2009 Japan Open SS: Saturday, September 26th (SF)

Discussion in 'China Masters / Japan Open 2009' started by kuwichert, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
    Too bad Tony/Howard lost. I want to see them in final against MK/HS.
    Btw, have TG/HB ever met MK/HS? If so, what's their head to head? Anyone knows? Thx.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Greysia Polii got injured....especially on 2nd set, sge fell and dived 3 times...she was supposed to retire at the beginning at the 3rd set...but she forced herself to play and she became the target/weakest link...at the end she could not move and retired....medical team had to wheelcaired her out from the court...she got her knee injured and will take few weeks rest...too bad ..it was a nice game...

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I did not know that Wang Yi Han befriends with Kim Moon Hee and Jang So Young..Koreans congratulkated her after beating Hirose...WYH did chat in some korean and English...and hugged each other...I heard that WYH is a fan of Korean drama TV show..

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Tony said that he waqs so tired as Rian/Yoke did play fast pace..to make it worse..Howard was abit nervous in 3rd set...short service or too high and Yoke's net play is amazing also..there wre few entertaining shots between them....the crowd lovd especially on 1 st set...

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I am not sure if MH/HS has ever met Tony/Howard this year or last year...

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

i don't think they've met before. IIRC, Tony & Howie were partners up til end of 2005. Then Tony & Candra partnered each other for abt 3 yrs (from 2006-2008) while Howie went back to partnering with Bob M. (for OG).
    Markis & Hendra started their rise in 2006.
    ..not to put him on the spot, but i noticed Howie made quite a few errors & became the weak link. I recall he made 2 or 3 service errors in the 2nd game. And a few other errors, mostly at the forecourt.
    I think Rian & Yoke made a good adjustment in the 2nd game, esp. by putting Tony @ the back and Howie @ the front more. By covering the rear, Tony probably exhausted himself a bit more.
    Rian & Yoke's game is okay, nothing spectacular. I think they just need to be a bit more consistent.

7. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

watching the Hirose and Wang's semi final match...what happened to Hirose was so unfortunate...she played really well against WYH...only if...