2009 India Open: Day 6 (Finals) Sunday March 29

Discussion in 'India Open 2009' started by chris-ccc, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

To quote from LazyBuddy's post a while ago:
    "seriously, hey, I have 7,000+ posts, and I talk a lot. I don't really need anyone to approve or dis-approve my point of view, and my intention is to talk and laugh and share, whether whatever categories I belong to, I do NOT care..."

#441 badMania, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Many have used pictures to substitute for words

Spot on Athelete1234 !!! :):):)

In a forum, it's the communication of ideas and thoughts that counts. Sometimes we don't even need words. Many have used pictures to substitute for words.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Despite limsy's shortcoming in English (we do have understand that English is not his native language). At least he is providing us with information and results on some tourneys when they are unavailable (based on his contacts with the Malaysian juniors and others).

I thought this is a badminton forum and not some English forum? Contributions on anything related to badminton (which limsy clearly had shown) are greatly appreciated.

To limsy: just to please those critics, perhaps u can cut down on your "...." (which I also use in my posts most of the times).

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, this is a badminton forum.

Yes, this is not English Language 101

But do note this forum is in English. And in any forum where English is only used, I believe some form of 'decent' English is expected.

If we put aside them emotions, all bananakid did was questioned Limsy's logic of as long as one practices, one will get better by stating that even though he posts over 8,000 times in less than 1 year, his English has not been any better than before. And no disrespect to limsy, and before anyone here go ballistic that I am teasing, I would say limsy's English can be 'improved' further.

Now, I have read what have been said and as a Malaysian, myself, I find it insulting when someone said limsy's English is equivalent to the so called standard of English in Malaysia. Are we still living in trees and walking around barefoot in Malaysia today?

I was born in a fishing village (kampung) near Besut, Terengganu. English is not the local language there. We dont even speak Bahasa Malaysia, we speak loghat ganu. As such, it was up to me to take the initiative to master the English language. I did so because I knew English was the language of commerce. I knew English was an international language. Because my command of the language is better than my village folks in general, I was able to go to RMIT and later get a job as an Engineer rather than tapping rubber in my village. Its called progress. Honestly, despite my dashing good looks and charming self, I seriously doubt I be hired by an Aussie MNC today had my English been poor.

Anyway, with that said, I also believe at the end of the day, it is up to the individual. limsy can take the positives and work towards improving his English or he can built trenches and dug in with some here. At 17/18, he got em' choices to make.

My 2sen.

Lots of love n kisses (now now, please dont go crying that I m teasing:eek:) ,

Pemuda @ Jo

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's teasing only if the teased thinks so :p

If the teased finds the teasing unfunny or insulting, the teaser needs to be told so. I'm sure it will then stop :)

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Whether BC doubles as a self-improvement forum is not the issue here.
    As mentioned earlier, the basic intention is to communicate clearly :)

If broken phrasing results in just a bewildering post, it'd be insensible to applaud the effort. If, however, it clearly conveys the intended meaning, it works well enough for me :)

I don't see that limsy has any reason to feel insulted.
    His contributions have certainly been valuable.
    I see a lot of reason for him to be encouraged to do better :)

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well said from the boss :) With this, I guess the thread has served its purpose since the India Open Final has long been concluded and the recent discussion (on stamina and Englis issue) has meandered off the original title?

Unless of course, we want to discuss more about the Indian Open Final ;)

8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

This Thread Ends Here

Your hint is well taken.
    Closed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.