pressure down tool in string machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by youngwind, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Cack - I'd just started on my Mk II home-made spreader! I'll have to think of another use for all this Polymorph I've bought. Wonder if I can fashion a racket out of it...

2. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

I'm gonna use mine for grip trainer for beginners. Put it on a piece of dowelling which will be the length of a racquet to the sweet spot, hang an aero golf ball in the backhand corner for players to practice some stroke moves.

3. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

yay finally MBS has loadspreader :) definitely buying one or two on my next purchase :) :)

At the moment I'm having issue with either high noon disease or shortening frame of racket. I have tried adjusting the mounting position to make sure the 4 side at right place.
    So far, when I adjust the 4 side mount, I tighten them until before they start pushing the frame (over tighten), then the north and south not sure how far should i tighten them. if I adjust them to just touch the frame (not even pushing the frame) and i tension 25x28 it will dent the frame. if I adjust it so it give about 1mm gap at top and throat, then it won't dent the racket but will shorten the frame :( not sure which is worse, denting or shortening frame.
    by the way, the top and throat post does not have rubber, it has round hard plastic (its like pointy... and very small hard surface area when touch against frame).

4. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

#44 jcl49, May 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I just did my SOTX W-7 at 27/30 with one and there were no problems. I did have to take the rubber pad off my head clamp, though, and cut a notch into the metal, as the top cross is interfered with otherwise.

This is a replacement pad for head and throat clamps (which I have just described removing). It looks like it will fit Pro's Pro and Eagnas Combo machines, among others.

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    How did you cut a notch into the metal? I have the same issue with certain types of rackets like the NS-9000 . . . Please take a few photos of the notch for us. Thanks!

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Pete - just for you:).

There's enough room in the notch for the top cross of a 22 x 23 pattern, which is all I need for badders.

Attached Files:

8. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Wow, that looks a bit drastic! Could the yellow bit on the mounting point be taken off instead (or even chopped off =p)?

Was planning to get some of those load spreaders from mbs, but seeing that I have the same/similar machine as you've (Pro's pilot?) I thought I better get some opinions first.

9. bchan1986

bchan1986 Regular Member

you can get them from mybadmintonstore.com cheaper than shuttle house

10. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Regular Member

Wow thanks for digging up and replying to my old post haha.
    Yes I got a pair of them from MBS already once they started selling them and the work great (okay... or they made me feel safer if they aren't really necessary)

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Even with the yellow pad removed, the notch is necessary:mad:. Well spotted - I do have the Pilot - and the load spreader works fine with my "modification" (more like mutilation, actually).

12. bchan1986

bchan1986 Regular Member

your from hong kong lol i'm chinese too, i'm goin back there for summer, where you live in HK i live in new territory, Yeun long:) may be we could be meet up for some bad, if you live close.