Anti-Yonex

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by koyeng, Sep 13, 2008.

1. koyeng

koyeng Regular Member

executive
    Woo, this must be sensitive issue :D since there are zillion YY fans out there:p. But still some say that YY racket is too over rated and actually there are other brand that are as good and even beyond the famous YY Brand with even cheaper prise!! If you agree with me lets just post your quote and tell us your choice of racket

2. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate
    i used to against ppl that buying yonex expensive racket...
    but...after i bought yonex 900p ... it feels great ... hehehe

3. CHOcobo

CHOcobo Regular Member

pay off school
    paying too much for the brand. that's the only thing i hate.

4. koyeng

koyeng Regular Member

executive
    I see that master Dinkalot also not a fan of yonex:rolleyes:

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I think Yonex make great racquets. But I also like to give other brands a try so in my collection, I have yonex, carlton, victor, fischer and hart. Recently sold the fischer and hart as they are flexy racquet and I need stiffer racquets now.

I think if one is not brand conscious, you can definitely pay less for an equivalent performance to Yonex.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u r overblowing the matter. Not buying or using certain brand doesn't make one hate or against it. I don't drive a rolls royce nor do i wear D&G products, surely i'm not anti any of these products:rolleyes:

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I surely used to be an anti yonex.But after i bought at900T,then the rest "18" yonex rackets,i feel that they're worthed for the price.At least,they have a high value as a collection,n will worth higher after a while.Unlike any other rackets,they're expensive,but they are not exactly a collectible items.

For example:Old ti-10.They used to worth about 100 usd in asian countries,but now,the price worth has gone much higher than that.

#7 Smichz, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    For me it would be hard to be "Anti-" any company focusing its business on the sport i love!!

The only thing I am "anti" about are the consumers that buy a racket "JUST" because the name and the fact that sponsored players are paid to use that brand..

I would like most consuers to more think in terms price/performance and suitability for their game and level. instead of just paying lots of money to the marketing staff..

I would like the consumers money to be more spent on the product development and research staff, not into the pockets of the marketing department!

/Twobeer

9. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate
    argree. one my my fren sold his first gen ti-10 for rm1300 where he bought for rm500

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Ah Twobeer, if all of us were to be like you or me, Yonex would not be selling as many racquets or sponsoring so many tournaments and players. Sponsorship costs money but the extra business generated from such sponsorship brings in more than enough to pay for the costs of sponsoring. It also increases the value of the brand.
    Anytime you build up a brand it is guaranteed to be of far from being a value-for-money product. That is why a brand is worth so much and yet so little to justify if "put to the knife" consumer test, except that it is good insurance policy that you will not be swindled..

11. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    I stop buying and using yonex racquet, but not reach a level "anti" coz I still using yonex's string :D

Dont hate someone or something too much, becoz who knows in the future, we will love it :D

12. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I buy Yonex racquets because my coach was sponsored by Yonex and i was able to try loads of racquets to find out which one i liked. His shop also sold Carlton and Prince, but i just didn't like them compared to the Yonex racquets i tried.
    I don't think people should be 'anti-yonex'. If you don't like the racquets thats one thing, but to avoid trying them just because of their brand name is a bit weird.
    Just my opinion though.

13. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

If it's about choices, people who avoid a major brand (like Yonex in badminton rackets) loses as much choice as people who only uses that major brand. Yonex does make some pretty decent rackets as do many other brands.

Value of the racket, of course, depends on the buyer.

14. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

My Yonex racket was Boron and Carbonex 8SP only.
    Currently using : Yang Yang. ArrowPoint, ASTEC and SOTX .... More Wise

Yonex is good racket, but I never have the high-end series, maybe because the price .......

there is a good and not expensive racket, SOTX .... More Wise :)

15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Sometimes too dominant a position may stifle competition and creativity but in this case, though Yonex is dominant, competition is still quite healthy. In fact, I think Yonex does alot of good for badminton.

Let's imagine if Yonex gets out of badminton, is there any other brand that can step in to fill the void ? Who has the financial muscle to sponsor young players, professional players and competition ? Without those programmes in place, badminton will be much poorer for it.

16. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I moved from Yonex to SOTX because yonex rackets were too expensive for me and SOTX performed the same at a much cheaper price.

17. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

i am tempted too also but the SOTX colours.... geees...

18. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

You shouldn't judge the performance of a racket solely on what technology it's based or how it affect you physically. There's also a spiritual effect.

You see, for most people in this forum, holding a Yonex racket and a SOTX or APAC racket HAS a difference. Even if it's absolutely the same racket with different name. Yonex is a high end brand and their reputation is a lot higher than any other company out there. Thus, player who holds it feels more comfortable and probably feels "better" and stronger than holding another brand. It makes people proud.

19. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    i agree.
    there is a psychological effect of..."i have a good racket'
    even if you can play just as well with any other racket, there is a feeling of "i have the best out there" that is associated with Yonex rackets.

20. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

that's make SOTX different ........ they do not simply copy the colors, they have the quality ....... SOTX, More Wise