LD vs LCW....unfair match...

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by **KZ**, Aug 17, 2008.

1. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

A good one..:cool:

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...I felt for him...having to shoulder the biggest burden of winning the MS Gold and Lin Dan finally delivered. I really felt happy for Lin Dan, even though I am not his biggest supporter! He truly deserves the GOLD MEDAL!

He really played the match of his life yesterday and NOBODY...I repeat NOBODY (which includes Taufik at his best) would have gotten away with even a rubber-set, if they were to play Lin Dan yesterday!

3. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

The whole match only went for 39 minutes, and Lin Dan was in control most of the time. There is no way a couple of long rallies could have made him tired. You get tired much quickly if you are on the defense and have to constantly correct your movement, that's why LCW spent a lot more energy than Lin Dan did. Lin Dan might have been tired, but if he had, he just didn't show it on his face.

4. isitgr8

isitgr8 Regular Member

LiN DaN MaKeS HiS WaY By LeFt RiGhT

LiN DaN MaKeS HiS WaY By LeFt RiGhT not only by walking but with his smashin power too ( left right) smasher:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:( i don't know what append to LCW be frank his is my feva. but wht to say :crying::crying::crying:. i think this happnd only the "Presure" ( whis early his coach notice that now LCW out from the fear and tenssion) of Olympic and Lin playing @ his home ground and such support (gound) he hav.

wht u think friends?

5. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

I was as awesome display, even if it didn't go as expected. Correct, no one could have taken a rubber game off him yesterday. His smash and volley type movements in the second game were unbeatable. I thought the same thing was gonna happen in the men's doubles final but the Indos found a way to tame the offence. LCW couldn't tame LDs attack because every time he tried to play a drop LD would just play a tighter one. not only was it a great offensive game by LD but perfect alround. I would hate to be the next person to play him in that kind of form.

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

PLeaSe Do NoT TyPe LiKe THiS BeCaUsE iT'S HaRD To ReaD. wrong section too :O.. What are you trying to say ? Lin Dan beat LCW because he's left handed and that LCW had lots of pressure on him to win the gold ?

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I really don't buy the whole Phelps is a god thing... The media gives him WAY too much credit. He's a brilliant swimmer yes. But if swimming was one event, he'd only get one medal. And then people definitely wouldn't make such a big deal out of him I'm sure. There are plenty of other athletes out there, just as talented, in other sports.

There are far too many medals available in swimming. The most you could possibly get in badminton would be 3. And you'd have to play singles, doubles, and mixed. Which would be next to impossible. Closest you'd get is LHJ (silver and gold!). So you just can't compare athletes like Lin Dan and Michael Phelps. If there were 8 varieties of Men Singles, or possibly a few teams events thrown in to badminton, each worth medals, then... maybe...

#87 phaarix, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Yup. Michael Phelps should choose badminton instead. :p
    and Gymnastics also one of the few events in OG where one single athletes can back many golds

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Agreed. Even though what Phelps did was incredible, was it that much more incredible than what Lin Dan did? Is it any surprise that the previous record-holder was also a swimmer? What about Lionel Messi? Or Kobe Bryant? Rafael Nadal?

10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    errr.......... Michael Phelps the dolphin

11. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Probably because XXF is taller and easier to spot. ;)

12. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Well said, and I don't think either LD or LCW would trained less than Phelps or less talented in their respective sport.

And how about a gold medal for the left handed playing, and one for the right handed playing. If you can master of hands then you're God. And probably we can add the nylon shuttle as another event too. :D

13. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    When one is haunted with poverty, ten dollars is a lot.

When one lost the game, even is by 2 points, he has to admit defeat.

Strong person will review the factors that caused the defeat, while a weak person will blame the defeat with excuses....

Thanks.

14. zspeed

zspeed Regular Member

15. zspeed

zspeed Regular Member

I was dissappointed because he did not show his six packs ;)

16. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    many do confuse.......... :p
    read the FIRST post.
    this thread is just for fun talk. we lost the gold, just some kidding whining here only........:D:D:D

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

erm, whats the purpose of this thread then?

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Left handed (5 events) - no match for LD here
    Right handed (5 events) - LCW could win the elusive gold here
    Free style (5 events) - can use either hand
    Beach badminton free style only (5 events) - fancy Reiko in bikinis?
    Rhythmic badminton (5 events) - where players play to music and score artistic points as well as normal points

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Cheers for our hero in Olympic badminton final

BUTTERWORTH: Even politics took a back seat when the Olympic men’s badminton singles final was played yesterday.
    Both candidates for the Permatang Pauh by-election took about an hour's break from their walkabouts to watch the match between Malays’a Lee Chong Wei and China’s Lin Dan.
    Datuk Arif Shah Omar Shah and Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim watched the live telecast barely 3km away from each other in Seberang Jaya.
    While Arif Shah joined a group of youths to witness the match at a nasi kandar restaurant along Jalan Todak, Anwar stopped at a small stall on Jalan Tenggiri to watch the game.
    [​IMG] Spectator sport: Eager fans watching the live telecast of the men’s single badminton final at Italiannies in The Curve, Mutiara Damansara.
    They were not the only ones who took a break for sports – Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak watched the live telecast at the Umno Youth main operations centre at Jalan Kubang Semang.
    In Petaling Jaya, hundreds of people went to mamak shops and restaurants which had big screens set up for the live telecast. They cheered and clapped each time Malaysian shuttler Lee Chong Wei gained points against Chinese Lin Dan in the men’s singles finals in the Beijing Olympics.
    Despite Lee's loss to Lin Dan in straight sets, many said they were proud that Malaysia had managed to reach the finals.
    Siti Mariam Mustafa, 30, said she was extremely proud of Lee.
    “It really doesn’t matter to me because this is the first time Malaysia has reached the (badminton singles) final.
    “No Malaysian has done it before and I’m still happy to see the results,” said Siti Mariam, an insurance executive from Bangsar.
    Siti Mariam and her boyfriend Sufian Mohd Nor, 35, an IT executive, chose to forgo two tickets for Meet Dave when they realised the final clashed with the movie.
    “We just knew that we had to support him as proud Malaysians,” she said.
    Siblings Lew Ai Lee, Tau Fei and Tau Cherng, who were dining at a restaurant at The Curve here with their partners, arrived as early as 7pm to choose the best seats in front of the big screen showing the match.
    “This is a really meaningful event because our fellow Malaysian had the chance to win the gold medal so we made sure we did not miss it.
    “Lee is our favourite player and I am sure he tried his best even though he did not win.
    “He put up a good fight not for the RM1mil that he was promised but for his fighting spirit,” said Tau Fei, a graphic designer from Kelana Jaya.

20. NgauNgau

NgauNgau Regular Member

Student

Lol!! You can put this message in the Jokes section, :D:D:D Would love to watch the rhythmic badminton, hahaha!!