Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan -- the new Men's Doubles Olympics Champions!

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by badMania, Aug 16, 2008.

1. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    live live streaming

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Does anyone know if the MS FINAL WILL BE SHOWN ON LINE PLS PLS LET US KNOW

2. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    Live Streaming

:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

aRE U WATCHIN THE MS final between LCW VS LD ?pLS LET ME KNOW IF THAT IS POSSIBLE

3. agakarebatu

agakarebatu Regular Member

Too bad you missed it! It was on Dunia Dalam Berita. After the ceremony, during photo session (still in the podium though) one of China player knocked and messed ('jitak dan acak-acak') Markis' head from behind.

:D:D:D

4. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Well....Malaysia dreams Indonesia delivers....lol

5. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

Fu Haifeng did "the action" to Kido`s head on the podium...looked like they are good friend...hahaha..I love it...:D

6. Ali_king

Ali_king Regular Member

Well done champs, worthy winners, now waiting for mix doubles to make it 2...

:)

7. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I didn't watch the MD final, but you probably can use TVants to watch CCTV-5 (I assume they will broadcast the final with LD present.)

8. Garuda

Garuda Regular Member

San Francisco (Originally from Jakarta, Indonesia)
    For Those Of You Who Missed The Game Or Rewatch!!

Here is the link to the games - including Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan Final against China's Fu/Cai. Everything shows here!! Just click the button: Rewind (next to Official).

For those who have dsl internet, the quality of the video is in HD. I was laughing when Fu messed around with Kido's hair at the end after the ceremony.

Hope the link helps!! CONGRATULATIONS MARKIS/HENDRA AND BRAVO INDONESIA!! :D Hope Nova/Liliyana will also win the gold medal!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/badminton/index.html

Cheers,

9. gogalop27

gogalop27 Regular Member

Student
    Hallo Guys :),

beside the match between Markis/Hendra vs. Fu/Cai, the match between the indonesian girl and chinese girl surely an absolut thriller with the advantage for the indonesian at the end.

The play strategy of Maria reminds me to the great Susy Susanti. Surely Susy was faster and hast a more elegant style of playing, but the playing strategy from Maria seemed quite likely to Susys. The variation of high clears disturbed the footwork of Lu Lan, as Lu Lan could not take control game in the 2nd and 3rd game, Lu Lan seemed to dislike the slow tempo of Maria Kristin.

And of course, what for marvellous precision of shots from these 2 girls have, oh my oh my.. especially the high clear shots were really nice. We have also Chen Jin or Lee Hyun Il, for me, they played a perfect placing of badminton. How do they do that?

On the other side, it is likely "prooved", that the top players do train to produce net tumbling shots. The chinese and indonesian pairs did some very great examples at the final. Thus, this was actually indicated from the very beginning of this tournament. The players were hardly appologizing if the shots luckly tumbling to the opponent court. I think, this is also quite normal at this most prestiqious badminton event, since the nerves and the joy to point clearly overvalue, so that the players dont care the "social" relationship anymore on the court. We hear it often, "on the court we are enemys, of the court we can be friends".

Another nice thing, is that the general style of playing badminton differs from country to country, even between asian countries. We could see it from Markis/Hendra vs. Fu/Cai. Markis and Hendra have the better ability to produce unorthodox shots, which a human being on earth never thought of. On the other side, the hard smashes from Fu are just marvellous. I would really like to experience these kind of shots, I just cant imagine, how on earth I will be impressed in real.

From the match between Maria vs. Lu Lan, it is proved how complex a badminton game is. The perfect badminton from Lu Lan just could not overplay the mentally strong determined of a Maria Kristin. This is just impressive.

Well, I was kinda proud of all these players and of badminton, altough I am not Indonesian or Chinese, just so glad to be able to know how these top players feel on the court, mentally and physically.

So, guys, we can be proud of our favourite sport, badminton. :)

Ciaoo,

Germania

10. helloworld

helloworld Regular Member

cctv2 broadcasted badminton yesterday 16/aug, not sure tommorow but you can try.

BTW, congrats to MK/HS, you are our heros ;)

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    funny how if chinese wins because unsavoury conditions to the non-chinese but if non-chinese win because the condition was clean.:rolleyes: Before August 8, 2008, dirts were flying about chinese line judges will be biased, CJ dad will influence some matches. Now u say the condition is clean:rolleyes:

12. agakarebatu

That was indeed Susy's style. She had been doing so to tame all the top players during her time.

Good analysis. Thanks.

:)

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is weird that MK/HS's birthday is in August also....both of them....today is 8th day of Badminton, August and 08.....

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Views from my TVRI

IMG_4195resized.JPG

[​IMG]

15. agakarebatu

An Olympic gold medal is not bad for birthday gift.

:D:D:D

16. agakarebatu

Seeing Sang Saka Merah Putih being put over the other flags always give me a goose-bumps. :cool:

Thanks!

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Congrats!

I have to say, INA is so good to produce great MD pairs. :)

18. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

Gold Medalist:
    Atlanta Olympic 1996---Rexy Mainaky/Ricky Subagjya
    Sydney Olympic 2000---Candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan
    Beijing Olympic 2008---Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan

19. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

Congratulations to Kido/Setiawan! They were too good for everyone, including Cai/Fu who were destroying other pairs. I feel bad for Cai/Fu. They were my favorite to win, and coming so close to the gold is a little disappointing. But nothing wrong with a silver. Indonesia deserves it for their doubles pedigree.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmmm let see.

M.Kido/H.Setiawan beat fu/cai in 2007 HKO in SF and go on to win the MD title, and they did it again inside china home soil 08 OG because it was done in clean condition

Lilyana Natsir/Vita Marissa beat 3 chinese WD pairs in 2007 china open to take the title was clean

when lcw lose to BCL in china open 2007, then it must be because it was done in an unclean condition

can i consult you regarding helping me in PAWing future touranments? You sure know alot about cleaniness of each event