Wimbledon Final: LinDan(Federer) vs LCW(Nadal)

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by jimbo, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Hamz

Hamz Regular Member

Logistics
    Hope not too late to join the fun....

Jinjang Joe = Is a 'Joe' who lives in Jinjang (not too sure KL or Selangor)
    How about Ahmad who lives in a district called Batang Berjuntai (Perak state)
    He would be called Ahmad Batang Berjuntai ?
    :D:D:D

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER

Lim Kit Siang also love malaysia although he is opposition's taiko:D:D

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Exactly my point!!! Is living in Jinjang an insult?? I have several good friends who are from Jinjang and I dont see them being insulted and all. But what is freaking me out is when someone associate Jinjang Joe = Transvestite. :eek:

I must have ruffled some Malaysia Boleh fans feathers. :p

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Oh yes, Kit Siang!! He bantai everything about the government & that Malaysia Boleh thingy so I am sure Kit Siang must have personally insulted some 'people' here as well :D:p

Malaysia Boleh!

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    It is hard when u are talking something is true, but hard to be accepted by ppl. Or they purposely dont want to accept it although they knew it's true.:D:D

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

no politics here please.:D:D:D:cool:

7. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    well, everyone is looking forward for a Nadal vs Fedex Finals in beijing too! hahaha :D

will both the num2 prevail or... NOT! :D

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I am sorry, Your Honour.:D:D

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I believe it all comes down to our maturity.

I mean, I am questioning why Malaysia, despite millions of RM being invested into badminton each year, we still cant win an Olympic gold, WC and that Thomas Cup is like a distant memory. This Olympic, we are talking about a RM1 million reward and a monthly pension of RM5,000 for life. That is a lot of taxpayers money! In view of our current economic situation what we are investing in badminton today is more than luxury. We provide our shuttlers with the best coaching out there. Provide the best facilities and equipment etc. So, whats wrong in us asking for some results??? Whats wrong in asking how come Denmark can win the WC & Olympic gold, but we are unable to do so?

Our Malaysian mentality is another big problem. Look at KKK/TBH as an example. They win one AE, they get big headed. Same with HH. As for LCW, his temperament and mentality is weak. Look at his record at AE & WC. But of course, we have some decent professionals like WMC.

On the side note, I think we dish out awards a little too soon. I think Nicoll David is world class and all. She deserved her success. BUT I think the 'Datukship' award came a little too soon. The State should have awarded her the Datukship after her retirement. You dont see David Beckham being awarded a "Sir" by the Queen. Being in her 20s, I think Nicoll is a little too young to hold that Datuk title. And of course, we dont want to see "Datukships" being dished out to more 20 yr olds or else the title will have no value.

This disease of ours is not only affecting our badminton. It is across all our other sports as well. We are shitty but rather than owning up and taking steps to improve, we sweep all our shortcomings under the carpet and anyone who criticise the state of our sports all hell will break lose from the Boleh fans. Malaysia Boleh is a sacred cow. People refuse to see things for what they are. Common sense no longer prevails when you look at things from the angle of cults. And 'Malaysia Boleh' coined by politicians to divert our attention from our failures have successfuly removed the common sense amongst us thus you will see our politicians and their lackeys all sitting pretty and holding high positions in all our sports associations/bodies today. And they will be there despite failures after failures ... at the expense of our taxpayers ... while we continue chanting Malaysia Boleh.

#229 Pemuda, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hold on to your pants. Dont be too quick to play the policeman here. Who is talking about politics here? By refering to Kit Siang, it does not mean one is talking politics here. ;)

11. indra

indra Regular Member

pemuda,

Do you know how much the state has invested annually in badminton in Malaysia?

12. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    If I can guess, it's two or three times bigger than us...:D

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Indra,

Malaysia is unique and over here how public funds are allocated are not as transparent as say Hong Kong, Singapore or Denmark etc. However, if RM11 million of public funds were used for Women's Sports and Fitness Foundation Malaysia (WSFFM) for some song and dance for over a year; http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=21506, simple common sense will tell you that badminton being a bigger and more popular sport will definitely take up more than RM11 million. The training facilities, equipment, coaching, administrative, players & staff wages, travel and lodging etc etc ... we are certainly looking at more than RM11 million. This is just the yearly expenditures. What about public funds used to built and maintained training/medical facilities, stadium etc?

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Pemuda, please be very patient.

The 1 million reward will be safe in the gov pocket, coz no player can grab gold medal in the OG, including LCW.

Everytimes in the big tournament, mas players always be quoted as

- Best chances ever
    - Favourites to win

But what is the results? We won nothing.

So, if LCW really make it to final, he also cant win the game, bcoz of the mentality is weak, according to you. This, i agree.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You seem to be contradicting yourself because this is what you wrote in post #71 today under the thread title "Beijing Olympics 2008 - Singapore's badminton chances".

"... We maybe not as good as Singapore, in terms of quality of life, economic growth, earnings etc. But 1 thing for sure, our LCW is favourite to win the OG Gold Medal for his own country, and he is not FT, he is malaysia born malaysian..."

Can you explain? :rolleyes:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i wonder what odds Sandy would give to LD and LCW if they meet in the final, 10:10 or 11:9?

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

haha... after Pemuda vs X_Ball vs EagleHelang, now we have Dato vs Loh... haha... it's getting fun here... countdown to OG08... :p:D

I must say "hello, relak lah..." :)

18. george@chongwei

then me will be vs lin dan in the final of the OG08...hahhahahaa:D:D
    damn funny..lolx

19. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    haha.. u vs ld?? hahaha.. :D

20. george@chongwei

yea, because im chong wei:p:p