Singapore F1 Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Temasek Green, Sep 9, 2008.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Am watching live. The street looks dark. Perhaps due to the angle of the shots. Too many bends. Can't see any straight line full blast for a longer seconds. The camera flies here and there. Very confusing. ;)

2. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    My only concern is the bridge that they'll be flying over.

I hope that none of the cars will get tire failure which cause it to veer to a side or anything. But I'm pretty sure they took it into consideration.

Can't wait.

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Just came back home from the practice session. The engine noise was deafening. I took a few shots:

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      182.3 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      164.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      156.7 KB
      Views:
    #23 Sealman, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    nice panning Sealman...........:)
    try to lower the shutter speed more. more background blurry.

5. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

6. extremenanopowe

Nice picture indeed... cool ;)

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think we will see a lot of problems in the race tomorrow during the pitstops. The Entrance and exit lines to the pits are on the racing line:confused::confused:pretty bad design fault.

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Smell & Sound

How far away can one hear the noise? And did anyone smell the exhaust?

9. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    but the track looks quite dirty. anyway, it is expected to be so, as it is a street track. we knew that some of the corners will be quite bad (especially pit lane entrance) when we construct that portion of the track. hopefully it doesn't rain on race day.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, during the F1 car pass by, there is some cars up the road there..in other words, flyover..
    i wonder what will hapen if accidents happens and the cars fell down to the track:(:D

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    What is the forecast??

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Well it is either going to be an inexorable procession with drivers wary of the narrow road or an exciting smash up with safety cars and retirements.

Hopefully if it gets boring the rain will come!

And I still think it will go wrong it the pits. Heidfeld was demoted and Barrichello fined for their situation yesterday.

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    UK TV Grid interviewer just spoke to Singapore PM. He says everyone has been putting Chillies & Onions outside to stop it raining:confused::confused:

14. extremenanopowe

Well done Alonso ! ;)

That Massa drama was scary.

15. Temasek Green

Superstitious

Chili_Onion.jpg
    Well !!, actually it was just a superstitious practice by the old times folk of Nusantara or South East Asia. They do it when there's a ceremonies like wedding or others big events.Some just throwing a course salt on the ground where I witness in one wedding ceremony but the rain getting heavier.:D

Here the latest news...............,

SINGAPORE - Renault's Fernando Alonso pulled off an extraordinary win in the Singapore Grand Prix on Saturday, while McLaren's Lewis Hamilton extended his Formula One championship lead.
    Starting from 15th on the grid after a fuel pump failure in qualifying looked to have wrecked his weekend, Alonso benefited from an early safety car period that turned the race around.
    The Spaniard won his first race since last year's Italian Grand Prix and the 20th of his career. Williams' Nico Rosberg was second - his best-ever grand prix finish - while Hamilton was third.
    Hamilton extended his championship lead to seven points due to a remarkable turn of events that cost title rival Felipe Massa of Ferrari any points.
    The Brazilian led the early part of the race from the pole position, but his race was ruined when he pitted after the end of a safety car period at the start of lap 20.
    Massa pulled away from his stop prematurely, taking the fuel rig and hose with him up the pit lane, knocking over one of his mechanics - who was taken for medical treatment - and almost colliding with another car as he pulled away from the garage.
    By the time the Ferrari crew was able to sprint the length of pit lane and wrestle the rig out of the waiting car, Massa had dropped from the lead to 18th and last.
    He then incurred a drive-through penalty for an "unsafe release from a pit stop." Massa finished in 13th place.
    It was a dismal race for Ferrari, with reigning world champion Kimi Raikkonen crashing out on the 58th of 61 laps. The Italian team's pointless finish and Hamilton's third place lifted McLaren atop the constructors' standings by one point.
    Toyota's Timo Glock was fourth and Toro Rosso's Sebastian Vettel took fifth. In sixth was BMW's Nick Heidfeld, ahead of Red Bull's David Coulthard and Williams' Kazuki Nakajima.
    Rosberg led the race and BMW's Robert Kubica was fourth after the first set of stops and safety-car period. But they were subsequently penalized with stop-go penalties for pitting under safety car conditions before clearance was given. They were forced into those stops due to lack of fuel.
    Rosberg got the benefit of delaying his stop-go penalty for a few laps at the front of the field, so even after his penalty he emerged only just behind Alonso.
    Red Bull's Mark Webber was running in second place, only a second behind Alonso when his car lost seventh gear and he was forced to retire in the mid-part of the race.
    The safety car was deployed again on lap 52 after Force India's Adrian Sutil hit a barrier and blocked turn 18. That stacked the whole field together, completely negating the 23.5-second lead that Alonso had built.
    However, the Spaniard immediately sprinted away from the field upon resumption of racing and was untroubled in winning by 2.9 seconds

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It was actually not a bad race. Not a lot of overtaking but better than Valencia. The Pit lane was more of a problem than the entrance. Normally on an exit the driver leaving the pit lane is off line and is in danger for the first 3-4 corners (depending on circuit) from the driver behind......here though the driver leaving the pit is advantaged as they block the line meaning the "racing" driver has to either slow down or move off line to overtake.

My only gripe about the race was that Rosberg was not penalised sooner - By the time he was penalised he had had his clear air........had he been penalised earlier (and it was such a clear cut penalty the stewards could have penalised straight away) he may not have had clear airad may not be on the podium.

Renault played a wild card tactic and it paid off - although it was a pretty goos bet as the safety car was a high chance bet.

17. Temasek Green

Anaconda Bite Again.

Ya there's news spread on Renault tactics including the Nelson crash widely on the net news part of the tactics,but I think Alonso deserved to win + the incident that favour him & he 's simply the best in SG circuit during practice.He's the first driver to master this circuit.

F1 Massa Pitstop Accident @ Singapore he drag along the anaconda 100meter away,but the green light was on before he move.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln83r-dmY3k

JAPAN NIGHT RACE PROPOSED.
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone wants the Japanese Grand Prix to become the second night race on the calendar.
    Singapore will host the first-ever floodlit evening GP this weekend, and the event has so far received a very enthusiastic response from the F1 fraternity.
    Now Ecclestone wants the Japanese race, which will alternate between Suzuka and Fuji from next year, to follow suit.
    "We’re going to try and get Japan to do it," Bernie told BBC Radio Five Live.
    "I hope when people see this, they realise it wasn’t such a stupid idea after all."
    When asked if he expected Japan to become a night race as early as next year, Ecclestone replied: "I hope so."
    He reiterated that the main impetus behind his night racing push was not to create a new spectacle, but so that European television viewers did not have to get up in the early hours to watch the GPs.
    "It was so we’d get good TV in Europe," said Ecclestone.
    "Our biggest audience is in Europe, so that would be ideal for us.
    "It’s going to be prime time in China and in this part of the world; and in Europe it will be a sociable hour to watch rather than the middle of the night."
    The Australian, Malaysian and Chinese GPs are the other events that require European viewers to get up overnight, and there has already been a long debate with the Melbourne authorities over whether their race could make a night GP.
    The Albert Park authorities have attempted to compromise by starting the race late in the afternoon local time.
    Ecclestone said he had no particular expectations about the inaugural night race in Singapore tomorrow.
    "You can’t tell what a race is going to be like; anything can happen," he said.
    "I hope it’s a good race – at least it will be different, that’s for sure."
    http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44083

McLaren Boss Dazzled By The Singapore Night Race.
    McLaren boss Ron Dennis believes the success of the first Grand Prix to be held at night in Singapore will change the future of Formula One.
    An incident-packed race saw Renault's Fernando Alonso come out on top on Sunday while Williams' Nico Rosberg finished second and McLaren's Lewis Hamilton third.
    Despite high drama on the circuit, the race stood up well to expectations from a lighting aspect with the track brightly lit throughout.
    The weekend proved a success on the whole and Dennis believes Singapore has set the benchmark for future night races.
    "I don't think anybody does not appreciate the success of the concept of racing at night," Dennis said.
    "The only negative comment I've heard throughout the weekend from any member of our team was that the circuit is a bit bumpy, but everyone adapts to that and it is easy to rectify for next year.
    "The really impressive thing relates to the lighting. There are very few places that don't look even better at night because they are beautifully lit and it is the same of this city.
    "When you see the shots of the city and the way they have brought the whole atmosphere of Singapore into the event, it is just a phenomenal spectacle."
    Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has expressed his desire to add more night races to the calendar, with Japan a recent target, and Dennis believes Singapore's success will herald more races under floodlights across the globe.
    "Clearly it provides Formula One with a very powerful tool because we can now target anywhere in the world," he added.
    "If both Singapore and Valencia tweak the circuits with experience then this is going to set a new trend. It is a real big step in the history of Grand Prix racing.
    "It has done so well. Everything has been proven to work and we can take this model and apply it anywhere.
    "It could be used in Europe to bring us into night and we can change the viewing times.
    "It can be used now to glamourise Formula One even more."
    Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug echoed Dennis' sentiments but added that the Singapore Grand Prix could become the most difficult race of the season.
    "It is a great statement for Formula One," he said. "Normally for a new venue you sometimes are expecting something and sometimes you are a little bit disappointed, but here it is quite the other way around.
    "I was expecting great pictures, I thought that with it at night and the lighting would work like a photo studio and it is amazing.
    "They have done a particularly good job with the helicopters to integrate the city.
    "The track is challenging and I believe this will be one of the toughest if not the toughest of the calendar."
    http://www.sportinglife.com/others/...ME=others/08/09/28/AUTO_Singapore_Dennis.html

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hmm...cutiess...hehe

hmmm...lost of pit girls/babes in this grand prix too:D:D:D
    my girlfriend:):p

Attached Files:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Keep an eye..^^

..on where the next F1 race will be held, George...;)