate
    and some are not
    the class of opponent is different:cool:

9. badadum

badadum Regular Member

You call this fireworks??? Ugly?? This is nothing compared to the more "heated" discussion of the past. :p

Let's be clear on a couple of things though. I completely agree that anyone should have the freedom to support whoever they might choose (hence my reply to suetyan's in post 277). My objection starts whenever those very same person start ridicules and insult other players. Once that happen, don't expect the other side won't retaliate.
    As stated before, I'm glad to say that Ajaib (and tommy_bun, suetyan,etc) doesn't display that kind of behavior. At this point (I think) my position and 2cents's are pretty similar.

The point of contention between me and 2cents (at least from my point of view) lies on the statement that "Race or ethnic groups are more important than nationality" and the use of Henman vs Chang as an example...in which I have thrown several examples disputing it. Rather than having to regurgitate the whole thingamajing again, suffice to say I disagree with his position.

Now...back to your regular JO showing :)

#349 badadum, Sep 24, 2009
  10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Well, every word has been saved on database, and displayed on this thread. I don't know anything more than anyone else who can read.

My intention at beginning was for supporting Ajaib. It's not uncommon that ethnicity comes before nationality when choose their favorite players. Based on Ajaib's personal experience, I think it's very reasonable and admirable for his support to the Chinese players.

And then some people began to attack my theory. I think it's good to make my theory even more mature. So I was pretty happy to exchange ideas and comments with them.

That's the whole story from my side. I didn't see any problem with this thread so far.

#350 2cents, Sep 24, 2009
  11. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

good to know you support Ajaib too. But...

the foundation to support Ajaib is to admit that Race or ethnic groups are more important than nationality" . Because other people accused him not support his own country.

so, then, what's your logic to support Ajaib?

Sorry I didn't read your post before, I usually don't read many posts here. Your name seems new to me, probably so does my name to you.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

like me against limsy's fav member, pemuda of the past?:D

13. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Freedom of speech, with an extra badadum's flavor. I'll respect your position as long as you don't demean other. Once that happen, all gloves are off.

I disagree with your position since one can also easily support their fellow countryman against someone from their own race (as with the various examples I already stated).

Here's another argument to your statement. If race is truly >>> than nationality, then Indonesian Chinese or Malay-Chinese would support china's player whenever they play against TH, SDK, HH, etc..... Well, we've plenty of living samples of the exact opposites here in BC alone.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    yes
    i still miss those days:p

cheh
    ur fave not mine
    ur BEST FRIEND in bc:cool:

15. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Ah...so hot here...:D:D
    [​IMG]

Alhamdulillah, my English isn't good so I can't join this debate...hehe...

Peace for everyone!
    [​IMG]

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

how did you know the race and ethnicity of the people on this forum? Misunderstanding came from self assumption. although there is peroperty called "location" in the personal profile. I did see there's a strong correlation between the person's location and his opinion on this forum. That's the exact reason I cherish the opinions of Ajaib and Tommy. They were the very few can break that barrier.

17. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I just randomly took a glance at the posts. The strong correlation between person's location and his opinion only holds for the people from Malaysia and Indonesia.

I saw many people from Europe and American (their locations) also diehard Malaysian fans or Indonesian fans. why? I think the race and ethnicity play some roles here.

By the way, Malaysia top aces, both men and ladies, singles and doubles, are all ethnic Chinese. Therefore, when a Chinese decendant with Malaysia passport support Malaysia ethnic chinese players, we can not draw any conclusion simply.

18. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I might owed everyone an apology

Opps, didn't expect this to turned out to be a multiple sides debate(I myself got lost in between the arguments and have no idea who is against who right now). I admit that I am the one who started all this mess and I am sorry for getting some of the innocent BCers involved in this.

Meanwhile, I think is better to lock this thread as those who were involved in the debate has lost their composure and every single disagreement towards their points(even though those disagreements have been nicely put across) has been taken as personal attacks and hence resorting to being extremely hostile (respond with another personal attack) when comes to defending their case.

My apology.

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

fortunately, this is your first post I read, therefore, you cannot take credit for creating this long thread. ;) Your apology cannot be delivered, no one can take it because no one got hurt.

I'm pretty happy to see people's attacking toward me. That's the all purpose of a forum: exchanging words in public, instead of private messaging.

This thread is growing very healthy, and no need to be closed or removed.

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Wow..so it is healthy to call people LOSER...?..you are just one of bias one but calling other people bias.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.