Racquet Suggestion Needed

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by timmehtong, Jun 4, 2008.

1. timmehtong

timmehtong Regular Member

I have played badminton for almost 1 and half years now. I am a singles and doubles player(But I'm starting to think my forte is in singles, but not certain because i excel in both). I like playing offensively smashing, driving, hard drops, offensive clears. Fast paced games in singles. But not so fast in doubles because my partner is unable to keep up with a game at that fast rate. Which racket would you suggest I get and which strings should i string it with and at what tension. Preferably yonex brand because the store nearby sells plenty of that so i can get it easily.

Note : I am currently using an Armortec 500 (24LB tension, Yonex BG 65)

Note : Also most of the time in singles i have half smash left right and then drop then half smash. This is the base of my strategy. Changes depending on my opponents

TY

#1 timmehtong, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

From your style, AT500 is a perfect fit for you. May be you need to train with your partner more (like clear, drive, half smash, full smash, back court drop and net drop). Work on foot work and rotation too. You will gain more experience and increase your reaction tine also. I will also suggest you to try BG80 at 23X25lb. More power and control than BG65 at 22x24lb, but les durability.

3. Marshmallow64

Marshmallow64 Regular Member

I also think the current racket suits you well, but if you really want to upgrade test out the AT 900 Power. Test it before you buy it since it costs an arm and a leg.

4. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

Budget

how much is your budget for a racket do u want 2 buy 2 or 1 peice

5. Khawai

Khawai Regular Member

Try the AT700 and the AT900Power. You will get more power from these rackets. However, your defence will sacrifice a little bit. Hope this helps. =)

6. yinsoon

yinsoon Regular Member

student
    I agree with Silentheart, seems like the AT500 suits you, especially since you use it for both singles and doubles. I dont think upgrading might be the best idea now...

but still... what is better than an AT500?....
    2 AT 500!! :p

Might seem silly at first but from the info you've given, u'd prolly enter a stage where you will be breaking strings more often (if you havent already) - u'll prolly find this once you start moving away from BG65 to thinner strings like the BG80 (hopefully no broken rackets but you cant rule it out) so it would be much more convenient to be able to switch to the same racket. Esp if you start entering competitions this would be standard equipment methinks.

If you really want to get something different just for singles then maybe you can consider the suggestions here and get yourself a singles racket (or two lol)

7. timmehtong

timmehtong Regular Member

haha my budget is like $1 - as high as possible =P. Well right now our team is like really fragile right now. Our team is breaking and each of us is going our seperate ways. So right now so there will be a possibility that i will be going into singles only because i love to play singles. Still deciding though. I believe i play singles better than doubles.

I use my friends Armortec 900 technique like every now and then. The Armortec 900 seems pretty good. It's very light and quick play. I wish they make one armortec 900 -_-. I like the power from power but i love the quick play from the technique

8. yinsoon

yinsoon Regular Member

student
    lol if your budget isnt a problem then you could prolly get 2 x Armortec 900 lol. or maybe one of each lol then u get the best of both worlds depending on what kind of game u are playing that day lol :p