Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2006 Badminton' started by hcyong, Mar 20, 2006.
Is WCH still in XD? I thougt its KKK/WMC to compete for XD bronze medal
Good idea....hope they will think about it
oh yes, of course, haha, how silly of me. my mistake ...
Why not, top badminton players in Malaysia earn a very good living. Lee CW will get about RM80,000 + bonus on top of his basic salary if he takes the MS title, and he also has the mixed team cahs bonus in the bag as well.
Malaysian national players take a basic salary (about RM6000 I think but this may vary) + a percentile bonus which is calculated based on their current world ranking each month. So if you stay among the top 15 in the world, you are guaranteed to have a huge monthly salary. I won't be surprised if you are among the top 5, you will be raking in more than 10K a month.
So, the monetary breakdown is such as far as I know:
1. Basic pay (fixed),
2. Bonus percentile based on current world rankings,
3. Cash incentives for winning prestigious tournaments,
4. All players keep 100% of prize winnings,
5. Guaranteed RM3500 a month after retirement until death.
No wonder Lee CW looks so relaxed, all he needs to do is play the game he loves and win for the country
P.S. Business class flights for all overseas tournaments as well lol.
its kkk/wpt not wmc
4. the coach and club will take certain % of it.
That's not what I heard, but even if it is, the % is not much, player still keeps more than 80% I think. Besides, the coach gets loads of money already. Morten Frost and Park Joo Bong were reported to be having RM30000 per month or something like that
damn it, should have joined the academy at a younger age!
One can earn more by being a professional football player in Europe and dont have to be a top rated player (eg: Ronaldinho, Beckham, Zidane, Owen & etc) to do that
ppl closed to the Chinese National team told me that the coach and the Club take 40% of the price money leaving only 60% for the Player.
whether it is true or not, this remains unclear.
In terms of badminton, I dont think any other nation are paying their players like that, not even China. Malaysian players are very fortunate. Lets not compare apples with oranges
I wasn't referring to the Chinese Team lol, i was talking about Malaysian National players. As far as I know, Malaysia players get to keep all their prize winnings.
if this is the case, then we r fortunate.
i always tot that it is the same everywhere in the world.
That's becos BAM has other funding/sponsorship sources and complete support from Malaysian Govt. Funding of their Chinese/Indonesian counterparts may be different.
Actually, I sometimes feel that the players are too pampered. It was worse in the early 90s, esp. after we won Thomas Cup, the players were basically millionaires. None of them stayed as millionaires now, some having opened up businesses that failed.
Having said that, without pampering players too much, China is mass-producing world class players in many disciplines. Eg. in CG table tennis, many Chinese players turn up for different countries.
yup, no doubt.
becks is on what, £120k a week?
so, if LCW earns RM20k a month (including winnings), that'll mean he'll need to play for 3 1/2 years to make just as much.
plus, becks earns much more in advertising than his basic salary, so it's just unfair!
again, a major factor has to be the pool of people that they have to choose from. 1.2bn citizens, even if only 1% play the sport, that's 12m people, which is half malaysia's population.
that also explains y their coaches and Clubs can claim so much of money from the players.
for us is players market
for them is Coach/club market (so to say)
"if u don't want to take the job, we have plenty more to choose" is what they r practicing.
Big payday for the Msian players. All of them will sleep smiling.
This sort of pay just makes me sick, it is not as if Lee CW trains less harder. In fact, I won't be surprised if Lee is 3 times more hard working than Becks to keep up his precision-play condition :crying: .
it's all about demand. beckham is watched by billions all over the world whereas LCW by significantly less viewers...