First timer to Bintang Dublin

Discussion in 'Bintang Badminton Academy' started by cairndubh, May 13, 2008.

1. cairndubh

cairndubh New Member

Hi,

My G/F and I are thinking of starting to play badminton a bit more often. We both used to play when we were younger, and are looking for vaguely energetic activities to try to fend off our encroaching 30s middle age spread :p

First question - can we just turn up at Bintang Dublin at the weekend, and wait for a court so we can play a game or two, or is it like some kind of club we have to join?

Second - I have a racket I bought way back when I was in college, but my G/F currently doesn't have one. Can we hire equipment at the club, or should I find a racket for her? :)

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

If it's like Bintang Sunnyvale and Bintang Dublin, you will be able to just drop in and play (after you pay the drop in fee of course). I haven't been there, but they will most likely have a pro shop where you can either buy a new racket or rent one.

3. bintangclub

bintangclub Regular Member

Thanks Joseph for the prompt response!

Yes, you can just drop by on the weekend as a guest (pay the guest fee) and play until you drop. :)

We do have rackets for rent, so you may want to go with that until you decide whether or not this is an activity you would want to pursue regularly. Badminton is quite addicting though and definitely a very good (and very fun) form of exercise! (We also have rackets and shuttles for sale at the proshop.)

We hope to see you around!