Malaysia Boleh Spirits

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Dato A, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

O.m.g. ..

..(and that doesn't stand for "Oh My Gawd", but rather "One Month Gone")..
    and Pemuda is baaackk!!..and all in red!..:p..:D..:eek:..:confused:..;)

Ms. Ipoh, thanks for bringing our Pemuda back from his honeymoon...:p[​IMG] ;)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Japan Open
    LCW, lost in the final to soni kuncoro
    kkk/tbh didn't play
    FUZZY lost in 2nd round

China Open
    LCW lost in first round
    kkk/tbh lost in 2nd round
    FUZZY lost in 2nd round

Alot of lcw fans think lcw is gonna kick ass and scoop up the titles since lindan isn't there. I said let see if lcw could handle the young chineses, hehe.

what u said above is quite right, those 'custom' is holding back Malaysia progress as a nation. I accidently learn this some 20 years ago when i was just starting out in badminton. There is this older fella (last name Teoh). He was quite good in badminton for his age and always like to give out tips and advice to other beginners like me. He also brought his son (~16) over to play and try to groom him on badminton. His son looks 'darker' than him so i was puzzled (i was a naive noob back then:D). So, some of us ask him where he's from and he said he's from malaysia. He moved to canada because he can't get good job back home ( i think he has a industrial engineering background). He told us a story which baffled me. I remembered he said he and his son went outside of malaysia to visit relatives and when he and his son return home, he was held back at the border, while his son was let into Malaysia. The airport officials don't believe him that his son is his (different color), and he has to stay at the airport for 24+ hrs so his wife, son and family members can come rescue him with testimony and more paper documents. I was naive back then and i didn't see the importance of this incident.

#562 cooler, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    welcome back....pemuda....ok....let have a party now...

4. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    To all Malaysia Boleh fan,

Selamat Hari Raya :D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not tomorow meh???...:confused:

6. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    kire okla, in advance :D

7. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    good points from Pemuda. you have the guts :D
    i am learning the patient. if i start to post like that, everyone will be screaming at me :(
    my wish, you will remain the same thinking and will reach the top post in political career. this will help a lot to fellow malaysian.

cooler, your 20 years back then experience, is still the same as now.....;)
    we are still naive noob....;). you have progressed.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh....ok...sorry...:D...selamat hari raya puasa...:D

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i hope the new generations like pemuda are demanding more from their governements. The world is not standing still.

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    yeah... Selamat Hari Raya to all those celebrating. Maaf Zahir Batin !;)

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Yeah.Ask more from the government.we got some problems with this too powerful government.Sort of absolute power government for more than 50 years.Time will tell you how they have gradually losing our trust day by day.

I do got confused with this so-called unique Malaysia.So many races,with various form of cultures and we were differentiate.Tell me how u will find unity?
    But i manage to be a friend of Peacy Tang.She is great.im happy to be her friend honestly.Just recently,i found out we were actually differentiate by government policies.

My question is,why this difference has not been a barrier long ago before these culprits came with a point Malay Supremacy is a discrimination ?

Pemuda's words were good for ears.(Damn good actually,u guys miss him a lot ha) Honestly,he gave me a wake up call - Malaysia was not as great as what i have in my mind.Malaysians should take something from this sort of views and learn something.
    The problem was not lies on the policies,but the people who implemented the policies.
    The privileges were provide to help the needy.What happen was the poor get poorer,rich get richer.That was the problem.

I will for sure will ask more from the government,it is a job of a citizen.
    But,as you mention,Malaysia is unique.the way to 'ask' will have to be unique,too.

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

funny how u see more clarity from your gov't words than pemuda.:rolleyes:

FYI, canada and USA have far far more ethnic diversity than MAL.
    At work, just in my very small group of people, i work with immigrants ( and i don't just mean mother tongue) comprising 2 Venezuelans, a nigerian, a german, egyptian, 2 iranian, 1 polish, 1 serbian, me, and 2 cauasians(one of them married to a Paraguayan). Unity isn't a problem here, country or office wise. BTW, one of my job include dealing with a native indian band.

#572 cooler, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

forgot to add 1/2 of canada's land is inhabited by Inuit, and 10% of canadian mother tongue is french speaking.

14. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    dear cooler,
    MAS is still young, looking at 51 years old independence. the govt still keeps on talking about unity whereas not practicing it. maybe i did mis-interpret, it shall be "boleh" talk only.....;)

this morning, i heard some talks about working in the government department. last time, it is a "steel bowl", easy & secure work. one will not loose job by "company's" bankruptcy. nowadays, it is a "stainless steel bowl" job. one not only cant loose a job. if one done a huge mistake, he/she will not be penalize. will not get fired. he/she will only be transfer to other department. maybe, years later, promoted?? :D

15. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    To my dear fellow Malaysia members,

I just found out last month that in Singapore we ALSO have a Singapore Record Book! My son and the whole of his schoolmates was sent to a stadium, together with many other schools, on a school day, to form a longest human chain so that it will go into the Singapore Record Book! The best was that many students, including my son, have no clue what they were doing until it was all over!

Alas! I guess this strange phenomenum of being "the best" no matter what and at all cost is affecting many people regardless of nations.

I am for one who support wholeheartedly "national pride", but such feeling has to come spontaneously and not created/inserted through external influence. This is something many nations, including Malaysia and Singapore, are striving to achieve but somehow face obstacles, albeit different ones.

My apologies to have jumped into this thread about Malaysia.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It may surprise Malaysians that the development of islam in Indonesia and Malaysia was intimately related to the great Chinese admiral Zheng He in the 15th century. Admiral Zheng He brought with him many Chinese Hui muslims to Malaysia, Java, Sumatra, and Philippines who then developed many Chinese muslim areas and built many mosques. Even today the Indonesian city of Semarang pays tribute to the great admiral with an annual day-long celebration. In Semarang Zheng He is accorded God-like status. Zheng He was a Chinese Hui muslim and many of his fleet commanders were muslims too. But Zheng He also respected other religions and that was why he was highly regarded for his diplomacy in Semarang after bringing peace to the region.

17. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i got pemuda to come back. wohhhh!!!! cool huh? :D

america is a melting pot of many europeans in the early stages of her existance. but they all came together. and built the coutry together. whereas in malaysia, aside from the natives, malays have been here long before and already have their own social system as we can see in the history of sultans and royalty. then, the arabs, the chinese and others was here too, but as merchants. nobody asked to be a citizen. then the british came. and then they bring in the chinese and the indians. and yes, the chinese and the indians also played a part in the birth of this nation. and so they were given citizenship. singapore might be so much better than malaysia in terms of economics, but there, the azan cannot be heard. and malays value that even when some have been so highly educated that religion is not so important anymore. america have one system of education. they all know the national anthem. they embrace the new country. and yet, there were still slavery for so many years, and the racist feeling continued on even today. and they might not have ISA but i do see in their history how leaders who wanted to change the country drastically being shot dead. assasinated. so really, every country have their own control system. in communist country, you get shot by the firing squad. in others, sometimes you simply disappear. i think i might have incur a lot of wrath somewhere along these lines, and thus i am sorry but this is what i feel. :D and i guess this discussion will go on forever. :) there is no end to it. let's agree to disagree then.

#577 azabaz_ipoh, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    In most countries the constitution provide some protection for the minorities against abuse by the majority. From this it makes sense that such protection can sometimes translate into special rights, like the natives in Canada and Australia, or college quotas or government contracts for the very disadvantaged.
    But when a country has administrative practices, although not put in writing in the country's constitution, that provide special rights to the majority, then something is not right. The longer this dichotomy continues the harder the fall.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A light work load day, eh??..

..and as appropriately titled, yes, even if one day our beloved BC comes crashing to a screeching halt, that spirit, the Malaysia Boleh Spirits shall live on....and on....and on...and on...;)

20. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    is ok to post here.
    every country has their own record book. my guess, to beat that before try to get into the world record book.
    did you watch the s'pore movie, "Money not Enough II" ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.