2007 Sudirman Cup - Day 7 - Sunday - FINALS

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by kwun, Jun 16, 2007.

1. whbwlc

whbwlc Regular Member

totally agree. CY/FHF surprise me recently. They gave up their former attacking strategy (only creating chance for FHF's hammer). Someone said it was like XD. Now they improved their defence and both of them can attack, plus they regain the confidence since SO. So at this moment, they are unrivaled.

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Ii or out of form, Li Yongbo has sticked with Lin Dan for the whole duration so he's not going to change now. Sit tight and enjoy the clash.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Don't go by feeling, Bao Chunlai just beat Taufik in his own backyard less than a month ago. Any of the big 3 from China(Lin Dan, Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai) has 50-50 chance to beat Taufik. Taufik is playing better but he's not at his best either. However, I don't see why Li Yongbo want to change his lineup unless he wanted to punish Lin Dan for lack luster performance so far.

4. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    China beat Indo : 3-0 on XD,MD and WS. however, I really appreciate Taufik (55% for victory).but....:-(

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    CHN retained the Title

No doubt that CHN will win. My prediction is 3-1.

INA can still a point from its MS or XD.

China might field BCL against TH in MS.

6. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    1% chance that aliens invade and stop the tournament, 2% that INA will win, and 2% chance that terrorists invade and kill everyone and finally 95% chance that CHN will win =p

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Why doesn't it make sense? You mean the percentage for the overall result? Or the percentage for each match?

8. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    :D:D:D THats so funny dude...:p

9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Maybe thats why Denmark keep PG and field KJ instead that day. Perhaps a little stunned by the in-form LCW? :D

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

With MS is going to play as last match, i think CHN will win with 3 : 0 over INA..anyway, i hope INA could take 1 point from XD...as Flandy/Vita will play...but CHN still will win by 3 : 1, TH and LD dont have to play in the final....dont even have to warm up....

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    My optimistic view for INA is that they win XD, MD and MS. If both XD pairs play like they did in Singapore SS, then Flandy/Vita will have a high chance. Furthermore, Flandy/Vita has only played once in this tournament, while Zheng/Gao has been involved in all CHN ties. Whether this is advantageous or not, I am not sure, but the best strategy against CHN is to throw dices. Flandy/Vita is a good throw of the dice.

Candra/Markis is an even better throw of the dice. No established pairing in the world can beat Cai/Fu at the moment. So, throw in the element of the unknown.

And finally, you never know between Taufik and Lin Dan.

INA has a very slight chance in WD and almost no chance in WS.

Prediction: CHN 3-0

12. keanny

keanny Regular Member

student
    i love being an underdog =P it's always fun lol

13. Joe P

Joe P Regular Member

Software Developer / Electronics Engineering
    Wow, talk about disappointing. Scheduling the MS match last is stupid, as we all know (realistically) that it probably won't get that far.

I sooo want Indonesia to win, and although my heart says yes, my head doesn't think they will (but they definitely can). Still, if they do lose, I hope they will go down fighting to the end. Then at least I won't feel so bad.

Good Luck Indonesia! Pantang mundur!

Joe P.

14. gary_seeker

gary_seeker Regular Member

Students
    well, I can say for the MD match, INA will won. Why ? Because China specialty is to find out other pairs style of play and weakness. When Cai/Fu play in SO and IO, they already know most of their opponent strategy. While Kid/Wijaya ? Do you think one day is enough for them to find out their style of play then find out their weakness ? Don't think that's enough. It takes 3 loss from KKK/TBH for Cai/Fu to win the next match and study their tactic. While, Kido/Wijaya ? hum Candra has a lot of experiences more than anyone on the field of MD tomorrow so he's going to be the key player. If INA do their homework and Candra can play as usual. I can predict INA win over China.

For XD, to be honest I'm really pessimistic but WD can give some hope more than XD. One match that I'll be waiting is when INA and CHN was 2-2. Then LD and TH. That's the match that everybody waiting for. Full power of those 2 players. Don't all of you guys want to watch the final match ?

15. Joe P

Joe P Regular Member

Software Developer / Electronics Engineering
    True that... Should be somewhat relieving for the players too; here's hoping! :D

Joe P.

16. keanny

keanny Regular Member

student
    i am hoping.. believing.. and praying right now! lol .. haha.. so lookin forward for the match!!

17. indra

indra Regular Member

I am perhaps the only one in the BC who is very optimistic that Ina will win over China....

The facts are:

Taufik is very confident and in good form...while LD has been "sharply" declining....Bao CL and Chen Jin, in my opinion, will not be strong enough to face the confident Taufik this time...Bao is not mentally strong under pressure in a group match like this..Fielding Chen Jin in an event like the Final Sudirman against the bad boy TH is like committing a suicide for China...

1 - 0 for Indonesia

Next....MXD...Flandy and Vita vs Zheng Bo / Gao Ling.....To be honest...The Chinese pairing is actually not too strong...In my opinion Flandy/Vita are better than Nova/Butet mentally. technically they are equal.

Flandy/Marisaa have been very consistent. In the semifinal against Korea, this Chinese pairing almost lost....Flandy/Marissa should win....

2 - 0 for Indonesia

Next is MS...Chandra/Kido vs Fu/Cai....Fu/Cai have abad habit of losing to a new pairing...Remember how they easily lost to Kido/Hendra when Kido/hendra were only new kids on the block, remember again how Fu/Cai was easily demolished by the then new rising KKK/TBH....It is a "surprise effect" that has defeated the No. 1 MD....Chandra/Kido is a very good combination to make the Chinese"knee down".

so 3 - 0 for Ina

All women sectors go to China....No doubt!

18. keanny

keanny Regular Member

student
    i am so hoping that ur analysis and prediction will come true! lol.. i cant say anything much bout such things coz i only know a little bout every single player's skills and experience lol.. but yeah, again, i always love to be an underdog.. in a way that this might actually bring a surprising performance tomorrow for the INAs.. *crossing fingers*

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Excellent performance by Candra/Markis yesterday, indeed the decision to play Candra saved Indonesia yesterday.

However, MS and MD must come into play again in order for INA to have hope to win the title.

Also, the XD pair must snatch a point for INA, Gao Ling/Zheng Bo aren't invincible. Putting Flandy/Vita might just do the trick, then again yesterday,

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    QUESTION to anyone who knows:
    Will there be any Sudirman Cup Final TV showings in INA? RCTI or CCTV in cable or something? 10pm [Jakarta time] today, right?