Rexy: Fairuzzizan/Latif to replace KKK/TBH for Beijing 2008

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Dato A, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    ants, thank you :)

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    thanks a lot, ants.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

He he, now you know why stimes I dont post the news piece from Malay press. KKK/TBH would be up against TBS/Ong(Msia no 4 MD & they are team mates in senior squad) in Finals. Can go either way, TBS/Ong defeated Gan/Lin, Gan/lin defeated KKK/TBH, KKK/TBH defeated uncles.... they know either other's game well enuf. Samuel watched at stadium yesterday & gave his 'report' in the National GP thread.

Ants, your translation good also(hint, hint), some words better choice than what I would have used.

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    tbs/osh may beat kkk/tbh coz they also wnat to prove to Rexy that they also manage to settle the unce upon a time 's greatest pair in malaysia, and some said in the world...

For sure, kkk/tbh will be playing under GREAT PRESSURE...

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Fiaruz/Zakri didnt take part in National GP?

6. eaglehelang

Yup, under pressure they will be.
    That's why I said can go either way, KKK/TBH have lost to team mates even in the best of times (like in local tourney right after 2006 AG gold medal win), TBS/Ong at their best have beaten Fu/Cai, just depends on who plays better on the day.

Win or lose,it's Rexy's perspective of assessment that's important. Normally Rexy looks more than win or lose (that's what Rexy has said a couple of times in press statements) but team work, trusting one's partner, fighting spirit -> team work is sthing he wants to see from KKK/TBH, as you know, they have been having prob in this area.

Just saw your question on Fuzzy pair, they have to participate in 2007 local tourneys & gather enuf points, they didnt qualify for Finals. You can read our Ayu's explaination on that in National GP thread, last 3 pgs or so.
    Our MD, 4 pairs qualified, new pairing Hoon/Wee Kiong of course cannot qualify, Fuzzy didnt, maybe quota full for "senior" section.
    They must allocate place for juniors like the back MD Lim/Mak, and Ong/partner, BJSS MD.

#226 eaglehelang, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  7. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

Sunday March 30, 2008

Chong Wei aims to extend record haul next year

By LOGANATH VELLOO

ALOR STAR: Lee Chong Wei equalled his coach Misbun Sidek’s record of six men’s singles national titles after winning the 2007 Proton National Grand Prix Badminton Finals last night.
    The top seed, who is undefeated in the local circuit since 2002, needed just 25 minutes to beat second seed Tan Chun Seang 21-17, 21-7 in the final at the Kedah BA Hall here.
    Chong Wei then declared that he planned to go one better than his mentor next year.
    “It is a big honour to be able to match Misbun’s feat. Although I had earlier contemplated quitting the local scene after this win, I want the record all for myself now. I will compete in local tournaments for at least another year,” said Chong Wei.
    “I have not decided whether to compete in the ABC (Asian Badminton Championships) in Johor Baru next month and I need to consult Misbun first,” added the world No. 2.
    For his efforts, Chong Wei took home RM7,000 while Chun Seang won RM3,600.
    In the men’s doubles, top seeds Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong ended their barren run this year after successfully defending their national title against Ong Soon Hock-Tan Bin Shen in the final.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong won 21-14, 14-21, 21-17 to seal their second straight national title and the RM11,000 purse.
    Women’s singles top seed Julia Wong bagged her second national title after halting the giant-killing run of Bukit Jalil Sports School student Tee Jing Yi.
    The 21-year-old Julia, however, had to dig deep into her reserves to tame the 17-year-old 21-13, 14-21, 21-10. Julia took home RM4,000 while Jing Yi was richer by RM2,000.
    There was further misery for Jing Yi when she also fell at the final hurdle of the women’s doubles event. The Lydia Cheah-Jing Yi scratch partnership lost to Fong Chew Yen-Mooi Hing Yau 21-14, 16-21, 21-16.
    There was a surprise in the mixed doubles final when Mohd Razif Latif-Chong Sook Chin bagged their first national title by stunning world junior champions Lim Khim Wah-Ng Hui Lin 21-7, 21-19. This was the first time that Razif-Sook Chin have won a tournament since being paired up last year

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    kkk/tbh already bounce back. the next target is ABC CHAMPIONSHIPS, then OG 08. hURRAY!!

mALAYSIA BOLEH! kookoo and tantan boleh!!

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

So very typical of Malaysia Boleh.

Hello bro, that NGP is nothing la but a picnic of a tourney. KKK/TBH winning that NGP doesnt mean they have bounced back and all. Lets not kid ourselves.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I know that, u know that but others dont.

11. hollywood_t

hollywood_t Regular Member

What's up here ... why are the women getting way less prize money? Is it still the case that women are underfunded vs. the men as well? It will be tough to produce world beaters w/ unequal resources.

12. eaglehelang

It's already discussed a few pages back, we know that very, very well, the coaches & players know that extremely well (and said so). Just wait & see what Rexy does ;)

#232 eaglehelang, Apr 4, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You can have the best coach in the world, but if your shuttlers are big time Charlies, you still wont make it.

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Izzit the right time now for us to conclude that - KKK/TBH are not going to be replaced by Fairuz/Zakry?

Found something similiar between KKK/TBH with LD...

One is under-performing, another is trouble-making, but still they have the chance to play in OG08 simply because there were no others players as strong as, or i might said, has better chances to win medals in OG08 as compared to them.

PITY CHN and MAS....

15. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    And noooow... After both pairs lost heroically, what is Rexy's decision?

16. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Shouldn't be a question to begin with, especially with KKK/TBH beating Fuzzy's pair.

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Rexy and Uncle Yap have no intention to replace KKK/TBH from the beginning, i guess.

No matter what is the result produce by our hero, kkk/tbh, they sure go to beijing.

THEY FORCED TO DO SO....

18. winnie

winnie Regular Member

after all i still see that kkk-tbh combination has higher chance to produce better result compared to zakry-fairuz

19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    CORRECT!!

That is why they will never be replace coz they always being compared to the team that is not in their level.

Imagine Markis Kido/Hendrawan is under mas team, sure they will be replaced!

20. winnie

winnie Regular Member

u are saying something that is imposibble.. so no point leh.. the reality is that in mas team we dont have other better players that can take up their place yet