before tournament nutrition. try it..

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Daisuke, May 13, 2008.

1. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

the other day i had a tournament, and the day before that.. i ate 4 slices of pizza, a steak, smoked ham and drank coke and pepsi and milk. i also ate 2 yogurts and teh next day, i played like crazy..

if u dont believe me TRY IT out for urself..

i ended up 2 out of 18 people in singles =D

2. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    lol, there is no correlation between eating lots of junk food and performing well. Awhile ago, to celebrate my quarter final win, my teammates treated me to heavy foods and heavy alcohol ;). I woke up next morning with a pounding headache and my body felt sluggish. I then proceeded to win both rounds and the tournament with ease, although playing horrible. My opponents weren't great, and I had a good partner so we managed to pull out a win, so you see, it's all relative. Congrats to you though!

3. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

It's different for everyone. You might feel great after eating lots of food, or you might feel sluggish afterwards.

4. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    That post was kindly sponsored by Pizza Hut & associated junk food companies =) hehe :D

5. Calfy

Calfy Regular Member

pizza, steak and ham will be good but if i eat and drink the other stuff id prbs be puking up on the court :S

lol

6. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    tournament nutrition is deffinetly important, and what you eat can have an effect on your game to an extent with respect to how much energy you have on court and all that and if it will be digested in time to get you the carbs and all that wonderful stuff that you need to preform to the best of your ability out there. Eating lots of junk food and sugary drinks like pop though i have not heard of any connections with that and preformance being enhanced substancially for long periods of time. sugar will give you an initial high and then a crash. well its different to hear about that though.

7. maxizfreak

maxizfreak Regular Member

eating banana doesn't mean you r monkey. huhuhuhu.

8. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    There is deifntely a correlation between nutrition and being able to play at your best. For a tournament I start two weeks away, cutting out most fats and reducing the amount of kilojoule intake. I dont eat a lot of bad foods anyways so it's fairly easy to do. I started drinking more water. Eat pasta/rice twice a week. Stay away from starchy foods. Cut down on potatoes etc. Eat more green vegies and prefer salads. Theres other foods I do and do eat as well but I won't keep going.
    I will be training 5-6 times a week before a tournament. The week of the tournament i train 2-3 times. Heavy session on the Monday, medium on Tuesday and light on the Friday before. I like to build my carbohydrate intake up, two weeks prior to a tournament. Cut out all non essential foods (although i do have a chocolate drink or bar every so often and still drink coffee)
    If you start to train your body to eat well and drink more fluids etc, you will see a change in your metabolic rate, physical appearance, stamina, explosiveness etc. You also heal quicker from injury.