100ZZ vs 88D Pro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xinless, Jun 13, 2022.

Tags:
?

88D pro or 100ZZ?

1. 88D Pro

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. 100ZZ

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. xinless

xinless New Member

Hello all , some background information about myself, I’m an intermediate badminton player that is looking for a racket that can be used in both Singles/Doubles. I am currently using a Astrox 38S. I also prefer power smashing and rearcourt play in doubles, I do also enjoy netting, Can anyone give me some advice between the 100ZZ and 88D Pro? Assuming both in 4U! thank you!

2. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

I've used both in 4U and now only use the 100zz.

Speedwise, I find them quite similar. In terms of power, I would give the edge to 100zz a bit, but both are true powerhouses. One area I would say is easier to generate power in the 88D Pro is the larger head shape.

One thing that the 100zz has over the 88D Pro is the feel. The 100zz has a stiffer and solid shaft so you feel the shuttle even more, whereas to me the 88D Pro feels hollow.

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I'm used both as well. I would say 100ZZ wins in power and maneuverability. 88D pro is easier to play with since the head shape is bigger and have bigger sweet spot. both suits double and single play style. 100ZZ is better at smashing and control wise, but 88D pro is better at fast exchange and flat drives. But be warned that if you mishit with 100ZZ it will feel really awful.

4. xinless

xinless New Member

I have been doing some research , and some people say that the 100zz has better speed, any thoughts on that?

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

IMO 88D pro have better repulsion so flat drives and fast exchange is easier. 100ZZ moves faster as I said that "100ZZ wins in power and maneuverability" but doesn't mean that its a lot faster than 88D pro. I'm an all round player but prefer mid-front court if my partner is a good smasher so I'm more often in flat drive and net situation more often. While 100ZZ got better smash and better speed overall, 88D got bigger sweetspot. When you're in fast drive situation you can't reliably hit the sweet spot all the time. 88D overall gives me better performance at mid-front, while 100ZZ is also good all round, I find it harder to play with if I mishit with 100ZZ, the repulsion drop is more punishing than 88D.

6. xinless

xinless New Member

I see! thank you for your inputs! So would you say that the 88D Pro is more friendly to users with lousier techniques ?

7. xinless

xinless New Member

Sorry, one more question would be , since i’m used to the 38S, would the change in swing speed (Since the 100zz swing is faster than the 88D) affect my smashes heavily?

8. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

I use to 88dp 4u5 and I highly suggest you to buy it.
    Swing speed will differ quite a bit as 88dp is a bit more head heavy, same problem with me when I switch from 88dp to 77 fo doubles.
    But for some reason, I feel the shuttle more and get more solidity and maybe power in my 774u4 than my 88dp 4u5, not sure but it may be just my technique.
    88dp is very fast, damn powerful and good, u wont regret it.
    Better to invest in better rackets than sticking to tour or play versions