Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by madbad, Jun 13, 2007.
yeah. they are all sleeping by now.
FRA WD should wrap up the CAN soon. 24-22 / 19-10
So USA will play for 3/4? against scottland?
on Group 3B. IND will end 1st in the group, with Scotland 2nd, New Zealand 3rd, and Finland 4th
they will play the host country, Scotland.
USA v Scotland. Tough game for USA as Scotland has the home support
Canada will play NZ for 5/6 position
wait. correction again.
CAN <-> UKR has a two way tie. since CAN beat UKR in the group match, CAN will ranked higher.
The all important WD match still going on:
JAP 6-6 POL in 2nd game
JPN bt POL 21-17 / 21-15
JPN will top the group and face SIN for the promotion to Group 1 next Cup.
JAP win the tie over POL 3-2 on the back of their WD win. Good effort from Poland.
Group 2 playoffs:
1/2 (promotion) SIN v JAP
3/4 TPE v POL
5/6 NED v GER
7/8 (relegation) SWE v RUS
Yao Jie & Judith Meulendjiks did redeemed themselves finally taking the second and third set with the score of 17-21 23-21 21-12.
USA vs Scottland...hopefully it will be a close one.
Like to see all 5 matches played, not a quick 3-0.
Line up for USA
Don't know the line up, may be one match has chnace. Then would be 3-1.
Some Malaysian fans' excuses/grouches/reasonings for Malaysia failing to enter semifinals:
1. Not taking tournament seriously, which leads to
2. Not ambitious - sent small team
3. Not fielding best side - Anita instead of WMC; and inexperienced XD
I beg to differ:
1. Our XD are below standard in Div1 (only HKG is worse, IMO). Fielding our top XD pair (who BTW?) is almost as bad as fielding Tan/Woon. However,
2. Tan/Woon, for me, has proven to be a revelation. I believe the Sudirman Cup experience enriched them more than it would have enriched any other XD pair.
3. Small team? I think Choong/Lee should be included, but who else besides Choong/Lee can add to the strength of the team? When Anita was fielded against China, many complained about easily giving up. But if you don't want to field Anita, why send her there at all? Why send WCH?
We failed to advance due to the combination of 2 results.
1. KKK/TBH lost to Clark/Blair. KKK/TBH are supposedly our best pair, or at least a close second to Choong/Lee at the moment. We fielded KKK/TBH because we think (most of us anyway) they give us the best chance to win.
2. CEH/WPT lost to Emms/Kellogg. CEH/WPY is our undisputed best bet to win the WD point.
Now, would you say that fielding KKK/TBH and CEH/WPT in a Sudirman Cup tie constitutes a lack of ambition (not taking tournament seriously)?
In the last edition, we only just managed to gain promotion. In the current edition, yeah, I am disappointed because we could do better, but I am also delighted that we are discussing about a semifinal place and not a relegation fight. Hopefully, in the next edition, we can finally land a semifinal slot.
hcyong..Well said,i am fully agree with what you says.When Mas lost to England,i knew the chance for them to get in to semis is almost zere.So,this is the first time Mas managed to stay in division one and this is definetely a good lesson for the entire Malaysia team and the players.Hopefully Mas team will be stronger in 2009.KKK/TBH should really forgot all the past victory and start all over again.Actually they are really gifted with badminton talent and i really hope they will have more achievement in their journey.What they need to do now is think seriously what problems occurs in them and solve it together.I hope the coming WC will be more beautiful for both of them.
No, we are not gave up hope.....we are so contented after LCW Beat LD and every body can have a good night sleep ....already...and is no more important if THA beat KOR or not..........
LOL, YES LCW's win is good enough, isn't it ? Who cares if KKK-TBH lost -- we would not have won anyway coz Thailand lost to England.
LCW is the man
and he is god send
Come WC in August
He will definitely be first !
I just hope KKK/TBH won't become another Hafiz...the yoyo man
Seems like success have gotten to KKK's head and mind at the moment.
That was what everybody was saying about LCW and he showed them he could make a return. KKK-TBH are going thorugh a rough patch trying to reconcile their mistakes and errors -- like all things, it cannot be all good all the time.
Time and effort will change everything....I expect them to bounce back better than before coz if they work out why they lost, then they would have worked out how they are going to win. Look at LCW to prove my case....he got it worked out and look at how he is flying these days.