I should be most wary of LCW-LD says

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by xymaerts, May 18, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In the Msian press, no big deal, the focus is on why Msia lost to China in TC.

For LCW, good for his confidence as OG preparation, he made another step in breakthru in terms of major tournament pressure. He's always critized for crumbling to pressure at major events, TC is major, he was 1st MS for Msia, need to deliver a pt since MS2 & MS3 not on par with China. Rexy said (though it's abt MD)he considered TC to be higher pressure than OG cos the whole team counting on the player/pair.

The funny thing is a few LD fans & non-LCW fans are unhappy that a few LCW hard core fans (can count with 10 fingers) are happy with the win.

#141 eaglehelang, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what i will say is i cant wait for the olympics, particularly badminton.
    one must understand that you can train as hard as you can but you cant train for the high preesure situation. it's something that you can or cant deal with it. training wouldnt help.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no no, i'm not unhappy about lcw's win, it's the noise from the exothermic reaction from his win that is expanding at rate faster than the medals coming in. This will only increases the pressure onto lcw that he might freeze up in the OG:p
    Boyle's Law clearly state that PV=constant,

where:

P denotes the pressure of the system.
    V is the volume of the system.
    k is a constant value representative of the pressure and volume of the system.

When that happen, all hell will break loose for the MAL/lcw fans

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

upsetting mother nature

no no no, i'm not unhappy about lcw's win or the lost of LD, what concern me is all the noise of the exothermic reaction coming from the MAL fans after lcw's recent win over LD that is expanding at rate faster than the medals coming in. This will only increases the pressure onto lcw that he might freezes up in the upcoming OG.
    Boyle's Law clearly state that PV=k (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyle's_law)

where:

P denotes the pressure of the system.
    V is the volume of the system.
    k is a constant value representative of the pressure and volume of the system.

When a condition that i have observed as described above is in manifestation where both the noise VOLUME AND PRESSURE on lcw are INCREASING, this will upset the balance of nature and only lead to one thing, ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE

:cool:er

#145 cooler, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    anybody can help me to call ambulans???...i keep laugh till fall from the chair...haha...ok lar...let me say this way

...lin dan was the god of ms:eek:...and he can do whatever he want and let go whatever he think cheap and useless...applause...^^...:D...so...after reading this...maybe u will happy a whole day...^^...;)...have a nice day...^^...

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wow...the subject i love the most...so good that a law can derived in bc...^^...

8. hollywood_t

hollywood_t Regular Member

Hmm,

interesting so it's back to the strategy of making your opponnent use more energy than you do. I like your analysis. It works for LCW as it plays to his strenghts speed, net play and keeps away from his weaknesses shot selection by keeping it simple.

Can it be done for an entire match when the opponnent is aware of it?

Wonder what it would take to counter the LCW strategy. The counter to the net strategy we've seen before. It can be countered by anticipation and aggresively lifting from the net. LD did this in 2006 and CJ just copied it. Either into the middle or crosscourt. A lift to the middle will reverse the tables and speed up the game for LCW if LD takes the shuttle early at the net. If LCW is tempted to smash from here there will be no angle and this will use up his energy reserve.

Cross court is more risky. The court opens up and LCW has more time to react. This should only be used to mix things up to keep LCW guessing. An occasional lift to LCW's backhand corner is good. Round the head takes alot of energy and more time to recover from while unless u are Taufik a backhand will be slower and more defensive.

The main thing though is how to break the pattern if being pinned down on a side. When serving a flick serve will be useful. Or a long deep serve. Especially playing down the center. Serving short to the corner will also work, the high percentage is a crosscourt lift or drop which opens up the game and plays to LD style. All other shots straight lift, net shot are lower percentage i.e. you are changing the direction of the bird so LCW will be the one under pressure. So varying the serve and using the corners will make a big difference.

In the rally & backcourt. Clearing deep into the center might work, or even a slightly shallow clear to temp the opponent into power smashing.

Other wise flat clears to the corners might work, backhand corner is more dangerous. Flatter to the forehand can work. It's difficult to move into position to hit down so push flat into the forehand and go to the net & control play from there. If LD can do the Zhao where he disguised his clear this would be magic but ....

The other is med/waist level smashes down the line. These are difficult to do anthing with so will slow things down a bit. Either a flat push comes back or LCW would have to lift.

I guess the keys for LD are to read the pattern of play and play a very tactical game to break the clear & drop pattern. Taking control from the first point will be huge. He'll have to return or serve to different areas on the court to make it harde for LCW to take control. He will also have to anticipate the drop and straight clears and either push aggressively from the net or play some med paced flatter shots to break the pattern.

I think in a free for all LD adapts quicker whereas if you can break LCW's rhythm it takes him several point to reestablish. If LCW can ride those moments out quickly he has a good chance to take the match.

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I doubt LCW will win SO in my humble opinion, will see the reactions after that.

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Like I say, I don't know how you get your thrill if not cheering for Malaysia.

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Maybe you are more patriotic than others....I for one do not generally support the ENG pairs, unless I happen to like them (which currently I don't), but it does not stop me enjoying the games and getting excited. During TC final I was jumping up and down with excitement when the games were close and I am niether Korean or Chinese.

I am just a fan of badminton, no nation or players in particular.

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is not the same James - if LCW is English, you would cheer for him, wouldn't you ? The guy has shown so much and he gets 'knocked' by some cocky poster who is Malaysian is unacceptable.

13. Rachel Wood

Rachel Wood Regular Member

Student
    Chen Yu will win S'pore SS:D

14. Rachel Wood

Rachel Wood Regular Member

Student
    never..............

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Personally I would, because I like LCW, however you have to understand that some people for some reason won't like him, therefore don't have to be compelled to like and support him purely because they were born in the same country.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

And for that reason, I ask where he then gets his thrills.;)

17. eaglehelang

Yes, they dont have to support but constantly critising 98% of the time is different . Like if dont critise/bash cannot, see other people praise the player also cannot.
    And.. bashing the fans along the way - the motive behind it (someone already mentioned this) is in question. Look at all the locked threads.;);)
    & with such action cause Msians to look bad in the sight of non Msians, with the perception -> "Msians are a negative lot".

Most interestingly, these criticism has caused quite a number of non Msians speak up & defend the Msian players, kah kah. Hmm, why would the non Msians do that (& face the risk of being bashed too), even when they're not fans of the players ?

Maybe that's what Xball meant by thrills - thrills of critising 98% of the time.

#157 eaglehelang, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

aiya... may be it's just "reverse psychology" or he was Msia ex-sport player but kena sabo or treated unfairly by Msia officials/coaches/etc... :eek:??? I dun know lah... but like it or not, we (Msia Boleh fans) should at least try to support our local boys/girls instead of bashing at them... :rolleyes:

19. eaglehelang

LOL, sabo, LOL. Jimbo, after a couple of years in Spore you still know all the Msian slang.
    Not reverse psychology lah, the reverse psy "expert" is Vching.

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

errr... "sabo" is also frequently used in SG... so, it's NOT Msia slang... :rolleyes:

i oso dun know why he always hammer our local boys/girls... haha... may be we should see "him" play baddie then we comment lor... haha :p