Team INA in Thomas & UBER 2008

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by newjazz, Apr 23, 2008.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    agree... if we meet china, ina must field TH as 1st MS... Th's chance of defeating lindan is bigger than sony's..

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't think Simon has good chance beating Bao. His chance against CJ is much bigger IMHO.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A brave pick for FINALE but hard to see INA can win 3-1 with SDK elimination from players line-up and placing Simon as MS2.

Simon vs BCL, 0-4 (taken from BWF head-to-head statistics record)

I think PBSI certainly will play its main weapon to face CHN in final day, and the chance to win is still open for INA, line-up prediction as follows :

MS1 -- SDK vs LD
    MD1 -- Kido/Setiawan vs Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng
    MS2 -- TH vs BCL (best hope for INA to steal point beside 2 MD pairs)
    MD2 -- Candra/Nova vs Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo
    MS3 -- Simon Santoso vs Chen Jin

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Hm..just hope INA can go to final first.............anything can happen here...MAS/KOR can make our INA's life difficult....never ever underestimate your opponents...this is team event..different from individual...

5. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

hmm:cool::rolleyes:...same with my prediction in past posting as below:

this INA skuad has high probability to steal 3 points agains CHN
    MS: SDK, TH, SS
    MD: MK/HS, NW/CW or Joko/Hendra

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    hmm.... TH upsetting BCL is a hard act.... 1 year ago, I would have said absolutely, but now...

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

TH usually has problem playing Bao. The last 2 matches have been rubber though, with TH winning the 1st and losing the rest. It'll be interesting to see what he can do IF his stamina is improved.

Besides, there's always the crazy INA fans factor :D.

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I guess CHN will field CJ in Ms 2 and CY in MS 3 while facing INA....

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

If I remember correctly, BCL led TH 3:1 before 2006.

Then in 2006 TH beated BCL 3 times in a row. Then in 2007 BCL beated TH 3 times in a row.

So I think starting 2006, TH does not has problem playing BCL anymore, meaning TH knows what he should do to play BCL, the question is: Does he have the ability to carry out his plan?

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

IMHO that is definitely a losing line-up. Remember how Simon toyed CY in Swiss 07? :cool: Simon definitely improved in the past year, while CY IMHO stayed the same.

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    But CJ will be a better bet to play against TH compare with Bao who is mentally weak...

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I disagree. IMHO BCL is a better player than CJ and don't forget after 2006, CJ is the only one among the Chinese top 3 that has been beaten by TH (2007 INA Open, 1st round, CJ lost 9:21 in the 1st game and was again totally outplayed in the 3rd -- TH reached match point 20:11 if I remember correctly).

I think in this Thomas Cup BCL vs. TH is 50:50 while CJ vs. TH is 45:55.

13. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    In that case we'll steal the game from Chen Yu...I mean Andre can beat Chen Yu and I think Simon can beat him as well

14. Bombat

Bombat Regular Member

Go Thomas and Uber Team...:)

I think Thomas team is strong enough and has the chance to win..

And Uber team needs to play all out and just be cool..

Senayan...i'm coming...:D:D

15. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Very interesting line-up. It is surprising, but INA is known for their resourcefulness when it comes to team tournament. Candra-factor will be the greatest factor. Like somebody mentions before, any pair with Candra in it makes a fearsome pair. He is truly the most dangerous double player today. Well, I'm sure Indonesian officials have something up their sleeves. Coaches have lots of things to consider so let's not judge them just yet. They are like generals and generals don't tell their troops everything, do they? Just one quotation: You have to deceive your friends before you can deceive the enemy. As history has written in the past, Indonesian officials are master of the game when it comes to this. So, let's sit back, enjoy the tournament and cheers hard for our country ;)

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Eerrmm..

..did you watch or follow last yr's Sudirman Cup tourney??..Do you know what happened when INA faced CHN in the Finals??..
    As far as Candra "being the most dangerous doubles players today", ehm, if that's for MD or even XD, i think one has to look at what Mr. Lee Yong Dae (or a few BCers who like to call him sunDAE Lee;)) has done recently.:cool:

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    chandra had exhausted after playing againts eng pair, it would be different if chandra/markis met cai/fu first :p

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Didn't Candra Wijaya/Markis Kido beat Anthony Clark/Robert Blair the previous night to secure the all-important 3rd pt in the last tie (which stretched to past midnight HKG time if I remembered correctly) that guaranteed the final spot? That's a vital pt for Team INA and Candra's contribution was massive! Remember that Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan lost 2 consecutive times against Clark/Blair before the SF matchup. That's the reason why the coaches decided not to field Kido/Hendra.

Candra/Kido only lost to the faster and more attack-oriented Fu/Cai, nothing ashamed about that. Kido/Hendra could have lost too if they were played. I would say that pairing up Candra with any players certainly will add an element of unpredictability.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

...exhausted or not or playing against a faster and more attack-oriented pair or not, that's the reality with having the current Candra...His prime time had passed..
    ...Candra's presence could probably add an element of surprise or unpredictability, but i don't think any "current" pairing (w/him) will be a "fearsome" pair; or him being "the most dangerous doubles player today" (as byelnats mentioned)..;)..If it was, say, 6-7 yrs ago, then yeah, i would probably say so (him and Tony)...:cool:

#79 ctjcad, May 5, 2008
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Although I agree that his prime time has certainly passed, Candra Wijaya's spirit and presence in the team will definitely be an added bonus. I may not agree with his partnership with Nova Widianto, but, they have proven that they can beat Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man in the SF and nearly stole the second set in the Final match against Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae, if not for the sudden surge of points late in the game.

Let's consider who Candra might face in the Thomas Cup matches as a potential MD2:
    vs Malaysia -- stand a chance against either of the 3 pairs.
    vs Denmark -- Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen or Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (definitely beatable)
    vs Korea -- Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man (beat them before as mentioned above)
    vs China -- Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo (high chance of winning against them, compared to Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi)