New Yonex racket : Armortec 700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Apr 1, 2003.

1. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Good point BRL,

I am a bit sceptical about it all as well, that's why I held off in getting one. But I will try it out first before forming any opinion about it.

I agree with your comments about adding weight and flexy handle is an old trick, as Gosen and Carlton has been doing this for a while. So much for Yonex being at forefront of technological innovation!

In my opinion, the rackets that really moved the goalpost with technical innovation from Yonex are Cab8, Cab20, Ti-10, IsoSwingPower series and MP90.

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Sorry but apparantly i misunderstood my friend...but check asby's as they get their racquets in earlier than other stores in the US.

3. TI-SP-SS dude

TI-SP-SS dude Regular Member

what is the site for "asby's"

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

www.asby.com you should also check the online retailers section of badmintoncentral.

5. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Excuse me Mr. Lou

The reason I kept quitely in the first place, is because I cannot confirm the arrival date, as I don't want everyone rush to the shop than find out no racket then saids "Jazz is lying!!!"

And some of the forum DID NOT allow shop name appear, (no free adv). So with all due respect, I prefer not to show the name in the public forum.

And finally, everyone here I find it very polite indeed, to respect the rest of the badminton lover here, could you please show a little respect to yourself and others? I found your sentence are really rude. If you hate to repeat questions, then don't ask.

6. Chu Pa

Chu Pa Regular Member

YY up to its old tricks...

big, very good disection of the AT. YY loves to glorify things when it simply is sticking weights(titanium strips on the head). This is why YY is the market leader. They can take a simple idea and turn it into something new which we know is not. The loyalists of YY will certainly be glad to whip out their wallets to make payment for the AT as YY knows it. Their marketing department is to than for this wonderful Armourtec technology. :) I will demo the racquet to see how it compares to the other racquets. Can I find a baddy store in HK that allows people to demo racquets? I wish Yo's was in HK as I could demo the racquet free of charge. :) I know Yo's charges but this is the freebie I get from him. :)

7. Chu Pa

Chu Pa Regular Member

Re: AT700 vs MP100

Thanks for replying. :)

8. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Chu Pa,

You didn't turn up last time to my club. I might get the racket tonight, If you want, you are welcome to join us, so you can try out the racket. (Again, if I can get the racket tongiht hehe)

Jazz

9. TI-SP-SS dude

TI-SP-SS dude Regular Member

OK... so here i am again with a question for JChen and all of you.

Jchen, you put in the hyperlink with the picture.....yes i clicked on it and i saw it (i've seen it many times) but it still does not tell me where AT700 fits in.

anyways, what is AT700 ? doubles offensive? singles offensive? double/single defensive?

10. DanielLou

DanielLou Regular Member

Student
    (Execuse me, Mr. Jazz)

HERE YOU ARE!!! It is harsh but I couldn't think of a better way to repeat the question and get response from a person (I find) as polite and respectful as you are who keep ignoring it.

And (I found) your answer (are) really contradictive. (Please) go back read your posts here and make sure you confirm what you've posted.

And finally, no haste in judging a person.

11. double

double Regular Member

It's offensive and more toward the double side(top - left).

http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/feature/mp/style.html

12. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Mr Lou,

Please be sure that who's being in-respctful in the first place. Who is "Hey the racket shop guy?"

I do have a nick name in the forum.

And is my reason not reasonable enough and explain good enough WHY I don't prefer to post the shop name here? (NO FREE AD in public forum).
    I never ignore your questions, I had already explain why, if I really DO ignore your questions, I wouldn't even bother to reply you.

My answer is contradictive? Hum, probably yes, as I always said I cannot confirm the racket arrivial date, I only get up-to-date info from the shop owner, I just told you guys what the shop owner told me. He said 19th, then 19th, he now told me 30th, then 30th. may be when I call him tonight, he said "not yet", who knows? I'm not the one who buy the racket from Japan.

One more thing, you were just too harsh on this matter and keep chasing on my back. You found that funny to keep the shop name as my own little secret? I don't think so. And who told you I do?
    There are no such FUN or NOT FUN. And please give me a good damn reason WHY I MUST TELL YOU THE SHOP NAME? I have my reason, and I don't have to be responsible to you right?

And why you are being so pushy on buying this new racket? If you are so eager to order this racket, why don't you hunt around by yourself? Or PM me and ask me the shop name? Some people do and I did answer them about a month ago. There are not much famous racket shop in Hong Kong.

And finally, there's a shop name really called "The Racket shop" in Hong Kong.

Case close.

13. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Moderator's advice

This thread is getting ridiculously long as it is. If you two want to carry on this argument (which I really suggest you don't), then keep it outside this forum, please!

14. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Sorry mag, I didn't expect this to happen. As I said case close. I wouldn't bother to reply that guy any more. Sorry to others as well.

15. DanielLou

DanielLou Regular Member

Student
    Re: Moderator's advice

Sorry for bothering all. I apologize that I've been harsh in wording. What I did was to repeat a question twice in a month and during which I had gone through this long thread everytime finding out no answer. It was just depressing in a moment.

16. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    glide3dfx,

Your review was very interesting.

Currently I use MP90 3U and this is the Yonex racquet I really love in all the racquets I've used in last 3 years (I've bought 4 of them up to now). I like its excellent manuverability and good power - there are many racquets with excellent manuverability but they fall short on generating power.

With this respect, how does the AT700 3U compare with MP90 3U ?

Someone said that AT700 3U can generate power as a 2U racquet ... it is felt like a 2U racquet too ?

It may not be a good news to me if AT700 is really so good ... because it can cost me several hundreds US$ to buy new racquets (one unit is definitely not enough if we use the racquet regularly). :D

As some of you already got the racquet in Japan, I assume that it is available for sales in typical retail stores, right ? As I've an "indirect" friend who will fight to Japan on earlier May, I may ask him to buy the racquet for me ... but I just don't want him to chase around to find the racquet as he is just an "indirect" friend, not a very good friend of me. :)

17. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I found from a site http://www.rs-k2.com/ which said that the 1st batch of racquets will be arrived on late April, and the 2nd batch will be arrived on mid May to end of May. I guess the www.shuttle-house.com didn't get the 1st batch of stocks because they said that they can only deliver the racquet on mid May. :eek:

Based on the description of the Web site, it seems that the 1st batch of stock is mainly for those who ordered the racquet on earlier April, and the price is 15,400 yen.

Anyway, I'll ask my friend who will goto Japan on earlier May to find the racquet in shops like Windsor (I just can't ask him to find a XXX shop with a map ... I can do this myself but it is not good to ask for too much). :(

18. glide3dfx

glide3dfx Regular Member

lad stripes ?!?

No no.. it's definitively not the same as putting lead on the racket head.. I have tried that and that that takes a way lots of the movement for rapid movements for example in doubles defense...

That would probably be as futile as to say the side inserts of titanum on the MP100 could be replaced by lead!!

The titanium is inserted (not "added" on-top (and Ti is quite light ..at least compared to lead ;-) )

The flexpoint seems to be very close to the handle and when doing full speed smashes the whip effekt is highly noticeble.

Hope you get a chanche to try one out yourself.. It's very hard to describe the "feel" of a raquet and of course lots of it boild down to persnal preference. You can't really say that TI-10 is better than MP100 or MP99 , TI-SP etc etc :)

Different pros have different preferences, I guess some will be using AT, other MP, other Ti series etc :)

Cheers,
    TJ

19. glide3dfx

glide3dfx Regular Member

MP90/99 vs AT700

It may be premature of me to draw to much conclusion after only playing with it for about 2 hours... But i feel that it is able to generate more power at least for me than MP99/90 without sacrificing the manouverability which i really think MP90 and TI-SP has the edge compared to TI-10 and MP100.

as you live in Hong Kong I guess you will have rackets there to tryout pretty soon for yourself, right?!?

cheers,
    Glide

20. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Re: lad stripes ?!?

The insert on top is titanium?
    The specs and advertising given to us by Yonex seems to suggest otherwise. According to Yonex, they have added a material that is very heavy to the tip of the racquet. They surely do not mean titanium. Although I have no idea what that material actually is, I'm guessing its effects is no different from lead tape.

You are right about the prefernce thing... I'm sure lots of people like the heavy-tip effect given by armortec and lead tape. I'm just trying to see whether if it really is just something simple or if yonex developed something more interesting.