Rexy: Fairuzzizan/Latif to replace KKK/TBH for Beijing 2008

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by Dato A, Mar 17, 2008.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i dont mind the hairdo or the accessories, because that is just style. but partying or not committed to training, now that i dont think is proper for a professional sportsman who is representing his country.

if indeed he is distracted and he is not committed, then due punishment should be given and he should not be excused simply because he won before. if you want to be a champion, hard work is the only way. the minute you lack drive and determination, you will cease to be a contender. and will start losing on a regular basis and disappoint people who believe in you.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Koo does party.. but he doesn't party until there is no tomorrow. Personally i think Lindan goes out more than KKK.

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    So, u join him for party too ya.:p

4. morphy

morphy Regular Member

yeah I think too much has been made about his partying ways. The difference tho between Koo and LD is LD is producing. Personally I wouldn't care how hard someone partys, what colour they dyed their hair or what jewelery they wear as long as they can produce on court. If KKK/TBH were winning noone would even question his late nite habits or his womanizing ways, allegedly.

I'm also a little taken back by rexy coming out in the open with mtters that are probably best kept and dealt with internally. OTH, he did say he tried to advise him on many occasions and KKK just didnt listen so probably he thought going public is the last recourse for him.

I think Rexy said it best when he says he is not here to coach one player (KKK) but to coach for Malaysia. I'm not even sure KKK appreciates how good he has it.

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    So if he doesn't party that much, he has his feet firmly on the ground and he has a good personality, then he just isn't good enough then?

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

He, he, cos some here will say that it's one sided and all that mah, so must put a qualifying point ;). Coaches under pressure to produce results. Interesting that the person I replied to thought Rexy will made the villian in this issue, it shows from one article can have different interpretation.

Coaches like Li Mao did get blamed for players' performance. Rexy under scrutiny yes, when he resigned 2nd time - due to the "certain parties" questioning his loyality. Early this year, Rexy said it's not "Happy" New Year, it's a year full of pressure.

Stay tuned for part 3 of the drama.....

#66 eaglehelang, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  7. dollielove

dollielove Regular Member

Student

Not agreeee at all...honestly lah, those malays are excellent I admit but they don't have the 'aurors' or internal powers like kien keat..can see that their smashes are not so powerful and cannot beat the Koreans in Swiss Open..They're already leading to 19 but lost at last..same as tan fook-wan wah also..don't think that 20 is already end lol..:mad::mad:

8. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    KKK & TBH aren't really causing great fear themselves nowadays, no?

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    mmmm...I am not so sure. Players take many years and a lot of money to develop coaches are ready made, and can be replaced..no matter how good they are.

I see rexy is in a no win situation almost. If KKK/TBH win OG Gold, then he will be criticised for doubting him and KKK will have all the power.

If KKK/TBH go and do not medal he will be accused of no acting in the best interests.

The Only situation I can see where he wins is if Fairuzzizan/Latif go, win gold and CTF/LWW get another medal.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    But Fairuz/zakry manage to beat KKK/TBH in swiss open....

What we want to see is results, not the so-called 'aurors' or internal powers.

CTF/LWW also producing good results in recent tournaments. But what abt KKK/TBH? KNOCKED OUT IN THE EARLY STAGE!

WHO CARES ABT ''POWER'' IF CANT PRODUCE GOOD RESULTS?

11. eaglehelang

Actually that was what happened in AG 2006, the senior players were dropped, i.e. CCM, CTF/LWW due to poor performance. Fairuz/Lin, KKK/TBH were sent. They failed in team event, KKK/TBH won gold in individual.

In another perspective, even when they lost in team event, Rexy wasnt seen as villian. If they had also failed in individual events, it would have been Yap Kim Hock's head on the chopping block, the powers-that-be want Rexy, the chief coach's dispenseable. The NSC Director has made some cutting remarks about Yap in public.

Rexy is seen in high regard cos he brought Msia to win AG & AE after so many years. So, if uncles & fuzzy are sent & dont win medals, but LCW wins medal, not so bad.

Anyway, it's not finalised yet, Rexy is the more "dramatic" type, the ending could anti-climax.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    So What I said still stands then. he did this before and the risk paid off. at OG the risk is higher as bigger risk for one (Fairuz/Lin are not in the same potential level as KKK/TBH) and higher profile. AG comes every 2 years.

I agree about YKH. His title is Head coach.........although I am not sure how much control he has over rexy:rolleyes: he will be the one to go, since he is "supposed" to be in overall control. Rexy is the golden boy!:D

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Tet...wrong....AG, like the Olympics comes every 4 years. The last one was in 2006 (Doha) and the next one will be in 2010 (Guangzhou).

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    My apologies, I was confusing this with ABC.......:eek::eek::eek:

At least I was right OG is higher profile though:p

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Lights Out

Koo Kien Keat is hardly the first champ-in-the-making (or, to be harsher, wannabe champ) felled by an immature reading of fame. Fame is a heady elixir... and, as soon as it goes to the head, it morphs into failure (or worse, notoriety).

For sustained success, a commitment to partying and macho accoutrement is no substitute for a commitment to the element that generated the fame - which, in KKK's case, is badminton.

Even in controlled doses, fame can be debilitating if not handled with care. Names like Diego Maradona, Mike Tyson, George Best, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears should ring several bells ;)

Closer to home, KKK could learn a lesson or two from Taufik Hidayat's barren run. At the risk of displeasing many, I'd say Hidayat is another example of brilliant talent corroded by a fondness for off-court distractions. Had he fully committed himself to the game, he would have been a legend. Instead, he's now forced to play in the shadow of a determined champion named Lin Dan.

If, like many before him, KKK continues to chase the bright lights beyond the arena rather than pursue achievable and sustained success, it won't take long for his fading star to be eclipsed by new rising suns.

For now, the writing on Koo Kien Keat's wall is clear: The Party Is Over :eek:

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Agree with this one. I think maybe it's time for Rexy to leave.

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    then welcome back home REXY :D

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Man when I first read this I thought you had swallowed a thesaurus!:D

I also fully agree with everything you said!;)

ye333, Maybe yes, from the outside it appears her is exasparated by the lack of application. Even though this outburst may be simply an attempt to kick start the players, ideally he would not wish it to be this way.

It seems the players under his tutelege cannot match his appetite for training and improving that he showed as a player and demands as a coach. ENG players certainly couldn't. Rexy is certainly one of the best coaches of our time. For MAS players sake I hope they realise this before it is too late. there will be plenty of countries queuing to secure his services.

19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    That 'swallowing' happened a long time ago.
    I'm still digesting it :D

Indeed, Rexy's arrival initially heralded a period of good fortune for all involved... the players, the coach, the association and the nation.

But, today, that era appears to be drawing to a close.

Only the coach seems to have fully retained the appetite for success ;)
    A few players have developed an appetite for other things.
    Another few have certainly lost their appetite.
    Yet another few have switched to vegetarian...
    ...and the association has completely lost the recipe for success.

Sadly, an optimistic nation waits for the feast, hoping that gold and glory will somehow still evolve from the chaos in its kitchen :eek:

20. eaglehelang

Kah kah, you 'practising' for your new book, is it?

Indonesia will be happy, and Msia can have less 'drama'.

#80 eaglehelang, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008