2005 WC Day 5 (Friday)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by hcyong, Aug 19, 2005.

1. By You

By You Regular Member

OMG....:eek: ... Daoes it mean he leave playing baddy?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, saw her also..

I was there sitting with scchang and saw the gal, ChengSC play for the first time. To my surprise, it was a treat to watch her play, as eventhough "minute" as she is, she looked relax and poised for her own age. Her shots were consistent throughout, mostly consisting of straight or cross court drop-shots. Her footwork is wonderful as well, covering the court almost at ease. Add to that, she doesn't seem to tire out easily.
    XieXF better be ready, because the young Taiwanese is playing loosely, no pressure.
    Win or lose in the SF or Finals, it will definitely build up her confidence as well as add more invaluable experiences.
    Yes, she is still very young...and with more international competition exposure, she could be one gal to be on the lookout..

#802 ctjcad, Aug 20, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, he is living in U.S. and helping as a coach at OCBC. Halim will be qualified to play within a couple of months(the rule says he must stay out of international competition once leaving a national team for about 1 yr., which he left PBSI around Oct. or Nov. of last year)...Whether he will play with Tony again in international competition, I don't know. But i'm sure they are sparring as partners playing against Howard and Bob M...soon to be the new USA MD pair..

#803 ctjcad, Aug 20, 2005
  4. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

it will be night mare for chinese and malaysian... :( USA would have big gun to srecw up the world map... hehehhee,... but it will be fun... :)

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hey...are u the guy on TV (ie: the translator)? Saw the interview between Star Sports and Candra/Sigit (with another translator) after the match has ended.

Anyway, good results today except for Flandy/Eng Hian. I hope they seriously think abt retiring now and let the youngsters like Markis Kidho/Hendra Setiawan and Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi to take center-stage. The other two even younger and inexperienced pairs are the newly formed Rian Sukmawan/Rendra Wijaya and Yoga Ugikasah/Yonathan Setiawan. These two pairs should also be included in future 1* to 3* tournaments.

I guess Candra/Sigit will retire in a year or two also...perhaps after the Thomas Cup and Asian games next year. Luluk/Alven isn't a young pair also, contrary to what the newspapers in Indo always refer to them as. They are even older than CCM/KKK. Malaysians has 2 dependable youngsters in Mohd-Tazari/Lin and Tan/Ong. They might be the one to lookout for in the next 1-2 years.

I have a feeling that Taufik might also retire after next year's All England (assuming he won the WC this year). These two titles remain the only majors that he hasn't won. I also read somewhere in the newspapers abt him going all out this time because he feared he might not be around in next year's WC.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yes, that was me alright, translating for Candra and Sigit-hehehe...:p..i posted a reply in the other thread titled "Telecast?anyone..?"..
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=276005#post276005
    and as a matter of fact, i *might* be doing a couple more, in case the Indonesian players advance tomorrow to the Finals and on the Finals day..(shoulder shrugs)..

#806 ctjcad, Aug 20, 2005
  7. The Commentator

The Commentator Regular Member

My earlier predictions were 100% right on. Now here's what I have got to say.

1) LD vs PG
    Winner - based on their current performance it has to be PG. The way LD has been playing since day 2 of this tourney, he is not gonna win PG. Cheers to all PG supporters :D
    Chances - 46 : 54

2) LCW vs TH
    Winner - based on their current performance it has to be LCW. He is like an unstoppable raging of fire and TH performance has been below expectation right from the start. Cheers to all LCW supporters (I am one of them) :D
    Chances - 55 : 45

8. cant_backhand

cant_backhand Regular Member

a fan shouting and cheering

wow u azming i shoud bet $100 on each of them , they allow gambling in badminton? like beting on horse

9. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

prediction is good but hopes is better... and i hope that TH gonna win this WC

10. cant_backhand

cant_backhand Regular Member

a fan shouting and cheering
    oh come on...dont u feel sorry for peter i mean hes been out there so long ..but never won a major champship , i mean its has to be his time .
    those 3 young falls still has time to play. but peter.. its now or never
    i holp peter will win it. and fullfill his dream and destiny

11. By You

By You Regular Member

I want to enjoy a great game showed :D ....... I will be upset if TH cannot perform on his peak.

Whoever the looser, so far he/she fight on its peak performance, my hat off for him/her ...... and to the winner as well :cool:

12. The Commentator

The Commentator Regular Member

My predictions are based on factual current performance of the players and not so much of who he was before this tourney. Sometimes he is up but now he could be down and it can happen to LD and it can also happen to TH. No one stays at the top forever.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

#812 The Commentator, Aug 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005
  13. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    oh, so that was you! cool, just to make sure, u were the guy who used the term 'body' instead of 'badan' when explaining to sigit right? the reporter asked why they attacked their opponents' bodies so often

14. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    -2nd set of match between candra/sigit and jonas/lars was devastating to me, sigit --> errors all the way, i mean, how on earth did they let their opponents win it all, when their opponents were way behind and they were only 4 points away from winning?:eek: , is it just me or joas seemed to be less,,,i dont know, motivated?
    -taufik vs jonassen, i thought taufik was going to lose, i mean 3-15? yeah, right:mad: , but he won eventually, so best luck for him:D , still i have to say that kenneth was really good, nobody should ever underestimate him (hes a lil overshadowed by pg i think)
    -lcw vs bao , 2 words for lcw -->completely awesome , he was so good:eek:

GOOD LUCK INDONESIA!!!:D

#814 aiyuuw, Aug 20, 2005
  15. indo_gal

indo_gal Regular Member

student duh~
    hmm... let's keep our finger cross for alven/luluk.... wish they will win and candra/sigit too... so they will create the all-indonesians in the final.... ghee.... :D

16. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Tony Gunawan was the stablizing factor throughout the match and had great gameplay! Howard Bach was such a showman and committed many unforced errors.

17. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

My friend had the pleasure of meeting Halim this past week...from what he says...we might see a Halim/Tony reunion in next years US open...you heard it here first if it happens :)

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    that becos chandra/sigit is a badminton guru or a badminton monk, their badminton knowlege is in highest level, they can manage the game, they can lose many points easily, but the they can win the game :)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yo'i....Both Sigit and Candra actually understand and speak English, but a little bit. But in terms of *speaking* in English, seemed like they are not "too confident", esp. Sigit. Because the day earlier, when the same tv reporter asked/interviewed Candra and Sigit, they said to me, it wasn't what they wanted out of the interview(not clear or can't really understand). So last night, they asked for an interpreter instead. *Unfortunately* i was called aside and assigned the task..:p

Actually Sigit on a couple of occasions in this tournament, already wanted to just get away from the hordes of English-speaking reporters, seemed like he doesn't like to either talk with them or not comfortable speaking in English. The only one left standing and talking was Candra, even in the Media Press Room behind, so he had to speak/"forced" himself to speak... :p

20. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    ha! i see u again! providing translation for nova and butet! she didnt talk