BC Gathering Pictures

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Loh, May 17, 2008.

1. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Wau..haha..next time I should organise a trip for those bachelors to Indonesia during Indonesia Open..haha..:D:p;)(juz kidding)..

#61 Felicia_txh, May 19, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  2. terry

terry Regular Member

I really enjoy my time in TC 2008...

3. terry

terry Regular Member

I upload the songs
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55733

4. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    My own little "gathering"

I had my own little gathering. In my room which was next to Cai Yun's room. We talked a lot and then I asked Alvent to join us. It was funny, they so friendly towards each other but dont understand each other's words at all. So i translated for them. :D:D:D

My wife thought CY is more good looking in person compared to the photos. Alvent too. But they are damn friendly!!!

Attached Files:

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh many thanks Krisna, the songs are just beautiful and the translation above is certainly very meaningful to every patriot. Wonder whether you have the music scores to ensure we sing the right notes. :p

I also saw Gao Ling enjoying herself cheering for her team on a chair although she was not playing.

6. LwW^w|n

LwW^w|n Regular Member

wow!!! thanks for the pics! the members seem had great time together! btw, now i realised that cai yun is damn handsome *bang
    too late?! hahaha..joking

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Memories, Togetherness and Souvenirs

I'm sure all BC members who travelled to Jakarta to watch the Thomas Cup & Uber Cup proceedings must have enjoyed themselves thoroughly. I have not experienced such close proximity with so many other members until this trip. Perhaps it is because almost all of us travelled from overseas and stayed in the same two hotels, the Century Park and the Sultan, where the players were also accommodated.

We get to know each other better, to enjoy the games together, cheering and making all sorts of noise, to take morning "brunch" and to dine together usually very late at night after the evening's matches, to go shopping and jalan-jalan together, to do our daily routine walking trips to the stadium nearby for those staying at the Century Park Hotel and to pose for many, many photographs with both members and non-members alike, especially with their idol players. Some made use of their caps and tickets for the players to sign autographs.

All these were made possible because BC members were committed to making it happen in Jakarta. Because Hauge made sure that we got as best a treatment he could arrange. In the end we obtained VIP passes, attended a potrait photo session and had our finger print registered and it really didn't matter which country Rudy made us to represent as we did not have to pay for the admission tickets.

Obviously, Krisna had a great part to play in ensuring the VIP tickets for some of us were available each day for the matches. And through Djarum, we were able to play some entertaining badminton during last Sunday afternoon at their Tubun company premises. We have to thank BC member Gunawan, who was brought up in Jakarta but now resides in the US, for making the arrangements and leading us to the venue with his elder brother Johnny.

I, together with those who also went during the semi-finals, also enjoyed three evenings of 'free' meals at Furama, Lagunas and Mangga Besar. During our Lagunas supper, Krisna brougt along a few designs of Djarum T-shirts to let us choose as a keepsake. Apparently his friend also paid for our meal.
    We are most grateful to our "sponsors" and to Hauge for arranging them. :D

And the event organisers and sponsors ensured that we went home with fond memories of TC/UC 2008 Jakarta by distributing souvenirs for the VIP pass visitors.

THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THE EVENT SO MEMORABLE FOR BC MEMBERS.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Encountered some problems trying to attach some pics.
    Hope it works now.

Attached Files:

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the additional memoirs..

..fabcargo, wow, were you aware of the BC get-together??..Hmm, wished if you were able to meet and join them...Anyway, thanks for sharing your pics, too..:cool:
    ..wow, that sounds very fantastic, Loh!!...Can we all say, thank goodness Hau-ge and Krisna came and joined BadmintonCentral in time...;):cool:

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I'm sure Ants, Abedeng, Samuel, George, etc will be waiting for you in KL for TC 2010. And China or Korea BC members for Uber 2010. :D

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Envy!!Envy!!Hopefully there'll come a day where i can join u guys...someday in the future!!Btw,else than lauren,anyone below 25 years old?

12. terry

terry Regular Member

HELLO...everyone is below 25 years old :p:eek::rolleyes: ...

*Just Kidding

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yes, we all (those who attended the BC gathering) owe Abedeng, Hauge, Krisna BIG BIG BIG thank you... without them, this "fanatic" gathering wont occur... and yes, those local delicacies are simply fantastic.... yummy :D

I'm sure we all had great time and most of my baddie wishes were fulfilled. I finally got a private photo with Taufik... shook his hands... with him after his lost to LeeHI (he was weeping)... was there when he apologized to the INA team after the match... was there for taufik press conference... took few up close n person pics of Taufik... :eek:

after attending Taufik press conference, i know where he stands now... and i also kinda figure out his baddie future... he is still my fav player (of coz, LeeYongDe as well) :D

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

ME ME ME!!! I am 25yrs old EVERY YEAR :eek::D

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Jimbo..

..the "Pictures with Professional Players 2" thread (in the Professional Players sub-forum) will be waiting for you and your pics...;)

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

How can we forgot our Miss Lollipop? :eek::p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Help! Bc Members Caught In The Act!

Yes, their faces were printed in black and white in one local tabloid, "Warta Kota", Senin, 19 Mei 2008: :eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, really envy of u guys and also fabargo:(
    btw fabargo, where do u meet CY n CAI YUN they all?
    they stayed with the same hotel as u guys>??
    glad to know that cai yun have time to gather with u and your wife:)
    aww:(

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

anymore pics to share with us???
    jimbo, samuel???:)
    and anyone who had went to this time thomas/uber cup?:)
    pls post more pics>..

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    WOW Team at Jakarta!

Michelle happens to be luyi80, younger sister of Lady Cat Louisa. Even I was tricked into believing they are not related when we played the PAW game. So three of our WOW Team members are represented at this auspicious world team competition. Any other PAW can challenge us? :rolleyes:

My cat sisters also posed with other "celebrities". :p