lin dan being conned in JB?

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2008' started by winnie, Apr 19, 2008.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Lin Dan lost money in JB

So... The thread title that winnie had selected (with the question mark) is correct. It was a question, not a statement.

Perhaps the thread could have been titled "Lin Dan lost money in JB". :eek::eek::eek:

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Lost money is better than Being Conned.

3. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

what I see here is imagination + prejudice.
    we are not child; we all know what kind of trick of this "deposit" thing, all over the world, not only in JB.
    even if u do not like sb, this is still not the justification u can applaud his misfortue.
    I am not going for a debat here. period.

4. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Provided this incident actually happened. It wasnt reported in the English or Malay or mainstream Chinese press (Nanyang & Sin Chew).
    Anyway, from my own experience, the dealer/owner normally wouldnt refund the $$$ but allows the customer to choose another model. And they tell the customer upfront. If they dont I would think LD is smart enuf to ask if the deposit is refundable if he rejects the particular hp model.
    It's bad for business if they outright refuse to refund - unless LD refuse to purchase other models.

TO be fair to both sides, there are difficult customers who are very fussy & then accuse sellers/dealers of cheating them when the customer dont like the product - whilst agreeing to all the terms & conditions before that. After that, bad mouth the seller.
    If you're in the customer service/sales line you would know.

Or could just communication problem. Though Mandarin is widely spoken in Msia, I find China's Mandarin a bit tough to understand at times.