2009 Indonesia Open - 21 June - Day 6 (Finals)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by chris-ccc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. TranslatorGuy

TranslatorGuy Regular Member

Video for the MD final match? Sounds super uber interesting!

2. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks also to you. I really enjoyed your "live" casting. :)

3. gadjyah

gadjyah Regular Member

Student
    Wow,
    congrats to malaysian players for gaining 2 titles inspite of nonstop boos towards you...
    Good Effort!
    that's how we play badminton,
    just focus on our game and ignore unimportant things...

(i once got booed and yelled "fat" when i was playing local tournament back then in junior high school...still managed to win!)

but still sad that indonesia had none....

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, same result with 2007 edition. Last year home shuttlers bagged 2 titles when most of top-players skipped INA SS due to OG preparation.

5. litobear

litobear Regular Member

Student
    then i want satay kajang :rolleyes:

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes,hope this will happen continously:D

thanks
    no need to be sad,china have 4 in final and only won 1
    ina have 1 in and only lost one,mean u just fail once,not 3 times:)
    hehe

haha,can,come visit me when u free:D,i belanja u

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this tournament should be a wake up call for China. the era of Ge Fei / Gu Jun, Yang Wei / Zhang Jiewen, Gao Ling / Huang Sui, as well as Zhang Ning, Xie Xingfang, Zhou Mi, Gong Ruina, Gong Zhichao is gone.

right now, the current set of players no longer dominate like they did before. the current up and rising players are not up to par. in a few years time, when Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, Fu Haifeng, Cai Yun, Zheng Bo inevitably retires, China will be in a even strength as other countries.

it is time to train hard and look for more talents. hopefully it won't be too late.

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Isn't it a wake up call for Indonesia too?!? :D Ooh, maybe our wake up call was the 2004 Thomas Cup loss in Jakarta... and the 2007 no-title fiasco in INA Open... uuuh, now the 2009 no-title fiasco in INA Open (for the 2nd time in history)... I think the alarm bell keeps ringing but we just pushed it aside and kept on sleeping several more times... :p

We keep using Taufik, Sony, Simon, Maria, Firda, Kido-Hendra, Lily-Nova, and Vita... :p But seriously... I think PBSI really tried to find new talents. They are just not easy to find nowadays...

#688 Krisna, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Great offer, everyone will come and serbu la then. Make sure money cukup la.:D

10. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Don't despair. Malaysia also no different. After LCW, all we have are nuts but you should also realize it is not an easy problem to solve.

If you ask me, Denmark more worse. Until today still rely on 33 years old gade. last time when Paul Erik retired, rasmussen and gade was already establish world class player.

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes, we agree... Actually, among all of us, China is still the best at preparing their younger players [in Singles]...

In WS, I don't think it will be easy for anyone to compete against Wang Lin and Wang Yihan for the next 4-5 years... Saina Nehwal is one contender, but she might be the only strong contender from the rest of the world for that age category... Denmark has nobody in that age range. Maybe Thailand can work on 14-year-old Inthanon to a certain extent, but I'm not that sure yet. Many things can happen between now and her peak years...

In MS, Chen Long is going to be better than Chen Jin, Chen Yu etc. Denmark has nobody, absolutely nobody in the horizon as far as the international observers can see. MAS, not sure... Tan Chun Seang?!? Indonesia...errr.... no proven big winners yet, Korea... no, no one yet... The other countries, no.

12. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Not only MS. WD got nothing, WS...... Lydia Cheah can make very sweet shots but her game totally no passion ( successor to Habis ). Tan Chun Seang....... at his age and improvement, I think he will be just about as successful as Kwan Beng Hong

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just relax,she have the passion that u might not see before,just the problem of time,believe me.:)

well,everyone country have their own problem;)

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Calm down..

..and to echo what limsy wrote "just relax, just the problem of time,believe me.:)"
    Winning those upcoming WC titles will probably cure all worries..;)

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA wins 0 titles in the Indonesia SS 2007 and only 1 title in the Singapore SS 2007 previously. Miraclously, we won 2 titles in the World Championships 2007. It's highly unlikely that the feat will be repeated again this year, given Nova's and Kido's condition.

I am more upbeat about the prospect of our upcoming MD and XD players. With better planning and more exposure, they should rise up to the occassion.

16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Well said, it looks like the standard will fall after all big names retired. Beside CL, we hardly see any promising young player in the MS field. BCL, LD, CJ, TH, BP, and Gade has already producing some good result when they were in early 20s.

Every country is in trouble now, including China,(maybe with the exception of Korea)but China still holding its ground because others are doing worse. How sad. :(

On the bright side, some other nations(Chinese Taipai, England, India, Russia and Japan) has improved alot in the recent years and let's hope that would end the dominant of the top 5 countries.

#696 Wong8Egg, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    May be it is good for sport after all.....better not to have " dominating countries like CHN, INA,KOR or MAS/DEN"....we need Rusia, Poland, India,etc to popularize the sport...hopefully some countries in africa too

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

its a CRACKING FINAL!!:)
    congrats to team mas for winning 2 titles here..;) good job..
    really enjoy the final..

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

its actually a wake up call for mas too..they need to maintain their consistentcy of winning more tournaments..;) not losing to unknown player the following week(tournament)after winning a tournament..way to go...:)

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yup, i saw that one too. It definitely crushed WL's confidence.