2009 East Asian Games Hong Kong

Discussion in 'East Asian Games / South East Asian Games (SEA Gam' started by vorxaw, Nov 5, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    acording to lindan spokesman in bc
    lindan get constant distraction from both media and fans
    i just know that his mental not any better than lcw that need to go KOREA to avoid attention
    hehe
    so,playing some exhibition matches with some social player is taxing for lindan too;)

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    TH apologizing for not playing well..got balsted by TH haters...now LD gave excuses and he should have said that " I did not play well;;;"..Since LD said it and suddenly those LD fans agreed that he played TOO many tournaments..even some of tournaments he got EASY DRAW plus some help from teammates...

Chinese fans should learn to be mature...

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    You should remind your one of LD fans always attack LCW or TH and put LD thingy in their thread...this is nothing compare what he did..he should read them and send him PM..

4. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Were you just born?

This is the most ridiculous and stupid example I've ever seen as everyone knew it was a team order to let LJ win over ZJH. I did watch that match, ZJH didn't attack at all but he was sending the shuttle out and into the net at many occasions. Even blind could see that it was an team order.:rolleyes:

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Super Dan lost to someone outside 700 in world ranking.

[​IMG]

1. 得饶人处且饶人 (fans are to be more forgiving)? It only applicable for CHN palyers I guess. :rolleyes:
    2. Tired after a long season? Yeah, blaming LYB for letting him playing 10 tourneys compared to LCW's 16 this year. :rolleyes:
    3. Lin Dan is Serena Williams in badminton who will never give credits to the opponents. Classless Reigning Olympic and World Champions eh? :rolleyes:
    4. Super Dan just lost to someone outside 700 in world ranking ONLY ONCE. No big deal? :rolleyes: Do we see Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal losing that terribly? :rolleyes:

Lin Dan & his hard core fan, grow up please!

6. majyun

majyun Regular Member

Well, the thing is...I am not a moderator and there's nothing I could do if Malaysian Players are getting attacked.Maybe, is better to take this up to Oldhand, Kwun or Drifit?

Look at the bright side, at least I did not jump into the bandwagon with them and start attacking the Malaysian players right?
    I think there's couple of misunderstandings here. I should have made my previous posts clearer.

1. The idiom was meant for LD's fans, not to the CHN players. I think almost all of our national players have good personality. LD is more...flamboyant I would say and nothing is wrong with that.
    2. He did play a lot of tournaments this year although not as much as LCW. Him being fatigue is understandable but he forgot that other players around the world(who is active in the world circuit) are equally as tired as him if not more.
    3. LD did give credit to Choi for playing well. When I said not giving credits to his opponents, I was clearly referring to LD's hardcore fans(you know who I was talking abt, dont you.). I think your statement no. 3 isn't fair to LD.
    4. No comment. All I can say is even the genius will have his off day.

IMHO ,if you are a little more tactful in putting your thoughts across, more respect will come your way. Anyway, peace...this is not a Malaysia+Indonesia vs China thread.

#366 majyun, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Well said..I know well that many chnese players are freindly...even some make friends with others...the only problem is both side do not speak English or vice versa...like Wang YiHan is a good friend of Kim Moon hi and other Koreans....Simon with Tago..Hendra Setiawan with JJS, Boonsak with Zhangning or Kennivic...XZB with Nova...MAS WD with Zhou Yunlei/Zhang Yawen, etc...
    Greysia with LHJ/her partner.....

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It's amusing. The players seem to have little problem with each other. The fans, on the other hand, seem bent on creating them. I'm talking about fans on both sides of the fence.

The petty tit-for-tat comments and fighting to have the last word–is there a need to hurt somebody else's feelings? Is there a need to rub it in?

You know what, the last thing the players need are over zealous fans to defend them. I don't think they really care. And they're grown up enough to take care of themselves.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    who's not giving CHJ credit for winning? I've he was the fitter player on the court. He chases down every rally and whack back the shuttle every chance he could. I don't need to save LD's honor, his record speak for itself. On those rally he play like normal LD, he wins those rallies. LD lost because no desire, no speed, no stamina. It reminds me of TH's normal playing style.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You mean..

..that's a sneak preview of what's to come of LD or when his career winds down in a few yrs??..:confused:

But, guys, can you imagine if CHJ has more pace or speed around the court??
    Another thing i noticed is, I think one of the advantages/disadvantages of lefty playing against lefty is the chance for CHJ or LD to whack his forehand shot straight back to the other's backhand. I noticed that in a few occasions, CHJ would push or drive back the shuttle to LD's backhand and LD could only do so much. If LD were playing against a right-handed player, unless that player has the same backhand prowess like TH, LD would already be prepared for that player's backhand shot.

#370 ctjcad, Dec 14, 2009
  11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well, the skill difference between the 2 players is so obvious. How many rackets CHJ had to change because of mis-hit? lol CHJ avoid the net area.

Even the dryest desert get that rarest spurt of rain to give a short lived desert bloom. I'm seeing a desert bloom right here right now...:)

"In the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes." (Andy Warhol)

#371 cooler, Dec 14, 2009
  12. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Read your own post again and your pt #1 fail miserably already. I pity you for having to mock LD as hard as you can, because opportunity like this doesn't come very often.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u need to wear the man's shoe for a day to know it. Since i know u didn't caught LD's shoe at the 08 OG, u have to wait for your 15 minutes of fame. Be patience my fren, it will come to u one day:)

14. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

I suppose we are all hoping LD will get back to BWF events ASAP to
    show us that he is still the dominant force.

My understanding LD will be playing China professional league this
    week, not sure if he'll attend KO open next year... certainly wish
    he can make it.

15. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    For those intereted in Choi Ho Jin, there's an article from a Chinese reporter chatting (online ?) to Li Mao:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2009-12-14/14234744658.shtml

the folloiwng is the summary:

- CHJ is different from other players that LM hand picked,
    CHJ went through the tournaments to get into national team at the beginning of 2009. CHJ was in the Junior team in 2000.
    - CHJ's the only ranking is No 6 in Korean national team, and it's the age ranking.
    - CHJ is 24 years old and similar to Lin Dan, that he's from Army.
    - CHJ is not used to LM's teaching/langues who used a combination of Chinese/Korean/English, not until recently, LM started to teach him more and correct CHJ's techniques and chat with CHJ off the court.
    - LM's comment regarding CHJ, explosive, experienced player and still has potential.
    - CHJ is not the best in Korean team, there're about 10 players similar to his level currently.

16. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    yeah amusing haha!! this is the closest we could see badminton fans around the world arguing towards each other without drawing blood. Long live badminton, long live badminton fans, long live the stupid badminton comments:p:p:p

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

CHJ reminded me a bit like Sho Sasaki. They can be nasty if one is dozing off or mind not in the game. These players come and goes as they don't last very long. Look at the top 12 MS,

1 Chong Wei Lee (MAL) 81771.1
    2 Dan Lin (CHN) 71344.6
    3 Taufik Hidayat (INO) 65060
    4 Peter Hoeg Gade Christensen (DEN) 63455.2
    5 Jin Chen (CHN) 62260
    6 Simon Santoso (INO) 56480
    7 Soni Dwi Kuncoro (INO) 55212
    8 Chunlai Bao (CHN) 53500
    9 Sung Hwan Park (KOR) 52926.7
    10 Jan O Jorgensen (DEN) 52307.8
    11 Tien Minh Nguyen (VIE) 50310
    12 Long Chen (CHN)

None i would label it as explosive as their staple weapon. In CHJ case, that is his core strength. Once that is burnt off, he is quite empty handed. That's why i've said CHJ has a better future as doubles than MS. Of course, some tips from LM on how to counter the chinese players helped. It helped LHI in KO too. My opinion of course.

Korean+chinese+english, that would be a mouthful.
    Kimchish?:D

#377 cooler, Dec 14, 2009
  18. vorxaw

vorxaw Regular Member

Kind of a weird match, LD made too many errors, a lot were forced, but a few were bizarre, like letting a clear drop half a meter in, and just running off court, and too many trick shots, pushing out of bounds rather than easy net kill.
    LD had this hilarious shocked face every time CHJ smashed though, as if to say "what? you can't do that, is that allowed?"

19. Heong

Heong Regular Member

I only said he was better than him on THAT day because he won the match. Did i say Choi was better than Lin Dan? If i did then I apologise for my disrespect. Either way, both players did well but Lin Dan just wasn't playing at his best. Whatever it is, we must give credit to Choi for being such a great opponent. Don't you agree, Cooler?

Nor did i say he was going to rule badminton. What i'm saying is that he is unusal and 'epic' for someone whom i have never seen achieve so big. I guess you can say it inspires me.

Taufik is taufik. Everyone has their own ways of winning. It's true that in reality today, the many players are influenced by their team whether to win or lose match which is a pity. I always enjoyed watching players try their best, but some countries tell their players sometimes not to win and would deliberately lose. It's a shame, but cannot be helped. Especially when it's the same country playing against each other in finals, most notable Chen Jin against Lin Dan in AE which i thought was fixed despite the 'injury'. But many can disagree with me.

But other than that. I don't see why players would deliberately lose. They get prize money right? and playing for their country??? Perhaps the motivation to win the questionable but no one would choose to lose without a good enough reason. Even a very lazy player wouldn't want to lose if he could help it with his name, family, country and the prize money on the line. So to sum it up, Taufik does try. He's just not as arrogant or doesn't seem as motivated to win as any other player. I'm not Taufik, so I'm not 100% sure, but this is only my view point.

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Funny, after watched the match.......It reminded me the words that Pjswift used to say.....'rote train'...

LD can wins easily to any top players in the world, but just lost to a new comer from Kor, that no body know him before this........maybe Chn team dont have time to study and so call 'rote train' LD about CHJ style of play.........

I am waiting for Pjswift to share her thought.........