Team Order?!

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by xymaerts, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The other players are not as good overall.

In addition, they introduce the "limit entry" (or influence their government body) to purnish the other players who are clearly better than them. So, not only they suck, they bring down the overall standard, even if others want to be better.

That's not only my own observation, but many others as well.

If you want to fix the problem, fix from the root, fix from your own end 1st, before worry about others. :cool:

2. MaLiq

MaLiq Regular Member

yeap
    cant agree more.
    if only badminton get as much hype/fame/following/MONEY like tennis
    hmmm
    well it is the fastest racquet sport!

3. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    CJ also thanks LD for losing to him twice or else he will not get the chance to make his debut in the Olympic Beijing. :)

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Lazybuddy, just my take here...

The IOC are itching to drop badminton and any excuse they can use to back their case will be used. This match-fixing thing is like a free gift that fell into their laps and they could go to town on it. The IOC is not the BwF. The latter is weak and has to tolerate this practice. BWF without China is nothing. The IOC, on the other hand, can squash badminton like an insignificant little bug.

You tell me is it worth it, despite your arguments (and I get what you're saying) to continue this practice at the (very strong) risk of having badminton dropped from the Olympics?

5. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I watch the matches every evening and no bad lines call. The only two dispute were Bao game where LYB try to intimidate the umpire and the Korean coach got very crangky. In the LD doubles, where LYB storm in to the court during the break going toward the service judge and the referee quickly stop him. He basically out of control.
    Same with Denmark's coach, keep abusing the referee after the Danish Mx game again the Indo.
    But during the CJ and LD match, the whole gym was very quiet. The couples sit in front and next to me keep asking each other whether the game is real. I think the Chinese spectators can sense that they are not playing their best.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I agree with you, as myself is never a big fan for non-competitive matches, be it fixed, or simply opponents are out of class. I agree that IOC can do whatever they want, and if they need excuses, they can throw every sport out, as long as they need to.

However, even if badminton (or any sports) being removed, it's more or less to do with politics? I don't want to go deep, but don't you think NBA, NHL, NFL, Boxing, etc all have "not play hard enough"?, if so, the play off spot is captured, or it's already a 40 pts blow out game? If by god standard, then we should bann every sports, because you can kick MLB out 5 yrs ago, with all the doping.

I am not here to support who's right who's wrong. And we clearly know the political hands are in sports, and commitee, be it BWF or IOC. The reason on "surface" can look as good as god standard, but the real reason behind... Well, why don't they take track and field out long long time ago, with all the doping cases??? Simply because CHN or some 3rd world nations were not good at it any way, and the big western powers need the gold mine in medal tackers.

If badminton is removed, then the root is not CHN did whatever. It's the rest of the world, did not do - did not improve to a point to be competitive. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.