Ashaway Rackets: The most durable rackets in the world?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jsandhu, Apr 5, 2008.

1. jsandhu

jsandhu Regular Member

I have own a fair amount of rackets and I have also broken a fair amount but this all ended when I started using ashaways.
    I also know of noone who has ever broken an Ashaway Racket.
    Are they really that durable?

2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Stop making the font so big!!!!
    There is no need for you to try to put so much emphasis into your inquiries. It is also not necessary to make so many threads. Just ask your questions in one thread.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    <irony>Yes of course they are unbreakable!!!</irony>

/T

4. kevyeoh

kevyeoh Regular Member

i still have one of the Ashway old model racket...serves me well as a backup racket only but i hardly use it...so maybe that's why i don't break any ashway racket yet?

:)

5. 2ol2play

2ol2play Regular Member

retired
    Ashway rackets are made in Shenzen China and are made from the same materials that other makers use....No racket is unbreakable...I have a Karakal M-Tec 80 strung at 28x30 and it has been in many clashes plus it has broken 2 other players rackets and it has only a minor chip in the paint....Maybe you are only familiar with Yonex which is really quite fragile...The best way to keep from breaking a racket is to play with the same partner all the time:D

6. persona

persona Regular Member

banker
    never play with new guys with expensive player :crying:

7. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

I've broken two,... my current one (which i never play on) has lasted a year so far. they are well made rackets, but just don't have the balance and solidity of other similarly priced rackets made by the bigger boys e.g. Yonex etc....

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I believe u what u meant was racket..not player..:)

9. morewood1

morewood1 Regular Member

My Nano Titanium has more paint missing than it has left, yet the frame is still stable. I have of course rehandled it and restrung it and replaced grommits plenty of times but as I say the frame remains intact.

10. Akambo

Akambo New Member

I even tried to eat them and they wont break!!!!!!!!!

11. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Regular Member

Typical n00b mistake. You have to cook it properly before you try to eat it. :p

12. Haha84

Haha84 Regular Member

Student
    My previous Ashaway racket lasted me for a few years... I even had it strung up to 26Lbs when the racket had some cracks. It finally broke of when one of my partners clashed into mine... So IMO I think generally Ashaway rackets are quite durable and the rackets are good!

13. qingshun

qingshun Regular Member

Huh? Ashaway unbreakable. I still remember my friend ashaway racket sink in after strung at a mere 24 lbs. So unbreakable can't be coined for all ashaway rackets. If it's is unbreakable, I should not be seeing my friend who is sponsor by ashaway broke all his ashaway rackets.

14. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    I suspect it depends an awful lot on the model.
    Ashaway make some super-light 5U rackets and some heavy, kevlar reinforced rackets. I would not expect them to be at all comparable in terms of strength.
    I do think they're a generally very under-rated brand though.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have seen about 7-8 break in the last couple of months, so I wouldn't be too sure over their durability. Also they weren't strung more than 25lbs. So it's not that great durability.

16. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

LOL, breaking a racket or not, depend on your luck and level of understanding with your partners. I've played badminton for about a decade now, and NEVER break any racket at all (have owned and still own about ~25 rackets up to this point), but some of my old rackets that i gave or lent to friends/relatives, got broken by them.

And even factoring racket type, i actually a fan of lightweight rackets (owning 5U rackets from Hart, Forza, ProAce) and they're sturdy enough, even with standard 25-26 lbs strung with machine.

From actual experience, my Hart Nano Offensive 76 (76 g) and ProAce Titanium Dream (5 U) has taken victims, though not necessarily being the agressor in the first place, LOL.

In one occasion, a partner's Victor BraveSword 3U racket hit that ProAce feather racket with ferocious swing, yet my ProAce came out with a paint chip @12 o'clock frame spot while that Victor ended up with a small crack @3 o'clock frame spot.