2009 CHINA MASTERS SUPER SERIES, Final Round, sep, 20, 2009

Discussion in 'China Masters / Japan Open 2009' started by Ajaib, Sep 19, 2009.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

18 - 24 months is possible for China.....not other country...they take years and still cant do it.....:eek:

Chn put WSX in international tourney started end of 2008 and now have won herself SS title....

I think most posible is CL in 2012, not CJ ..........;)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i too agree as well:D

BP and coaching staff definitely did their homework for the CM. For BP to take out PG and CJ, BP has a customized strategy for each of his foes. Maybe misbun and rashid should study how BP play against LD.

on the same equation, it also showed that LD accolade is well deserved. Having opponents hitting u with new arsenal but is able to dig deep in his toolbox to find new gears to fend off those new weapons, LD has lot of gears:p

#222 cooler, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree.
    It's sad to see the damage they do to each other when both LCW and LD played for 60+ minutes. LCW got hurt before the match was over and LD was all taped up for his match in the finals. Maybe they shouldn't meet often or if so, in the finals.
    It's hard to see CJ doing better than before because mentally, CJ comes across as very steady, unlike LD (before he won his first WC) and LCW ( if his bosses can be smarter). Usually, as players mature and their skills peak, any progress is seen on the mental side.(eg RS of Singapore who probably will compete better now than before) So CJ is unlikely to make progress on the mental front.
    CL is much touted. He's impressive now because of his training opportunities. The fact that CJ had to let go G2 to win in G3 over CL suggests CL knows enough of CJ's game to defeat him with his edge in stamina. I don't think CL will be another LD.
    My guess for 2012 will be a present-day KOR youngster or an old timer.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

KOR is producing world class double players since god know when consistently, but cant say the same for singles. they do have the facilities if they find a LYD equivalent in single to prepare him for london 2012. the other hope will be for INA to find someone like TH, soon. still remember the old days in the 80s when both CHN and INA (even DEN) have loads of great players gunning against each other. rather than now the best we can hope for is LD vs LCW, its just getting a bit boring and predicatable.

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Good point.
    Except that after watching a LCW vs LD match, other MS matches seem like slow motion!
    LM looks like starting to show some results with the (younger) KOR MS and WS now.Only consistency will be proof of his efforts.
    Both CHN and KOR are similar in the sense that they produce faster because they use the precision 'pressure cooker' method.
    Whereas MAS and INA seem to use the 'slow cooker' way which can cook but not always that well.
    Anyway Morten Frost is now coach of DEN youngsters so there should be hope for DEN. From what I've seen, MF is a great tactician, not common among coaches. So DEN MS may win with their edge on tactics.

Be hopeful. The future looks exciting, not just LCW and LD!

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

off topics now, talking about boring matches. the domination of the CHN women that i wouldn't pay to watch the Uber Cup even if they're playing next door!

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i won't say BP vs LD match was slow at all.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Question: what is those small boxes that chinese players were throwing to the audience after the match?