Peel High School Badminton around the corner

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by masson, Mar 14, 2008.

1. B3li3v3n

B3li3v3n New Member

Haha nice. We should do that next time. Not only the gym is hot and loud and our stuff kept on falling down... it also stinks haha.

2. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

So ramster are u coming to the tournament this year? Wait are u Tamil? lol and noones told me what racquet there using at the tournament yet.

3. masson

masson Regular Member

At the Lincoln tourney I saw pplz using like $200 racquets (like the ns 9k, and mp 100) what a waste of money. I myself am using a Muscle Power 28 Control (got it brand new for $60). Since I am from turner this is what gonna happen. On Wednesday these 3 events will take place: Boys Doubles, Girls Singles, Girls Doubles. We have about 14 courts that we will be using. The 14 courts are split between two gyms. 8 courts in the North Hall Gym, and 6 Courts in the South Hall gym. I am gonna warn you guys that North Hall and South Hall isn't linked, they are two seperate buildings. So if you are moving in between North Hall and South Hall, be sure to keep your jacke and pants with you (it will be cold outside). And our bleachers are not gonna be like the ones at Lincoln. No stuff will fall under. On Wednesday I am actually in charge at the score table (you will be reporting your scores to me). And I am playing singles on Thursday. The fee for each event is $5 and we will be using the new flight system.

4. B3li3v3n

B3li3v3n New Member

Are you sure on Wednesday it's doubles and girl singles? My coach said Singles and mixed are ALL on Thursday...

5. masson

masson Regular Member

Sry bout that you are rite B3li3v3n. So this is how it is: Wednesday - Boys Doubles, Girls Doubles. Thursday - Mixed Doubles, Boys Singles, Girls Singles.

6. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Yeah Im coming to turner lol, and yeah Im tamil :p As for rackets Im gonna be using my ti-10s ^_____^

7. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

Ramster im pretty sure i saw u last year at the john fraser tournament... As for my raquet im using an MP100 or and MP21. Cant decide. The thing is i actully play better for doubles with my MP21.lol

8. masson

masson Regular Member

Woah. Where do you guys get the money to buy MP 100 or Ti-10? Probably you guys have a job. As for me my dad doesn't want me to get a job at least until I graduate out of High school and I respect that.

9. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    LOL you might have. Was it a closed tournament? If so then I wouldve have been there since I was "open" last year xD Actually wait a minute Im not sure anymore...Was there a guy from Pointforce there? (stringing rackets?) If so then I was there :p lol but I was playing doubles at the time. And I dont have a job LOL, I got these rackets as gifts:D:p

10. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

Yea the chinese guy u mean? i can't remmber if he was from that tournament but i do remember him. Neways im sure ill see u this year. Im playing doubles this year. And possibly singles for roppsa qualifying. So about the tournament...is there lots of place to sit and relax with your team at rick hansen? Is there places to roam? Or will it be cramped for space like most schools. Also the floors of the gym, are they like streetsvilles (never been cleaned in their life). Also lots of wait time inbetween games? Also side note for Ramster:

Thumbe, nenga doubles or singles?

11. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    LOL :p Im playing singles for this tourny, and if that doesnt go so well then Ill revert back to mixed. Im not too sure if Ive been to turner before or not xD

Nan singles - (did I do that right smashis xD)

12. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

lol yea...LOOLLL.

13. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

Yea ill be at the turner tourney, from central peel and our school isnt Huge on badminton but we still have a team and some decent players and this is gonna be the first year i get to go turner coz our school never enters that one... eventho we are like 20 mins away from the school. Im not sure how the 2 building thing is gonna work.. i just hope i dont have to walk around too often.

14. masson

masson Regular Member

xkenji. You ken from the YMCA?

15. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

Lmao nahhh Kens my partner this year tho... why dont u tell me what u think of him.

16. masson

masson Regular Member

Bout having two building, the way it works is that certain disciplines will be in the north/south hall gyms. So you don't have to keep switching back and forth for ure matches (unless they are the finals for which I think they tell you to come back to north)

17. masson

masson Regular Member

Anybody here junior? The tryouts for the junior team finally started at my school. Anybody know of tournaments for juniors this year?

18. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

yea theres 2 invitational for the john fraser juniors but i cant remember the schools ill check for u if u want.

19. Smashis

Smashis Regular Member

How'd everyone do at Turner Fenton? Lol i placed 3rd in Flight C. We faced some insane guys first round and they beat us 21-14, 18-21, 21-18. Flight C were a bunch of amateurs and my partner fuked up everything in the semis by changing his raquet and playing with one hes never touched in his life. Results were disasterous

20. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Im going tommorrow, my buddies came 2nd in flight c and they are saying the same thing lol, both flight c and b were lame. Flight A was STACKED O_O