Looking for drop-in games in the Richmond area

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by abeku, May 5, 2008.

1. abeku

abeku Regular Member

Student
    I am based in the Washington DC area now and play regularly (consider myself an intermediate/advanced player). I will be visiting Richmond from May 13th -through the 19th. The Clear one and Richmond Pro Courts look excellent.

Can I join a group or would anyone like to join me for drop in sessions at Clear One or Richmond Pro. I am flexible for a morning or evening session.

Looking through previous threads looks like visitors are having a difficult time finding partners in both these clubs :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks !

2. abeku

abeku Regular Member

Student
    Called up ClearOne. Excellent receptionist/customer service rep just like Richmond Pro. I was told that week day mornings is allotted for drop ins. A mix of players on weekdays with more advanced players on Saturday mornings.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    If you want to see the crowd.

Come Friday night at Richmond Pro at 8pm to 12am.
    Clear One Saturday morning (9 m - 1 pm) and afternoon (1pm - 5pm)
    You can also come Sunday at Clear One drop afternoon only drop-in (12pm - 3pm).

I'll be there.

#3 Matt, May 8, 2008
    Last edited: May 8, 2008
  4. abeku

abeku Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the tip Matt. I am looking forward to playing in these courts. In the US I play on indoor basketball courts so it would be great to play on a genuine "green" badminton court :)

Will try and make it on the days you suggested but I might end up visiting family on the weekend.

5. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

Haha ya drop ins are great, just make sure you dont go alone though... no matter how good or bad... you play, aloot of people are already paired up and its such a hassle to ask then move on to the next person 1 feet away and then ask again =)