Badminton Player in Boxhill

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Paye Lynn, Mar 22, 2008.

1. luzou

luzou Regular Member

Had a good time

I had a good time, although it took me a while to used to those extra lines on the courts. :)

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I enjoyed it. I'll be coming again this week probably both locations. How much will it cost this time?

3. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Should be $6-7 each place. Yeah most courts around melbourne are multipurpose so theres tons of lines on the floor. I think theres only 3 dedicated venues, MSAC in Albert Park, Kilsyth Stadium in Kilsyth, and Springers Leisure Center in Keysborough. They're all considerably far if you live near box hill. Lemme know if you want to come again Lu.

For anyone else interested either leave a msg here or PM me, or email me, or call me if for whatever reason you have my number :p. The group has a lot of girls, mostly beginners, and the guys are a bit better :D.

4. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Well after the tournaments back to organising again :D. Playing this sunday from 11-2 at box hill with 4 courts. Let me know if anyone is interested in coming.

5. E.Cheng

E.Cheng Regular Member

Student
    Hello,

Im quite interested in this thread, Could I please ask for more details about the boxhill/balwyn badminton social thing? Me and my friend are like beginner-intermediate players who just want to play for fun

6. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

oops sorry i didn't check this thread, we just play on sunday's normally at box hill between 11-1.

next sunday we're playing between 11-2pm at box hill, lemme know if ur interested :D

7. KLipp

KLipp New Member

STudent
    Hi,
    I'm Ernests frend, we'd love to come along
    we might be a bit late though
    i think i'll get there around 12, not sure about ernest though
    but we look forward to coming

8. DanielPJ

DanielPJ Regular Member

Is there someone I should inform prior to attendance? or just rock up? :)

9. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    Franko prob confirm but this sun(8/6/08) would be somewhere else instead of boxhill

10. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

FranCo :D We're playing at Boroondara Sports Complex at 271C Belmore Road, North Balwyn 3104 this sunday from 11-1, if you're interested come along and if you like it then i'll add u to the email list

oh yeah lemme know lol

11. Paulet jr

Paulet jr Regular Member

student
    just so ya know, Kilsyth, MSAC, Atona, Seba (though still does have other lines due to netball, basketball and volleyball being played there), also henderson rd near seba where all the indo's play are all badminton stadiums, designed for badminton only, apart from seba. in my oppinion, henderson and msac are the best due to the mats, but altona and kilsyth are good too. seba is not that great due to its lighting and the other lines. why they ever have june bevan there in 05 is beyond me.
    the only other place in vic i can think of which is good is ballarat

12. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

I don't get why that post is here, but oh well, i'm in a playful mood anyway :D

just so ya know, we play around box hill because ppl live around there, and don't want to drive 20-40 minutes to those other places :D

ballarat? sure lets all drive 3 hours and go play some badminton :p or could chug down on a c172 in half an hour, return cost will only be around $300, or if mommy's credit card will allow, how about a turbo twin? $500 should do it

But on a more seroius note, I do agree certain stadiums have better lighting, and boroondara actually has good lighting due to one side of the wall being almost fully fitted with glass windows that lets in natural light, but the large space and white nets seperating the courts does make it hard to see the shuttle at times. MSAC have great courts for purposes more than just those 6 matted courts, they have half drapes so the shuttle is more visible during clears, circular lighting in a position that almost never blinds you

I've played in a few tournaments in multipurpose stadiums, but i can't say i've complained about the lines much. It would be nice to have badminton lines only, but if its affecting your performance then maybe you shouldn't be playing tournaments yet :D

btw i'm just purposely being a prick :D its exam time, let off some stress (which i don't actually have, but good excuse nonetheless)

Most of the players in my group are just social players, for a bit of exercise and fun, a few are getting coaching to learn to play better, so as long as the courts are in decent condition we don't really need the best :)

13. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

So just to point out again, this sunday we're playing at Boroondara Sports Complex at 271C Belmore Road, North Balwyn 3104 from 11am-1pm, its quite close to the box hill courts for those unsure of the location.

..and i need to know if you want to come so i can organise more or less courts depending on the numbers :)

Franco

14. Pete@

Pete@ New Member

Hi Franco,

I'd like to play this weekend with your group. Any games this Sunday?

Cheers.

15. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    i doubt franco will have session this week or even this month because of exams.

16. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Its not because of exams, but i couldn't get courts anywhere, should be playing next sunday though :D

17. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    Boroondara Sports Complex was booked out? was dead last week...

18. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    How can you play during your exams franco?

19. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    its the dedidication to his other study, badminton. :D Boroondara Sports Complex has a competition..bummer

20. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    you could try playing at aqualink box hill