Singles techniques / training

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BADHEN, Mar 28, 2008.

1. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Sure,beside footwork is proper,our mind also have to be clear enough to make out where shuttle should we put and how to make him feel stress.Faster just a advantage you can control him,but if he still play with you in SLOW...style,I scare you will lose the point.Cos I had meet a single player play like this style,you play faster,but he try to slow you up,not cos he cant faster,but this is his technique.

Ahhen

2. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

i dont belive so

if your very fast he cant slow down the game.because 2 slow down the game u will have 2 hit high shots but when your fast you can quickly go there and jump and do what u want try and imagine some 1 giving u a high lob then u just and drop the shuttle very fast.so its almost impossible 2 dictate the rally if your slower.example lee chong wei plays soo fast so is is hard for opponents 2 dictate the rally.

3. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Yup,Lee Choong Wei is fast single player,but Lin Dan insteads.
    Both of them have great foortwork,but both of them playing is different.

Lin Dan can catch up what Lee Choong Wei footwork,and he always try to slow Lee down,by the chance appear,Lin Dan will be faster suddenly,let Lee cant figured out what he suppose do on next step.

In single,both playing rally,who the most rally one is easy get the point,that not mean will be winner in the game.

In my opinion,rally and slow game just can make your opposition hard to catch up your footwork.

Ahhen

4. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

lin dan

when lin dan plays with lee chong wei they are both very fast players lin dan is actually faster than chong wei but lets put that aside.When chong wei plays with lindan they play a physical game the do now play speed or deceptive or any other of the 5 main elements.So when they play physical game the shuttle is always going down and the court is closed alot therefore in the international level when chong wei and lindan play the speed is always high because they are playing a physical game.

5. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Let us forget Lee Choong Wei and Lin Dan.Both of them is international player,not good we compare them in here.
    Get back in single game.Yup,physical game is need in single match.But who can speed up and slow up on the suitable time just will make opposition hard to follow up.Deceptive drop or what just regards as technique skill.Not relative to rally.Then if we meet a rally player in single,is that mean we going to lose??Just slowing him down is a one technique you going to get point from him.
    Maybe what I said above is bluring you.Rally just for catch up the earlier time as he could.Slow down is making opposition cool down his hot spirit.
    All single game beside the skill and stamina,physicall else....we must always remember "RHYTHM".

6. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Yep...ur right !!!
    Rhythm !!!!
    That is what we need....to control ur opponent in gane...for me...it's kinda hard as im not very good in controlling ppl's game...

I normally play offensive and attack as much as possible...to break down their defense...then sometimes i play rally...sometimes i play control...

7. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

If we playing rally,footworks is most important.But by the way,our footworks is relative to stamina,that means we cannot spend too much or last for long in rally,so sometimes we have to let it recover by playing slow and defence or setting ball.We attack also spend energy,that why we sometimes have to slow down.

Ahhen

8. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

training

this is almost similar 2 nusa mahsuris training

9. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Beside above,any like this training can make inside court,cos in KL not so many beach around..... heehhehe/

Ahhen

10. Budakkiwi

Budakkiwi Regular Member

Student
    Change style of play

Not sure if this is the correct place for this...

Anyway, i have a query about my playing style...

I can play most of the range of shots in my game. To try to improve my game, i try to play with people who are better and try to get tips about my playing style afterwards. Recently, i was playing against a state representative (well, did alright, was on par with him till about 14 all then my game somehow collapsed) for that purpose. At the end of it when i asked him how may i improve my game he told me that i had good rallying skills but i needed to up my speed and switch to more attacking play. He said that after a while, if i do not vary my style, opponents of a decent level will be able to get used to my play and exploit it to their advantage.

So my question is this, how may i change my usual patient style of play (in a match) to one with more urgency, attack, speed etc...? Does that mean that i should try to smash from the baseline more often or the moment i seem to have a chance?:confused:

11. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

I just merely catch your point,not still not sure,cos you didn't make clear where you lose for... .

In single match,rally and attack is direct to get point from opponent.But doesnt we all the point just using attack,right?It just will let us lose so much energy.
    So,in my opinion,patient style is need in single,when you patient time,try to control birdie to make you opponent running,playing with him,forget to attack him.But when he running and appear a mistake,changing your style to attack him,by the time,you need stamina.
    As China Coach said,"YOU USING POWER TO SMASH HIM,SURE WE MUST MAKING HIM LOSE POWER TO CATCH IT,IF NOT OUR POWER IS VAIN."

Ahhen

12. Budakkiwi

Budakkiwi Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm...i sort of get what you are saying...something which im trying to work on as well...need to attack when it counts. Sometimes i hesitate as im worried if he defends the attack i will end up in a bad position due to the 'slowness' of my recovery after an attack.

But i suppose something which i got out of reading the badmintonbible by Gollum is to have a set game plan and then at the odd time (somewhere in the middle of the match) vary it to keep the opponent guessing...?

13. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Any else can help???

Ahhen

14. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Erm...i dun quite understand the last line, Kiwi....
    can u explain it again??
    Sry...

15. chen0019

chen0019 Regular Member

" And my weakness is I always hit the ball in to the central line"

No point mentioning about footwork if you cannot hit the shuttlecock to the baseline... Definitely your opponent will control you if you keep feeding him with a mid-court clear, no matter how good your movement is.

The first thing is to make sure you can hit from baseline to baseline, otherwise, your rear court return will also be a problem

16. Budakkiwi

Budakkiwi Regular Member

Student
    Oh i was just saying that based on what i read from Gollum's badmintonbible, i think i would be best if i went into a game with a game plan on how to beat my opponent. For example, if i was faster then my opponent, i would probably play a mixture of deep baseline lobs and quick and sharp drop shots to his forehand corner. But at the odd time, to confuse my opponent and to prevent him realising my game plan, i may choose to attack his backhand somewhere in the middle of the game to keep him guessing.

17. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Yeah...shud keep him guessing...
    or else it would be bad....if he knows ur plan...

18. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

Cant catch it... .

opponent's weakness just for you to gettting easy point,but you have to show your advantage to get him hard in your game.

Ahhen

19. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Erm...nowadays i started to use Dummy's and it really worked....
    since double action is pretty hard for deception, i think dummy is easier for doing deceptions

hehe

20. BADHEN

BADHEN Regular Member

What meaning of Dummy?

How it relative to deception???Make clear please//:D

Ahhen