2009 Asia Junior Championships (AJC), July 12-19

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by eaglehelang, Jun 1, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no lar,only i been labeled as the one that have prejudis in this forum,others where got?;)
    hardly see u to pay attention in junior tournament by the way:)

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Because I never got chance to watch junior matches... :D

Your comments are great. Thanks.

Btw, any more comments on the MS final? Is it Iskandar played worse than team event, or THW played better, or both?

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Which is I posted that I find the counter-arguments very amusing. limsy has every rights to post his own comments, the same that I would do whenever I watch any tourneys. He mentioned his observations and he backed it up with reasons and personally I found those reasons acceptable :cool: Of course, others might disagree...but to comdemn limsy just because of his critical comments of Chen Xiaojia??

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    obviously u didnt read the mj thread:p
    iskandar didnt play his usual match,he is obviously under pressure and yet he didnt show his hunger for the title
    tian hou wei played his normal match,and he is all fired up to shut the crowd mouth
    and this shown after iskandar had a 5-1 lead
    so,u can imagine the outcome;)
    pretty much like og 2008 ms final,one sided.

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Hmm... You know what, I think Mas MSs lack in such "fighting spirit" and their style is not aggressive enough. The only exception is WCH. :cool:

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    iskandar really tried at tian 18 point 2nd set(and yes,it is really late),that is a long long rally(like one minutes?) constructed well by iskandar but ended up with an unforce error from iskandar.

unlike syawal,tee jing yi and goh/pang,iskandar game didnt really give me saw the word:fighting spirit.
    anyway,there is still time before wjc:)
    hope mas contigent will learn from that.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Given that I prefer the Doubles over the Singles (esp MD and XD), I am very glad that Angga Pratama/Yohanes Rendy Sugiarto delivered INA's FIRST AJC Boy's Doubles title yesterday!!

I am waiting for the WJC with great interest. And again, INA's chance should be the highest in BD. I am not sure how many pairs each country can have but if there are only 2 pairs, then for sure, our current AJC champion + Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan will be the representatives! If 3, then I agree with Sandy that INA should send Didit Juang/Seiko Wahyu.

They should win as many ranking pts as possible to ensure being seeded in the top 8 and hopefully no bad draws in the individual event :eek:

The WJC will be held in Alor Star, Kedah from 23 Oct-01 Nov.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    being highlighted by krisna and sandy,i always hope high on ullin/berry but ended up with disapointment,but,on otherside,if they didnt perform well still can reach quater,what if they perform well?:cool:
    dangerous pair with good coach:)

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We always have high hopes on Ulin/Berry because they have been INA's best BD pair, not counting Angga/Rendy because they are newly paired up of course :cool: Despite the disappointment of losing to the top-seed so early, that remained as their only loss during the entire WJC, having beaten a KOR pair also in R16.

But again, Sandy also mentioned that Yohanes Rendy Sugiarto has been INA's best BD player. It's just that he needs a good partner. This time, he found a good one in Angga Pratama (whose regular partner was Kevin Alexander). Remember, Rendy also partnered Ryan Agung Saputra in last year's WJC and pushed the eventual champion Mak Hee Chun/Teo Kok Siang to the limit, losing in rubber-sets 21-19, 13-21, 14-21.

Then again, it's a pity that Mak/Teo were split up immediately after WJC and now Mak Hee Chun is developing a good partnership with Tan Wee Kiong, while Teo Kok Siang is currently languishing without a good partner.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    actually,i think it is a tradition for malaysia md ajc/wjc
    only one will have good future,start from ccm,kkk,tbh and now mak hee chun
    but i hope teo kok siang can still perform in future,he is one of my fave:eek:
    i prefer mak/teo patnership more than mak/tan eventhough tan is one of my fave to,i love to see mak/teo play on court:)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..have you read badMania's post, listing those AJC or even WJC winners??..:confused:;)
    ..which "counter-arguments are very amusing"??:confused:..who "condemn limsy just because of his critical comments of Chen XJ"??..:confused:

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I was thinking..

..prior to the last few "fiery" posts, in this thread, i thought "Hey, why don't M'sia hold the Junior tourneys (AJC or WJC) and even the Youth WC every single yr. Afterall, our M'sian BCers are, arguably, the liveliest & the most enthusiastic ones of the bunch. To say the least, even a non-BWF sanctioned, regional, Junior Championship could generate more than 40+ pages of a thread.:eek: If not for them active M'sian BCers, where would we hear all of this report. Add to that they would sacrifice money, time and sweat to go and watch those tourneys and report them back to us."..

But then after these last few posts and the admission from limsy, in the recent posts, that he has lost interest & will no longer perform such adventure and endeavors in the future, then i'm afraid we have to find other volunteers to do so. And perhaps INA should hold those events..:confused:;)

Btw, thanks for the reporting effort from limsy and others who went & saw the matches. And for the pics, too, from our Labis & george@chongwei.:cool:

Btw, the gal, squatting in the middle in post #814, 1st pic, the way she smiles reminds me a bit of Zhu Lin. And the gal, on the far right, reminds me a bit of Lu Lan.
    Can suetyan identify the CHN team members, in those pics, for us??..:)
    And yes, i finally see the pic of the KOR player, Choi (in one of Labis' photos). Is that really a look of a "serious" nerd??..:confused:

#832 ctjcad, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  13. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

well over here we have some passionate Bcer who always kept update on the upcoming badminton tournament.

for eg. Badmania- is all about Indonesian Players

Suetyan- is allabout China Player

Limsy- is more for Malaysian Player

Its interesting and hopefully all of them will keep all the Bcer reader amused and inform on all development.

Keep up the good work despite criticism and differences. That.s what make it interesting.

Poor Limsy, was at the Juara Stadium all week watching AJC from the start and hope to give good update on what he thought.

Good job.

14. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah it's very interesting to hear the goings on from other countries! Especially for the juniors, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue about which up and comers to watch out for.

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

btw, i manage to took some video recordings of that final day's matches..especially ms and md:cool:
    not sure whether i need to upload it or not as the quality i can see is very bad and i think it's very worse:D:( moreover, my seating place is not near to the court too.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

We can still get limsy's reports & thoughts in private, either thru PM or msn.;)
    Korea's Choi, doesnt look so nerdy in Labis's photos, I'll check out the other photos and see.

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Many coaches in INA seem to agree with Sandy that Rendy is the best talent we have at this time... :cool: Ullin-Berry are talented and know how to win, but Rendy is considered half-a-class above them... :cool:

#838 Krisna, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    good observation,yes
    i send the photo to them;)

aiya,u didnt saw his photo in meh?in md podium?
    i thought u had see all the photo;)

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

It will be more interesting if Pemuda, Cooler, Bananakid and xBall......taking part...........:D:D