17th Incheon AG 2014 : Day-6 (25th September) - Individual Event (R/32, R/16, QF)

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2014' started by CLELY, Sep 24, 2014.

1. liiil

liiil Regular Member

Bella did it! I love them both, but I'm just really happy for Bella because I couldn't see her crying during Uber Cup after she had lost 16-21 21-10 23-25 to Sindhu in a match lasting 1h24min...

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu was leading 14-9 in the second game just to lose the game and the match?. Unfortunate.

3. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    I feel happy for Bella, and at the same time feel sorry for Sindhu. I want to watch LXR vs Sindhu.

4. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

MAS assured a medal when MAS pair Vivian/Woon reached semifinal for first time in AG history...

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Regular Member

Student
    Looks like Sindhu isn't good enough to get past Manuputty, let alone Li. Well done, Bella!

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Funny. Have you seen sindhu beating world no. 2 shixian in world championships 2014 to get bronze. she succumbed to the pressure here it seems.when she was just 17, she was able to beat li xuerui fresh from olympics that too in china. Shall I say that li xuerui is not good enough to beat even a kid.?.

Win or losses happen.. for her age, she achieved more than any indian player did for india. So, please I request you not to make such statement without knowing statistics. She has 1-1 h2h against li xuerui. Sindhu lost to li xuerui when she was 16 years old and the next year after olympics, sindhu had beaten her.

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

the "great one" Fu/Cai bites the dust by Angga/Saputra...!!

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Angga/Rian through to last eight, def. the Olympic Champion Cai/Fu in a tight battle, 13-21 / 21-19 / 22-20.

9. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Wow, that was difficult for Cai/Fu. I saw the score in the first game and thought they would take it, but it turned out they lost... CHN really needs to find someone to play with Fu Heifeng for Rio 2016. Zhang Nan is playing quite well with Xu Chen so I think LYB will keep that pair.

10. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Though I definitely share your sentiment that Ishmael has gone too far with his comments, and a match doesn't determine ones stature, your comments about Sindhu defeating LXR are misplaced. Generally I think that players should play each other atleast 4 times for h2h to become stable. Sindhu defeated LXR in that tournament and in the very next match went down to Sun Yu. So does this mean that sun Yu is better than both LXR and Sindhu?

I think LXR should have taken a break after the olympics (like other players, none of who were playing then). She is good, but not good enough to play in a tournament without any preparation, mentally or physically (which is understandable, since she just won the biggest badminton tourney).

We should see the overall performance of players. LXR has a win loss ratio of 45 - 4 this year. She has a net positive ratio of winning against any player. I understand your sentiments about sindhu, but she is not yet in the league of LXR. That is a fact.

11. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Good day continues for Ina camp as

Greysia/Nitya finally can beat Reika/Miyuki 22-20, 21-17 !!!!!

12. alans

alans Regular Member

Greysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda [INA] beat Miyuki Maeda/Reika Kakiiwa [JPN] 22-20 21-17 | MENANGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

At least 1 bronze medal has been secured from badminton for INA camp after disastrous outcome in team event.

14. budibadibu

budibadibu Regular Member

Student
    Today has been a great day for INA camp, with 1 bronze already in the bag.. Hopefully the luck and spirit keep going for tomorrow.. Many tight matches waiting, as AngRy will face home favorite Lee/Yoo and Greynit will face Tian/Zhao...

If both beat their opponents respectively tomorrow, GOLD medal will be very possible!! Have to pray a lot tonight.. haha.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    First stay firm with statistics . Sun yu did not even come to existence at that time. Lol. Man, dont blindly talk and simply support your letting down stories. Sindhu lost to another chinese player who retired already.. Whether you disgrace her achievememts or not, nothing will change. I never ever said that she is at the same level as li xuerui. Please you need to understand that. Everybody knows, she is 4 years senior to her.I respect you that you are a die hard fan of china. That does not mean, you cant erase sindhu by simply saying that sindhu dont have capablity to beat li xuerui.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Atleast today they have filled the seats with school students. One interesting thing I noticed was there was a lot of seats which were filled by kinder garden students, who dont even know what's happening outside. They are in their own world. Anyhow, good move by filling the seats. Yeaterday, I was watching a hockey match where only 5 or 6 people were there out of 5000 to 6000 seats.

No idea why...

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

game over for CHN mens doubles...

both pairs Fu/Cai and Qiu/Liu are out of AG...

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Difficult to resist being baited. I think you fell for the trap. ;)

19. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Maybe the organizers want to inspire children by watching professional athletes playing, hopefully some of them will develop to be the next generation of Korean team :)

20. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Saina and Sindhu

Saina is the only medal contender left for India. She has a huge mental task to get past her nemesis Wang Yihan. Saina needs to first believe that she can win and then play her heart out. Sindhu was playing well and made too many silly mistakes. She seemed to lose it mentally. She now has to wait 4 years for her second chance. Sindhu plays best when she rallies and attacks. She is learning and can only get better with experience.