2008 Hongkong Open SS Day 7 (30 Nov 08)-Final

Discussion in 'China Open (2) / Hong Kong Open / Vietnam Open 200' started by george@chongwei, Nov 29, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hey, hey again..
    pls dont be so racist, dude:mad::mad::rolleyes:

2. george@chongwei

yes, of course we are watching the same match...
    just because they does some silly mistakes and some unnecessary and stupid error, we cant just blast them or blame them for it..no body is perfect in this world..
    in fact, at least they did gave the korea pair a fight for their money..

3. george@chongwei

that commentator was so annoying that he keep saying that lin dan must need to win the final against chen jin on order to qualify for the ss final..during the chen jin vs lin dan match
    even before the final, lin dan had already qualified for the ss final..
    abedeg for the commentator:D:cool:

4. george@chongwei

and yes, u really need to calm yourselves down and relax:cool::cool:;)
    relax la, bro..:)

5. george@chongwei

im quite disagree with this..
    even if koo/tan always lost, they too will get blast..in fact, they got blasted by 'some' ppl here too:cool:..not to say the name, i hope u know who are them..:)
    and yes, the fuzzy pair are good, thats why they get into the final by beating their own teammate in the semi final but in the final, maybe the Koreans are better than them i would say..:)
    but at least, they got the guts to go out there and fight and never say die attitude is always on their mind i can see...
    not like 'other' pairs who play agaisnt the Korean pair always lost out so easily:cool::rolleyes:

#385 george@chongwei, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  6. george@chongwei

correction: its abedeng:D;)

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Bad News: That guy has confirmed that he will be doing commentary in KK.

That guy didn't do homework before doing commentary. He was saying that he wasn't sure if LD has enough points to qualify for the SS finale as soon as LD lost CJ.

8. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    I know I´m the only one here, but i prefer That Guy over G. Clark. Gill Clark is really boring, like listening to a coach...

I like it when he says after every point "Oh my god how did he do that? This was the best i´ve ever seen in my life!"

9. george@chongwei

haiz, that guy always like to do commentary whenever there is badminton tournament in malaysia.:(:rolleyes:
    i wonder why gillian clark always never do commentaty when there's tournament in malaysia.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

George, this page so many of your posts, hehehe. Relax. I told Limsy yesterday to relax already.;)

Ok, it's going to be "that guy" commentating. Hmmm, hopefully RTM 1 will show live with Hasbullah Awang commentating, then we'll have some flowery commentary like "bulu tangkis itu mengelungsur di atas jaring....."(the shuttle glided on the net....)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiz...just....i dont want to continue this issue...yes...now i know...whoever also can make mistake...just koo/tan cannot...u can accept whoever make mistake(even more than the distance between pair/player in final score);)...hehe...i get it...:D...NEXT TIME...DONT ANGRY TAT I TEASE U...bro...with wat u say...:p...

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...just pm to dato...:p

13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I can't imagine this forum without george and limsy....

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    its ok...i not important...but...george important...;)

15. george@chongwei

dont worry, im always a take it easy guy;):cool:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    No joy for Lin, Xie at Hong Open badminton finals
    Sun Nov 30, 7:51 am ET
    HONG KONG (AFP) – It was a miserable day for China's golden badminton couple, Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang, after they each lost on Sunday in their individual finals at the Yonex-Sunrise Hong Kong Super Series.

Lin, the Beijing Olympics gold medallist and most high profile Chinese player, was beaten 21-9, 9-21, 21-17 by compatriot Chen Jin in the men's final.

He stayed court-side to watch girlfriend and Beijing silver medallist Xie Xingfang lose to Hong Kong's Wang Chen, the home favourite running out 21-16, 10-21, 21-10 winner.

Lin, well known for being feisty, dodged the press after seeing Xie beaten in front of a full house at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium.

"I'm not surprised to beat Lin," said Chen, the third seed, afterwards. "I beat him at the All England Championships earlier this year."

"I think the first game was critical and I won some critical points," he said, adding he believed he still had some way to go to regularly trouble Lin and world number one ranked Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia, who pulled out here with injury.

Lin got off to a dreadful start, surrendering the first game in meek fashion, hitting wide and out to go down 21-9.

But he was a different animal in the second game, surging ahead 7-3 with a devastating overhead smash which left Chen sprawling on the floor.

With the 25-year-old Lin now in full flight, he took the second game 21-9, finishing off with yet another smash to leave his compatriot looking dejected.

Lin prowled around the court during the two-minute interval with the look of a man who couldn't wait to get stuck into his opponent once again, so it was no surprise that he took an early 3-2 lead in the deciding game.

But Chen, 22, enjoying the crowd's support as the perceived underdog, rallied and drew level at 13-13 before pulling away to win the title.

Wang, who at age 32 had previously said this would be her last Hong Kong Open before retirement, also sprang a surprise in beating Xie in a similarly topsy-turvy encounter.

Shanghai-born Wang, unseeded here, was adamant afterwards she would not be back next year to defend her title, although she is yet to announce exactly when she will give up the game.

"I'm definitely not coming back," she said. "I feel close to retirement and each match is one step closer to retirement, so I'm enjoying the games more than before because of that."

A weary-looking Xie said she had not been properly fit since the Olympics. "I've not been training regularly since then," she said, downplaying the effect of playing in front of Wang's home crowd.

"The crowd doesn't affect me that much," she said, pointing out the Hong Kong crowd also gives hearty applause to the mainland Chinese players.

In what is the last date in the 2008 Super Series season, China's mixed doubles of Xie Zhongbo and Zhang Yawen beat South Korea's Lee Yong-Dae and Lee Hyo-Jung, 21-14, 21-16 in the first match of the day.

Later, in the women's doubles, Zhang Yawen and Zhao Tingting of China beat compatriots Cheng Shu and Zhao Yunlei 21-14, 21-13.

In the last of the day's action, the Korean men's pairing of Jung Jae-Sung and Lee Yong-Dae beat Malaysia's Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari 25-23, 19-21, 22-20.

17. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    permisson 2 cry

:):):) can i cry after the md final a very close one i was on my seat:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool:

18. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    clogged inbox

:):):) How do i solve this incoming reply thread or post 2 my clog inbox is there a feature i cna turn off pls advice thank u:eek::eek::eek::eek:

19. george@chongwei

yeah, u can cry or do whatever u want.:D
    because im just recover from heart attack yesterday after the md final match:cool:

20. george@chongwei

hiyaa, dont over praise me lar...:(:D