which racquet for me...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by X_Ernest, Mar 16, 2008.

1. X_Ernest

X_Ernest Regular Member

Student
    I started off playing with a Muscle Power 21, but then moved on to a really light headed racquet MP88 3U and found that it was easy to do clears. But then I got a Nanospeed 9000X and HATE IT. My MP88 broke... so Im stuck with my nanospeed which I really HATE, (my MP21 is worse though). Im planning to get a racquet similiar to my MP88 but dont really know which one...
    I was think of

Armortec 800 DEF ( I think its Stiff, so its good, I dont want any extra stiff)
    Armortec 900T (expensive...)

I was wondering if there were any medium-stiff light headed racquets out there that you guys could suggest.

Many thanks

2. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

If your NS9000X is very new without any chips maybe you can sell it off 2nd hand then buy an AT900T :D. A 2nd hand NS9000X could probably sell for $200 here in aus...

3. X_Ernest

X_Ernest Regular Member

Student
    =/ I never sell racquets, because once I've played with a racquet I know how it feels, so if in a competition my main one breaks, I dont have to use a random racquet which I dont know how it feels.

4. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Then if u can afford a NS9000X u can afford an AT900T :p. Btw i think MP88 is actually head heavy not light. Maybe you can get a MP99 or MP100, just don't buy it here in aus...

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    MP88 is head heavy, so another head heavy racquet is probably for you (just not TOO head heavy. AT500 is moderate stiff, not too expensive, moderately head heavy. AT800DE, I'm not sure how head heavy it is, or how stiff, but supposedly similar to AT900T, which is head heavy, stiffer than AT500, and swings faster than it because of the frame profile. Both AT900T and AT800DE are very fast racquets.

6. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    AT900T is really expensive but believe me it worth that price.

7. X_Ernest

X_Ernest Regular Member

Student
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll give AT800DF a go, but how much does it cost? I must be cheaper than the AT900T for sure, by the way I live in Australia, so yeh.

8. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

If you were to buy an AT800DE in aus u might as well pay $20 more for AT900T...the RRP of those racquets here are actually $320, and $340, while realistically you should be able to buy them around $200-$240.

9. X_Ernest

X_Ernest Regular Member

Student
    WOW, that is really expensive, I was expecting the AT800DE to be around $100... yes I rather pay a few more dollars for the AT900T...

Are there any sort-of heavy headed light racquets out there?