Lin Dan punched coach Ji Xinpeng

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by rwchen, Apr 9, 2008.

1. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Shifty's post is a good summary, till the time zone shifts again and Malaysian posters take to the forum again.

Badminton in any country is not a personal sport, and national associations are behind national players. There is no way there will be public condemnation of Lin Dan, even by Ji Xin Peng, in China's environment. This is not breaking news.

This is a bad situation for Lin Dan, for his personal image, for sure. But he has yet to display a consistent pattern of bad behaviour, when compared to Taufik Hidayat who is, was, another public figure.

-dave

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Talking about TH..at least he never gets involve like KO incident as well as assaulting his coach....actually TH awarded his coach a house after winning Olympic/WC...and stay loyal to him until now...remember that TH almost moved to Singapore when his coach trained there...

I beg you to differ on this matter...TH is not a violent person....You can not compare TH to LD at all...

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

He's referring to an incident which happened in some local tourney where Taufik actually assaulted/threw something at a fan???

I would say that BOTH Lin Dan and Taufik get pretty emotional quicky....but...that is probably the trait of a great champion?? Hmm....

Nevertheless, I agree with your point that Taufik NEVER SHOW ANY DISRESPECT to his coach! He might had some disagreements with the top brass....but....I can't even think of him actually involved in any incident with any coach in Pelatnas. That will get him a straight punishment. Maybe Krisna or other INA-based BCers will correct me on this.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Latest headline: 林丹承认道歉拒认打人
    Lin Dan conceded that he had apologized to Ji Xinpeng, but, he still refused to admit that had beaten Ji.

为什么林丹在事情发生的4月8日没有道歉,而在媒体关注这件事情后道歉呢?林丹解释说:“我开始觉得这件事情不大,没放在心上。”林丹在电话里介绍了道歉的过程,“我是昨天下午道歉的,整个过程很简单。因为这件事影响了中国羽毛球队的声誉,所以我向教练吉新鹏道歉了。我当时确实是态度不好,太急躁了。”

When asked on why Lin did not apologize when the incident happened on 8th April, but only did that after the media got to know of this matter? Lin Dan explained: "I initially thought that this is a trivial matter, so, I didn't really put it to heart." Lin Dan also elaborated on the apology, "I called up yesterday afternoon to apologize, that's how simple it was. Because this incident had affected the reputation of the China Badminton Team, so, I decided to apologize to coach Ji Xinpeng. I admitted that my attitue was bad at that moment, I was too emotional."

前天,他还言之凿凿地说:“报道严重损害了我个人以及中国羽毛球队的形象,对于这篇报道的作者,我们保留追究法律责任的权利。”但昨天他表示,现在的训练比赛很紧张,他根本没时间来追究始作俑者。

Remember on the part when Lin Dan himself wrote in his first response towards the incident that he reserved the rights to sue the author of the original piece of news which shocked the badminton world? Now, he expressed that the tightness of the training schedule means that he will not have the time to take further action against the author :confused:

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    How did TH get involved in this thread?

:D:D:D How did TH get involved in this thread?

IMHO, I have always seen TH as a person who speaks out or shows aggressive behaviour towards an establishment, for example PBSI, BWF, tournament organisers, etc..., but not against an individual, an opponent player or a coach. So it's not a personal matter.

However, going back to LD... I see LD's behaviour differently. When LD is unhappy, it is mostly personal, showing aggressive behavior towards an individual. Anyway, that's how I see them... perhaps, I am wrong. :eek::eek::eek:

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    its time for lie detector test to find out the truth. The truth is out there.

7. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

yup..there was no punch ..but LD did push JXP strongly , then was pull away by teammate, but LD seems was gonna punch JXP if he was not pull away.

8. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    how did you know? can you elaborate?

9. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

i have a friend that is very good friend with some players on the team. can't really tell who told my friend..but both of players are playing double.

10. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i think 10 pages of this is sufficient now .... surely we must have discussed this to death by now ....

11. Cindyy

Cindyy Regular Member

sure....keep going:)

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    You must be the only few who think Lin Dan never lie before. In Korea Open, he threw the racket at Li Mao direction and denied until the video showed up then he said because Li Mao provoked him ... Please, we all know he's one of the greatest player on court with lousy attitude, really not that hard to see it.
    So what if he didn't punch coach Ji instead was just a hard push, so he didn't lie? Lin Dan even denied any incident ever happen at beginning until pressure from Ji Xinpeng(turned off his handset is a smart way and putting "case closed" in his blog also secure his job, in my opinion.)
    I voted Lin Dan "Man Of The Year" as I don't think he can be beaten by anyone on court not because he never lie!

13. victory

victory Regular Member

When you punch or push or argue or show disrespect in public to your coach( or combination of all these behaviours), that is suffice to say you are so low in character. To respect someone that help us to grow and get better is so basic as a human. I believe this is not just part of easten culture but in the western world as well.

Ha Ha Ha I don't believe some people still want to defend Lin dan! Lin Dan is so low in character. Arrogant, bad tempered, dishonest( and someone said he never lied!:eek:),manipulative(just like Li Yong Bo), bad attitude( on court and outside court) and many more lousy characters are associated with him.In my opinion, he is a very good badminton player but he fail to earn respect like his chinese world no 1 predecessor like Yang Yang and Jao Jian Hua. In fact he brought much shame to Chinese badminton team.

If you understand mandarin and you follow chinese news, you will see that Ji did not deny Lin Dan punched him. Ji just say "there were some unhappy incident between Lin Dan and I and Lin dan apologies to me" and " to put the group interest above everything, I do not want to pursue this incident further. thank you for your concern".

Even a blind man can understand this means Ji hinted Lin Dan did punch him. Ohterwise, why shouldn't Ji just says "Lin Dan did not punch me". Ji must be under a lot of pressure. That is why he has choosen to use the phrase" to put group interest above everything........".

The rest of players and coaches denied the whole incident is understandable. They are all under pressure not to tell the truth.Look, even the victim were pressured not to tell the truth!

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    FYI, JXP is a coach but not LD's coach.
    I believe JXP is the china coach for the jr team.
    I believed that lyb is financialy well off that he doesn't need someone less wealthy to buy him a car or a house.

yes, we shouldn't compare LD to TH because LD hasn't yet beaten up a fan or insulted someone in the public or disobey his team management yet

#174 cooler, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  15. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Now.. first of all, I already posted earlier stating that NO MATTER Lin Dan punch JI or not, I disagree with the fact that he got into a heated argument with his coach.

However, your post is nothing more than your personal assumption of the situation. It is not enough to prove that Lin Dan is guilty of the actual punching act... You weren't there to witness the incident, and you don't even know Lin Dan personally.. then how do you know that "Lin Dan is so low in character. Arrogant, bad tempered, dishonest( and someone said he never lied!:eek:),manipulative(just like Li Yong Bo), bad attitude( on court and outside court) and many more lousy characters are associated with him."????????(from your post)

That is nothing more than your personal feelings toward Lin Dan with no real fact basis support your claim.

but like I said before, no matter what, Lin Dan has done a bad thing this time.

#175 bananakid, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  16. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Not true, he had very heated argument with Icuk in the training hall.

17. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with this statement with his speaking out toward an establishment but he was behaving badly in many instances toward spectators and remember the car accident during the IO? didn't he had a fight with the other driver. and during National championship, he threw a punch to spectator who insulted him.

18. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    This kid is ill who need help. LD and many like TH although by age are not young but because the environment that they have been brought out to, make them very inexperience in resolving problems. They been looked after in tunnel like environment, very little interaction with outside world of badminton. Many sport celebrities suffer the same kind of behavior. They need immediate help and the best help is from sport counselor.
    In the case of LD, he is under tremendous pressure from expectation. May be from himself or people around him. OG is the tip of the Badminton achievement right now because all the other tournament like WC has lost it glamour (due to frequency, like TH once said.) and LD expectation is very high to win for his host country. From the past OG that haunt him, it does not help him.
    He need help from the expert !, just imagine if he fails in OG.
    Remember what happen to Lius Pongoh, Sven Pri and may be many more which carry depression in they life as a result of success and failure that they can't handle.
    Today science in sport is more commonly use. Suggest it to them to see sport counselor if you thing that you know him or his close friend. Defending his behaviour is not helping him, in contrary you are making it worst.

19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It does not matter if JXP is Junior coach or not LD' coach...you still should not assault the coach....period!!
    ..In KO incident..it explained everything...;);)
    LYB is head coach like Christian Hadinata...Mulyono is TH's coach....

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    did i say assaulting anyone is right or forgiveable?
    please re-read what i have corrected on your original post.
    please do not add or subtract what is have written